KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Piracy. Why it exists, and and idea to solve it. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Piracy - The real reason why it exists . . .

Consumers got fed up with being manipulated and controlled by huge corporations that change the rules to profit themselves at the expense of both the artists and the consumers.

Technology gave them the power to do so.

Copyright was intended to give exclusive control of inventions and works of art to their creators for a set period of 14 years with the possibility of an extension to 28 years.

It was NOT created so that great great great grandkids Buffy and Muffy could jet around the world as parasites on humanity.

Attachment:
Mickey-Mouse-Curve.png
Mickey-Mouse-Curve.png [ 41.66 KiB | Viewed 32633 times ]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
More than 98% of the historical SC catalog was created in the last 28 years.

Term extension is a convenient excuse, but even if we were operating under 19th-century terms, it would still be piracy.

Pirates pirate because they can. It is extremely difficult to fight against them through legal means. Why buy something if you can steal it without consequences?

That's why, when people fight against our efforts to impose consequences for stealing, I call that behavior and attitude objectively pro-pirate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
over the last 8 or 9 years we have been ASKING ans WAITING to see consequences for stealing.
have sent you people who need consequences for stealing, but to no avail.
are you trying to tell me that since 2010 you have had no investigators in Phoenix?
are you trying to tell me that since 2010 you have had no attorneys in Phoenix?
are you trying to tell me that since 2010 you have had no suits in Phoenix?
yet...to date...not one reported pirate has been investigated.

change the city, you have investigated in the towns of people here....certified people...who reported pirates....and investigations afterwards do not touch those pirates.

think i'm just making crap up?....
ask.

i already have...publicly, not in PM, and not one single person certified or otherwise has been able to show any assistance from PEP.
not one single person has been able to show any reported pirate sued though they can show suits filed after the fact of others who were later dismissed.

nobody here wants pirates around.
nobody here helps pirates.
nobody here "fight against our efforts to impose consequences for stealing"
we have been waiting for it to actually happen.

say "we are doing it" all you want, the front lines do not see it happening.
you want support?...i told you before just as publicly as i am now in this same forum...
show us you give a crap, show us you ARE doing it, show us it is worth it to help and support you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
earthling12357 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Legitimate karaoke hosts have been burned by manufacturers and their marketing practices almost to the point of extinction.

I know a lot of legit karaoke hosts. Some new, some old. I have yet to come across anyone that shares your view that the manufacturers are to blame.

If you talk to publishers instead of KJs, you will likely find those who share Chip's view.
Universal for example, shared their veiw in exhibit 5 of their suit against Digitax. It's in an e-mail exchange Jerrold Grannis and Alan Jacobi.
Here's some excerpts:
Universal wrote:
No disrespect, but I think you are looking through rose colored glasses. I agree that all infringers should be made into revenue sources, but not that they should all be licensed. Some of them don't possess ethics, cannot be rehabilitated and therefore need to be litigated out of existence. We think some of the entities Digitrax has chosen to partner with fall into that litigated category rather than the licensed category. And that's why we require that Digitrax disclose where and with whom they are partnering before they do so as we have a right to keep our songs off KP Media out of JoltSoft services and not to be entertwined with SBI and Sunfly. Should you disagree, we are more than happy to pull our content from Digitrax too.

Universal wrote:
As to the no-fly list. I'm not buying that argument either. The goal should be to work with us to get those writers off the no-fly list. Publicly shaming them and characterizing them as ungreatful upstarts "one might think the songwriter might remember what brought them to fame and fortune..." (REALLY???), is just wholesale unproductive. Why don't you have the anti-piracy team write an unbiased account of history and include mentions to the companies that intentionally defrauded the songwriters to the tune of millions of dollars and then ask those same readers if its fair for those songwriters to be untrustworthy after over a decade of being cheated?

This is what Chip said......

c. staley wrote:
Legitimate karaoke hosts have been burned by manufacturers and their marketing practices almost to the point of extinction.

The comments you point out have nothing to do with "marketing practices" and everything to do with licensing and partnering.

