KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Music Maestro and Disc Shields Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
I was able to reach one of the owners of Music Maestro and apparently music was done print to disc (no press ring). I was told to enjoy what I purchased and apparently the company doing the re-prints when they were discondemand.

I have a question for people like myself who have purchased Chartbuster and am still getting my library together about something called a vinyl disc top which is a see through protector. One of my discs arrived and it was soaked with water damage from lack of handling by FedEx. I know when Blockbuster had an in store DVD or Game they used these shields.

Has anyone had any luck with these?

It is a bit discouraging to have had to claim insurance on a disc set I can no longer find. The vinyl disc tops protect not only the top of the CD from scratches but also water.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i have seen them and saw mixed reviews.
do you have picture of the water damage?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Of the Music Maestro or Chartbuster?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

I had Chartbuster ruin in the mail. I had to return the damaged items in order to get a refund. No matter how the company printed in the end "DO NOT GET THE TOP WET, LOL" I'm just shocked that such poor jobs were done on the discs. I miss the days of Silk Screened CD's...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
The discs themselves still should've played fine, the printing is just what cannot get wet. It's just inkjet printing pretty much. I've had discs that got wet and totally wiped away the print job but still play fine. I just sharpied what disc number they were lol

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:57 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Hi Lonman,

I know Chartbuster went through many type of disc making. Some had green backs which were glossy, others were a semi-shine and there were even ones I got that were matte finished. There is CD/DVD guard but it is a lacquer spray and will overcome you with fumes to protect your library. That is why I am looking at the vinyl tops like what Blockbuster used to disc-shield their CD. Also you can get them with your logo and an anti-theft bar in them but I would not go that far. These had been in the rain so long against the FedEx matter to take them back if no one answered. I had a swirl of rainbow colors. I wanted something to identify with. I had no idea what was on what. I had called CB many times before they closed shop and even spoke to an ex employee in the past.