KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - If PEP stopped suing? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
The files on the sticks and discs have a code number for the songs that unique to the licensee, I believe so if they choose to, they can do an audit of the hard drives that contain the songs.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
JimHarrington wrote:

To clear all of this up:

(1) All of the GEM series discs belong to PEP. It has been that way from the beginning. GEM series licensees do not own the discs.

(2) 2017 was the first year when we had a lot of renewals due, and when we went to process renewals, we found that a number of licensees had discarded the discs. This is a problem because, as noted above, they don't own the discs.

8) So Jim did you sue the licensees for disposing of the discs that did not belong to them in the first place?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
... do you really think we would risk being sued by making extra copies of the GEM series just to make a few thousand extra dollars? I mean, come on. That would be colossally stupid.

And PEP is still paying off EMI for infringement....
I would call that "colossally stupid"

PEP promised new content ("getting the band back together") and took money from KJ's on a reservation basis only to end up refunding the money when it failed and claiming it was only a "marketing test."

PEP's attempt at a "Prime" version went over like a lead balloon...

PEP's "Sound Choice Entertainment" has withered into nothingness...

Harrington himself has been reprimanded on a federal level and multiple times on the state level for unethical practices relating to intellectual property legal work by the State Bar.

"Sound Choice" (Slep-Tone) as a company is out of business, it's legacy is that it's transformed itself into nothing more than trademark trolling operation that preys on the unknowing through the threat of legal action while it continues to pay off its debt for past copyright infringement.

I've watched the best and most loyal customers ("sound choice cheerleaders") slowly either fade away one by one or go mysteriously and permanently silent as they've opened their eyes and realized all the lies and scams that have been perpetrated on them. Having your best customers that stood by you only to abandon you and distance themselves because of your own action, lies and "poisoning your own well" is something I would call "colossally stupid."

And finally, after the last 8 years, I've never signed a contract with them, I haven't lost a dime in business or client/venue because of them and I've never had to spend a dime on their "colossally stupid" licensing scams.

And I'm still here and in business.

'betcha didn't see that comin'..... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
c. staley wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
... do you really think we would risk being sued by making extra copies of the GEM series just to make a few thousand extra dollars? I mean, come on. That would be colossally stupid.

And PEP is still paying off EMI for infringement....

PEP promised new content ("getting the band back together") and took money from KJ's on a reservation basis only to end up refunding the money when it failed and claiming it was only a "marketing test."

PEP's attempt at a "Prime" version went over like a lead balloon...

PEP's "Sound Choice Entertainment" has withered into nothingness...

Harrington himself has been reprimanded on a federal level and multiple times on the state level for unethical practices relating to intellectual property legal work by the State Bar.

"Sound Choice" (Slep-Tone) as a company is out of business, it's legacy is that it's transformed itself into nothing more than trademark trolling operation that preys on the unknowing through the threat of legal action while it continues to pay off its debt for past copyright infringement.

I've watched the best and most loyal customers ("sound choice cheerleaders") slowly either fade away one by one or go mysteriously and permanently silent as they've opened their eyes and realized all the lies and scams that have been perpetrated on them. Having your best customers that stood by you only to abandon you and distance themselves because of your own action, lies and "poisoning your own well" is something I would call "colossally stupid."

And finally, after the last 8 years, I've never signed a contract with them, I haven't lost a dime in business or client/venue because of them and I've never had to spend a dime on their "colossally stupid" licensing scams.

And I'm still here and in business.

'betcha didn't see that comin'..... :wink:

And for this summary I would call you "Colossally Brilliant"

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Just got wind of Harrington with another company, Bass Clef Holdings LLC. So.. not sure if suits are going away. Perhaps just being soaked up by what appears to be a larger law firm?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
djdon wrote:
Just got wind of Harrington with another company, Bass Clef Holdings LLC. So.. not sure if suits are going away. Perhaps just being soaked up by what appears to be a larger law firm?

Trolling operations like we've seen from PEP are usually never handled by larger law firms. They are usually done by one or two attorneys that either can't find employment at a larger firm, or just think they can make more money by preying on those that don't know any better using some sort of legal-sounding technicality. I truly doubt that a larger, and reputable law firm would get near Harrington with a 10 ft pole after the multiple ethics reprimands. If you owned a law firm, would you consider hiring a lawyer with such a record?
Here's the corporate search from Arkansas, and this one has been revoked, so we'll see where he eventually lands.
https://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=431261&corp_type_id=&corp_name=bass+clef&agent_search=&agent_city=&agent_state=&filing_number=&cmd=

------------------------
Corporation Name BASS CLEF HOLDINGS, LLC
Fictitious Names
Filing # 811066276
Filing Type Limited Liability Company
Filed under Act Domestic LLC; 1003 of 1993
Principal Address 6604 LONGWOOD RD
CAMMACK VILLAGE, AR 72207
Reg. Agent MICHAEL F HARRINGTON
Agent Address 3100 HWY 270 WEST

SHERIDAN, AR 72150
Date Filed 12/17/2014
Officers JAMES M HARRINGTON , Incorporator/Organizer
----------------------------------------

LO AND BEHOLD!... he has started another one... under the very same name... in TEXAS:

------------
BASS CLEF HOLDINGS, LLC
Texas Taxpayer Number 32064966693
Mailing Address 2501 MAJESTIC DR PLANO, TX 75074-2837
Right to Transact Business in Texas ACTIVE
State of Formation TX
Effective SOS Registration Date 09/28/2017
Texas SOS File Number 0802825062
Registered Agent Name JAMES M HARRINGTON
Registered Office Street Address 2501 MAJESTIC DR PLANO, TX 75074
--------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
is someone about to get the SC catalogue?
Bass Cleff Holdings with a silent Slep...i mean silent partner?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14