More in line with what we have discussed here regarding the price points and who they sell to (marketing practices), pricing low and marketing to hosts and everyday enthusiasts alike, did NOT promote piracy. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

There are legit hosts out there. Chip claims to be one in fact. Chip has proclaimed for a long time now that neither pirates nor the actions of manufacturers have had any impact in him. Yet he also claims that *specifically*, the actions of the manufacturers (and we all know he is only referring to just ONE manufacturer in particular), actually have had a negative impact on *legitimate* hosts. How is it that he is immune?

He's not. Chip's purported sign is proof of that. But that is less an impact on ALL hosts and more an impact directly to him. For Chip, it is a personal issue and vendetta. Chip's opinion of the industry does not reflect the attitude of most or even a significant number of hosts. Chip's island of hate is actually pretty small and mostly limited to who he can reach through this forum and one FB page.

I stand by what I said......hosts, in general, do not feel that the manufacturers (PEP) are to blame for........whatever Chip is trying to blame them for. Remember, Chip is unaffected. Many of the hosts here seem to be doing just fine. I am doing great and so are a lot of other hosts in my area.

Karaoke is strong and well in the Seattle area. It seems to be doing just fine in other parts of the country as well. Maybe it's bad in Detroit, and I can understand why given the economic decline Detroit has suffered, but again, Chip is immune to that.

My point......Chip wants everyone to believe that hosts, as a rule, share his view. That is just not true.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
nobody here wants pirates around.
nobody here helps pirates.
nobody here "fight against our efforts to impose consequences for stealing"

There are pirates on this forum that would disagree with you if they had the balls to say so.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I like the way you say there are Pirates on this forum Chris, and don't name any names, where are your balls? There are none all hosts on here are legit, you and Jim feel they are not if they don't like the deeds of PEP, and support PEP without question. You can read anything you want into your tea leaves, but facts are facts. Since SC started this legal business years ago the number of pirates have increased not decreased, that hosts that wait for a company to solve their problems will be dead before anything in a meaningful way is accomplished. PEP since it is a small, little, tiny weenie company, that owes a large settlement to Sony, I know how do I know it's large? It has to be or they would not be making payments they would have paid the settlement in full, so as not to put a legal lien on their company's assets. Since all of this is going on they cannot mount any type of a major offensive against pirates. PEP would be better served to take their very limited resources and come up with a different business model. Unfortunately they cannot do anything but what they are doing, coming on this forum and trying to scare hosts into paying them either for a GEM series lease, or a operator or venue license.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 37 times
Had someone speak to me recently that said. Uh, I can get a complete professional karaoke system with 2,500 songs for about $1,500.00. REALLY, and ya wonder why this subject is alive and well.
Another guy said he can get a laptop with everything, including 1,000 plus songs for under $700.00.
So I checked karaokecloud for music packs and it is 599 for 1,000 songs. That's the best LEGIT deal I believe I could find at the time. So it seems like the music with the laptop was free so to speak. I just wanna know, where can I legitimately get 1,000 licensed songs today for free so I can start giving away packages for the "too good to be true" prices.

Sorry, just venting. It's frustrating sometimes having to deal with this stuff. Take care guys!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) Light year Karaoke also has 100,000 DJ audio tracks for a $1000.00 and hard drive players loaded with CB content, just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
MADPROAUDIO wrote:
Had someone speak to me recently that said. Uh, I can get a complete professional karaoke system with 2,500 songs for about $1,500.00. REALLY, and ya wonder why this subject is alive and well.
Another guy said he can get a laptop with everything, including 1,000 plus songs for under $700.00.
So I checked karaokecloud for music packs and it is 599 for 1,000 songs. That's the best LEGIT deal I believe I could find at the time. So it seems like the music with the laptop was free so to speak. I just wanna know, where can I legitimately get 1,000 licensed songs today for free so I can start giving away packages for the "too good to be true" prices.

Sorry, just venting. It's frustrating sometimes having to deal with this stuff. Take care guys!

Often, prices are driven by the lack of knowledge on the buyers part.

I buy refurbed laptops at a price point that is difficult to believe.

So that combined with 1000 songs for $599 provides me with a legal profit.

It's true the pirates are everywhere.. It's also true the files can be obtained free.

But you really don't have to do it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) I like the way you say there are Pirates on this forum Chris, and don't name any names, where are your balls?

Can you say without any doubt that there are ZERO pirates in these forums? (I didn't think so)

I believe Chip *IS* a pirate. Not was.....IS.

