KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Is Pep answering anyone's emails Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:34 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Hi,

I recently saw that a company over seas doing special burn discs with a brand who does their audits on. I also had some updated information for them but can't seem to get a reply back. It is disheartening when I see them posting on forums but not answering e-mails when it concerns a company or companies over seas doing pro-burn discs.

I hope I've just not been overlooked as I've been trying to be honest, fair and open to help assist anti-piracy that is ruining this business. With that I just ask, why would a company not get back with someone trying to look out for them?

Exit stage left...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
if i were a conspiracy theorist...
the pro-burn companies selling those discs are creating new licensees for PEP's HELP program.
also new venues for PEP to sue and present SCE as a way out.
unfortunately PEP has not acted on customers reports in a very long time (at least 7 years)
don't feel bad, it's not you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
the pro-burn companies selling those discs are creating new licensees for PEP's HELP program.
unfortunately PEP has not acted on customers reports in a very long time (at least 7 years)

8) Isn't the reason most of these reports were not acted on Paradigm is because it was hosts reporting other hosts? There was no reason to move forward since the hosts are not the deep pockets but rather the venues they work for? The bottom line is that PEP is out to make money from this legal circus of theirs. The one host I met in the Inland Empire that was sued years ago by SC, nothing came of it when when it was discovered he had no assets. It has to be cost effective for PEP to tackle a lawsuit. Otherwise they are just wasting their limited, little, tiny resources. Which are getting smaller every year. When writing books you have to publish or perish, the same can be said for former karaoke discs producers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
JustinE wrote:
Hi,

I recently saw that a company over seas doing special burn discs with a brand who does their audits on.
Just out of curiosity, which over seas companies are offering SC on custom discs?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

8) Isn't the reason most of these reports were not acted on Paradigm is because it was hosts reporting other hosts? There was no reason to move forward since the hosts are not the deep pockets but rather the venues they work for? The bottom line is that PEP is out to make money from this legal circus of theirs. The one host I met in the Inland Empire that was sued years ago by SC, nothing came of it when when it was discovered he had no assets. It has to be cost effective for PEP to tackle a lawsuit. Otherwise they are just wasting their limited, little, tiny resources. Which are getting smaller every year. When writing books you have to publish or perish, the same can be said for former karaoke discs producers.

yes, but at the time, that was what they asked for and got.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

yes, but at the time, that was what they asked for and got.

8) The reason they asked for it wasn't really that thought out. From the beginning I don't think there was a definite plan as to how to go about getting money back for SC aka PEP. After trying to sue hosts which was a money loser, they decided just recently to go after venues and start their own in house karaoke service, that would be directly competing with all the other karaoke hosts still out here. This whole legal process has evolved over the last 7 plus years to what it is today. It has all been a big waste of time and energy on their part because they have spent what little resources they have left and don't have that much to show for their efforts. Just my opinion of course.