Chip lied about the serialized digital watermarking. Why should we believe he is 100% legit? Couple that with the actions he has taken that are exactly those of a pirate. Chip is fond of the "walks like, talks like, sounds like" line........

Even if Chip is legit, there are other pirates on these forums. You can take the position of "No there aren't unless you can prove it" if you like, so I will kindly point you to the various "Intro" posts where new people ask for assistance performing pirate activities and the community here pounces on them.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Since SC started this legal business years ago the number of pirates have increased not decreased, that hosts that wait for a company to solve their problems will be dead before anything in a meaningful way is accomplished.

Two things here......

1) Piracy was going to increase with or without actions by PEP.
2) You are fool to believe that piracy can be "solved" by PEP or anyone else.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
PEP since it is a small, little, tiny weenie company, that owes a large settlement to Sony, I know how do I know it's large? It has to be or they would not be making payments they would have paid the settlement in full, so as not to put a legal lien on their company's assets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are "older" (as in close to 70?). I would like to think that at that age you understand something about liquidity and cash flow. Also, the term "large settlement" is relative to the party paying it.

But outside of that, what does the amount of, or the terms of their settlement with Sony have to do with anything? The fact remains that they are still in business. They still have customers.

As Harrington noted, Chip (and you for that matter) are not privy to the terms of their agreement. Everything Chip (and you) says about it is pure speculation and hyperbole. In my opinion, it's designed specifically to damage the reputation of their company (It doesn't appear to be working).

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Since all of this is going on they cannot mount any type of a major offensive against pirates. PEP would be better served to take their very limited resources and come up with a different business model. Unfortunately they cannot do anything but what they are doing, coming on this form and trying to scare hosts into paying them either for a GEM series lease, or a operator or venue license.

Microsoft hasn't made a dent against pirates either. Is their business model wrong too?

EVERY major tech company that sells or licenses IP in some form has settled with "pirates" (unlicensed or improperly licensed users) and converted them to customers. What PEP is doing is not a novel approach.

Since the PEP / Sony agreement is what keeps getting brought up, give this a read.......Sony converted this pirate outfit into a customer.....

https://torrentfreak.com/sony-settles-p ... ok-150728/

Where are your balls......who, on this forum, has PEP scared into any of their licensing?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Prices being what they are, there should be no reason for pirates...

I just bought Zoom's newest pack release (Whole Lotta Soul 1-6) for about $30 bucks/set. It has about 140 songs so its around $0.20 a song. you read that right, twenty cents a song.

It's also about $12 for the Zoom Pop Charts Pack 2017 part 1 CD. Some stuff I wont use, but overall a good value. If I cherry picked 4 songs from that CD on say KV, it would still cost me about $12. So while I might not use them, the extra tracks are pretty much free.

But the fact that these prices are as low as they can be doesn't matter. A pirate is going to steal it if its $3 or 20 cents a track.

But I have a theory about why some people (not all) are stealing music: They honestly don't think its stealing. They are USED to getting "free" product all day long.

Think about all the computer services out there, you probably use them everyday too: Google, Facebook, Spotify, Youtube, Instagram, etc. All of these companies give away the product for nothing. In the case of Facebook and Google, they do it because the data mining is so intense, that anything you type gets turned into potential data for advertisers. As for music services such as Pandora, Spotify, and YouTube, you can pay a premium, or you can deal with the advertising that comes up every now and then. And it's the music and video service parts that might help the karaoke manufacturers.

Maybe companies should open up their entire karaoke catalogs as a streaming service, and just attach ads from time to time. the KJ using the "free" service can't fast forward them, so the vendors get paid via how much advertising would balance out the costs of doing business and it's usage. KJs who rather NOT have advertising, would pay a premium subscription rate for ad free streaming. Either way the costs are covered.

It also has potential to up revenue streams. A home user can stream the catalog, and still pay their fair share visa advertising. A KJ who only really uses the product 1 or 2 times a month, also might be willing to deal with ads. KJ who has multiple rigs and runs shows daily, would definitely consider the costs of the premium service.

Their are problems here too of course, such as legitimate KJs having a huge catalog already in place. But if the software provides KJ a way to use their old material, and just stream the new or missing stuff they want, it would still support karaoke manu's via the occasional ad. You'd get an ad every now and then on the new or missing stuff, just like the free user, but a lot less of them because your using mostly your own material.

There is no perfect answer to pirating. But the current model we have allows for it to run rampant. And that needs to change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
So you say "I believe Chip is a pirate" and follow that up with "Even if he is legit" which means you don't have a clue - but you have a desire.

So who exactly is speculating, guessing, and talking out their rear end now?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:

Where are your balls......who, on this forum, has PEP scared into any of their licensing?

8) Athena comes to mind, she was caught up by SC early in the game, and was forced to come to terms with Kurt. My balls are where they belong in my trousers. Over 70 Chris going to be 72 very soon in July. If we are going to play the pirate game then you come to mind as well, you are currently under contract with Kurt both for GEM leasing and licensing as well aren't you? Doesn't licensing relieve you of even an audit to prove all of your many rigs are 1:1 compliant? If we look at any hosts library I'm sure you will find material that is on the no fly list, out of license orphan brands etc. etc. etc., I don't see anyone rushing to remove questionable material from their libraries. There attitude is I will continue to use the product I paid for until someone tells me I can't. In fact that is your position isn't it? I think the hosts that refuse to get in bed with PEP are the least likely to be Pirates. They don't need SC to make it and they risk much coming on here and providing a target, that is if your little, small, tiny weenie company is ever able to come after anyone in the future.

P.S. If it is foolish Chris to think that PEP or any other company is going to eliminate piracy then what are we arguing about? Why does Jim keep coming on here and saber rattling? Why doesn't he just go away?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
So you say "I believe Chip is a pirate" and follow that up with "Even if he is legit" which means you don't have a clue - but you have a desire.

So who exactly is speculating, guessing, and talking out their rear end now?

I have no problem noting it is speculation. I also have no problem raising the question based on your own comments and actions. There is very strong anecdotal evidence that you are in fact a pirate. There is little question that you are pro-piracy. I believe what I believe. Others can believe what they want based on the same information.

The difference between you and I is that I recognize I am speculating and say so. (Exception - You lied about the Red Peters tracks. That is not speculation at all. That is fact.) You speculate and outright lie, but present as fact and truth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

8) Athena comes to mind, she was caught up by SC early in the game, and was forced to come to terms with Kurt.

I don't know all the details of Athena's situation. But I don't believe she was "scared into" anything. She was sued, did a *voluntary audit*, and passed with flying colors. Besides, doers Athena come across as ever having been "scared" of SC/PEP ever?

The Lone Ranger wrote:
If we are going to play the pirate game then you come to mind as well, you are currently under contract with Kurt both for GEM leasing and licensing as well aren't you?

Yes, I am.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Doesn't licensing relieve you of even an audit to prove all of your many rigs are 1:1 compliant?

Actually, no. I am obligated to report the increase or decrease in the size of my SC libraries per the language of my contracts. It doesn't pertain to my non-SC materials, but I have no problem showing anyone my systems and the discs to go with them. Next time you are in Seattle, give me a call.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
If we look at any hosts library I'm sure you will find material that is on the no fly list, out of license orphan brands etc. etc. etc.

Including yours and Chip's.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I don't see anyone rushing to remove questionable material from their libraries. There attitude is I will continue to use the product I paid for until someone tells me I can't. In fact that is your position isn't it?

That is not my position. I proactively and without provocation reached out to SC, CB and Stellar (PHM) to participate in all of their programs.

I don't even know what an "out of license orphan brand" is supposed to be.

When you and Chip and the rest of the anti-SC clan vet and pull all of the improperly or unlicensed material, you can hold me accountable. Until then, you are just flapping your gums.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
P.S. If it is foolish Chris to think that PEP or any other company is going to eliminate piracy then what are we arguing about? Why does Jim keep coming on here and saber rattling? Why doesn't he just go away?

PEP has never claimed to be trying to eliminate piracy. They have been quite clear their actions are primarily about compensation.

Harrington has answered the "why am I here" question a number of times. May I suggest some Prevagen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) I think we know why he is here. Trying to scare up some sales so he can pay Sony, what is owed them. Oh and Athena did get herself a lawyer as a precaution when SC did come after her. As far as an audit goes I would be happy to do so if I had any SC. My CB is covered also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
There is very strong anecdotal evidence that you are in fact a pirate.
Make up your mind, "anecdotal evidence" isn't "evidence" at all... it is nothing more than your made up fantasy. If you want to go the "anecdotal" route, there's anecdotal evidence provided from directly from the horse's mouth (you) that you helped pirates keep their gigs by simply re-labeling them as "illegal hosts" so you could sell them your leftover and unwanted ebay discs. I'd call that "supporting a pirate" wouldn't you? How about "pro-piracy?" Yep. As long as you could make a buck in the deal.

chrisavis wrote:
There is little question that you are pro-piracy. I believe what I believe. Others can believe what they want based on the same information.
Except that you "believe what you believe" based on your own admission that it is speculation, guessing and (unless you can prove otherwise) fantasy. Good luck with that.

chrisavis wrote:
The difference between you and I is that I recognize I am speculating and say so.
There it is again....

chrisavis wrote:
(Exception - You lied about the Red Peters tracks. That is not speculation at all. That is fact.) You speculate and outright lie, but present as fact and truth.
Still haven't found anything huh?

But let me ask you this:
Why are you so interested in the Red Peters tracks?
Are you hoping to receive some sort of blessing to put them up on a torrent?
Are you wanting to copy them for all your systems?
Are you out to screw over Red Peters?
Seems like this is "anecdotal evidence" that you are the pro-pirate one...
More likely, it's because you and Harrington both want to find something.... anything.... anything at all... even if you have to make it up.... just to point a finger and call me a liar in your meager attempt to sling some mud... because you have nothing else.

You are acting like a writer for the "National Enquirer" and I'm surprised you haven't asked the "when did you stop beating your wife" question....

But let's analyze the real ramifications of both sides of this scenario --- in all fairness of course --- as to whether there is a "lie" or not:

If there IS a lie then,
You point a finger at me as some big, horrible liar and still, no one gets sued by me.
You upload your tracks to a torrent to "teach me a lesson" and screw over Red Peters (because it won't affect me in least)

If there is NOT a lie then,
Back to the drawing board for you.
No one will still get sued by me.

What is the common denominator here? (hint: No one gets sued by me.) So in the big scheme of things, whether or not I lied really means nothing. If it is a lie, it's a lie to hopefully keep Red's material from hitting the torrent because locks are only good to keep the honest being honest. And if it's a NOT a lie, you take your chances.

Whether you like it or not, I don't care if you think I'm a pirate because in well over 7 years, I've not been sued for infringement, theft, libel, slander, breach of contract or anything else have I? Nope.

Can you say the same for PEP?
Nope.

Yeti = 1
Avis = 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:49 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
1st time I've been on in several months ... SOS DD I see ... nothing has really changed, hah.

The argument remains the same ... LET IT GO ... There is a song in that "Get Over It".

My opinion still holds > You guys are nothing more than children with bills.

See ya in a few more months ... Maybe this crap will change, but, then again ?

This is an edit > I do see that Harrington has quit responding to someone... Guess he's tired of beating that dead horse ... How about the rest of ya ?

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
There is very strong anecdotal evidence that you are in fact a pirate.
Make up your mind, "anecdotal evidence" isn't "evidence" at all... it is nothing more than your made up fantasy. If you want to go the "anecdotal" route, there's anecdotal evidence provided from directly from the horse's mouth (you) that you helped pirates keep their gigs by simply re-labeling them as "illegal hosts" so you could sell them your leftover and unwanted ebay discs. I'd call that "supporting a pirate" wouldn't you? How about "pro-piracy?" Yep. As long as you could make a buck in the deal.

Nothing anecdotal about it. Some pirates contacted me for help getting legal. I sold them some extra discs. It wasn't about profit. It was about helping someone that asked for help.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
There is little question that you are pro-piracy. I believe what I believe. Others can believe what they want based on the same information.
Except that you "believe what you believe" based on your own admission that it is speculation, guessing and (unless you can prove otherwise) fantasy. Good luck with that.

I believe there is extra-terrestrial life. It is a completely fantastical belief. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

I believe you are a pirate and that is less fantasy and more reality supported by your own words an actions.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
(Exception - You lied about the Red Peters tracks. That is not speculation at all. That is fact.) You speculate and outright lie, but present as fact and truth.
Still haven't found anything huh?

I found out you were lying. What more do I need?

c. staley wrote:
But let me ask you this:

Someone else already put them out there.

c. staley wrote:
Are you wanting to copy them for all your systems?

I bought a couple. Didn't like them. No one has requested them. So....no. Not interested in them even for free.

c. staley wrote:

I think you are doing that with your lies.

c. staley wrote:
You are acting like a writer for the "National Enquirer" and I'm surprised you haven't asked the "when did you stop beating your wife" question....

No need to ask that question because I already know the answer.

c. staley wrote:
But let's analyze the real ramifications of both sides of this scenario --- in all fairness of course --- as to whether there is a "lie" or not:

If there IS a lie then,
You point a finger at me as some big, horrible liar and still, no one gets sued by me.
You upload your tracks to a torrent to "teach me a lesson" and screw over Red Peters (because it won't affect me in least)

If there is NOT a lie then,
Back to the drawing board for you.
No one will still get sued by me.

What is the common denominator here? (hint: No one gets sued by me.) So in the big scheme of things, whether or not I lied really means nothing. If it is a lie, it's a lie to hopefully keep Red's material from hitting the torrent because locks are only good to keep the honest being honest. And if it's a NOT a lie, you take your chances.

They are on Torrents and iRC. You have lost that battle already.

That you lied is what is important. That you continue to lie is more important. It establishes the lengths to which you will go to make yourself look good and everyone else look bad.

btw.....the "No one gets sued by me" argument is empty. You have no standing to sue. You can't sue anyone over pirated Red Peters tracks.

I have already proven that the Red Peters tracks can't be tracked to the original purchaser. So the reality of it is that anyone can grab the tracks from the web without much fear of reprisal. That sucks for Red Peters. What sucks even more is if you led Red Peters to believe otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Nothing anecdotal about it. Some pirates contacted me for help getting legal. I sold them some extra discs. It wasn't about profit. It was about helping someone that asked for help.
Therefore, yes... you do "help pirates." Nice of you to finally admit it.

chrisavis wrote:
I believe you are a pirate and that is less fantasy and more reality supported by your own words an actions.
And not a single example to support your belief. Not surprising.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
But let me ask you this:

Someone else already put them out there.
The originally pirated-by-Sound Choice tracks are there... and have been. Not necessarily news. How about you give us a screen shot of the torrent listing all the tracks? You should be able to provide that for proof at the bare minimum.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I think you are doing that with your lies.
Enligthen us on exactly how you believe that is so. I'll wait because it should be very creative.

chrisavis wrote:
They are on Torrents and iRC. You have lost that battle already.
Prove it, don't just whine about it.

chrisavis wrote:
That you lied is what is important. That you continue to lie is more important. It establishes the lengths to which you will go to make yourself look good and everyone else look bad.
I see... but to you, Harrington promising to "get the band back together" and TAKING MONEY FOR IT... and then proclaiming "it was a market test" somehow is perfectly acceptable with you? Lying to Paradigm 6 months ago that he "had an attorney in Phoenix and an investigator" when nothing has happened is Okie-dokie as well? Perhaps you just haven't had the pleasure of having a gun in your face at the mention of SC followed up by a promise of action that turns out to be a lie.

I don't have to try (at all) to make some people look bad. Their actions and their own words do that all by themselves.
chrisavis wrote:
btw.....the "No one gets sued by me" argument is empty. You have no standing to sue. You can't sue anyone over pirated Red Peters tracks.
How much you wanna bet? If you're still confused or convinced that I can't, ask your "controller licensor" Harrington.
chrisavis wrote:
I have already proven that the Red Peters tracks can't be tracked to the original purchaser. So the reality of it is that anyone can grab the tracks from the web without much fear of reprisal. That sucks for Red Peters. What sucks even more is if you led Red Peters to believe otherwise.
To what end? You're so focused on "you lied!" that you can't (or better yet, won't) consider for 1 second that even if it was a lie, what would be the purpose of a lie like this?

I'll await your scholarly reply.

Last edited by c. staley on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next