KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - US Court of Appeals upholds court ruling against PEP Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
"What Do We Want"..."New Karaoke"..."When Do We Want It"... "Now"

"KARAOKE LIVES MATTER"

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Singers in a bar, Mike 'em like Kevin Bacon!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:31 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I google karaoke and buykaraokedownloads pops up on my screen. It is not my job to investigate the company. It is not my job to determine that what you say about that company is true or not. That company is a competitor of yours so have have a motivation to try to sully their name and try to get people to stop purchasing their products. There have been many karaoke companies through out the years that have produced karaoke tracks without having the proper licensing to do so, yet KJs all over the world bought their products as quickly as they could. Most, if pot all, of those companies are now out of business yet no KJs have decided to throw away all of the discs made by those companies in an effort to stay completely legitimate. I'm not throwing away any karaoke music that I have bought and paid for in good faith. BKD is not any more illegal that All Hits, Dangerous, Helluvadisc, or even Music Maestro, for that matter; as far as I'm concerned. I don't think that many KJs feel differently than I do in that regard. You would like to have a monopoly on the future of karaoke but it's not very likely to go that way because people like me will be happy to buy karaoke tracks from anyone willing to make them, if they make songs that people want to sing at our shows. If you make karaoke tracks of good songs in a timely matter; people will buy them from you as well. If you snooze, you will lose. It's just that simple. KJs are an impatient bunch. we want whet we want and we want it as soon as possible. We don't investigate every company that advertises their wares on the internet. We are KJ,s and not private investigators.

There is actually difference between Music Maestro and BKD. MM produced discs and actually did license quite a a bit of their catalog. They paid a studio to create their masters and pressed discs by the thousand and later stopped paying licensing before closing down. The same can be said for All Hits. The others were merely spinoffs from the same guy who did SGB and he never licensed anything. That cowboy mentality is what contributed to the downfall of Sound Choice and caused karaoke to have the bad name it does with the publishers today and you me and everyone else is paying the price.

The big difference between BKD and the cowboys of the past is simple. They pay .99 for a track that they download and make a homemade disc and pay nothing to anyone. They contribute nothing to the industry or the artists who composed the work. They are bootleggers, but judging by your comments you could care less.

What makes you think we want a monopoly? I think competition is a good thing. We welcome it. But like anyone in any type competition - I want a level playing field. Karaoke is a specialized industry, I think everyone would agree. I don't go around "sullying" the name of any competitor that is legit - even those who are overseas and enjoy an unfair advantage over us. And the majority of people who post on here, who actually care about the quality and authenticity of the products they use know very well that BKD is a bootleg operation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out if you have some morals and common sense. And no amount of Google Ad Words will change that.. But I get it, there are lots of people who love buying all kinds of bootleg stuff - have at it!

So go ahead and stick with their product - if you can call it that, while you can.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
cueball wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you damaged your disks to the point of being unplayable. If i paid hat much for disks, I would be sure to handle them with more proper care.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO ASSUME TO KNOW HOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS TREATED THEIR DISCS???!!!!!!!!

SH** Happens!!!! Pin Holes appear!!!! Scractches occur from normal usage!!!!

Um, very easily. I am assuming the exact same thing and rightly so. You CAN prevent discs from being damaged. Sure you have the right to be careless, but stop acting like careless is the norm. It's not. It's not like it's your car. With a car, someone else could run into it or any number of things could happen to it, but when it comes to compact discs, you can keep them in a storage case, never let anyone use them, and if you're careful when you use them, they will NEVER get scratched. Ever! Let me repeat.....EVER!

Who am I to assume this? Someone who knows it can be done, so get over yourself.....and grow up with the use of the ridiculous sized font. No wonder your discs are damaged. You act like a child.

...and stop lying. Pin holes don't just appear. Scratches do NOT happen from normal use. Scratches happen from normal use when in the hands of a child, or an adult who acts like one. Grow up and you'll have far less problems in a lot of other areas of your life as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Wow the anger here, tonight. Damn!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I'm not angry at all. I like new songs to sing and I don't care who makes them. If I had a band at my disposal, I'd make free karaoke for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
@ Karaokelan

Where did I say that I was ever careless with my discs?

My post wasn't even made to or at you!!! Before you go passing judgment on
MY POSTS
go back a few pages and read where it came from. Even the person who KNF was posting to didn't say anything about his discs being broken or scratched. She just went on as if he did.

And there was nothing I lied about in that post. I made a very simple statement. Pin Holes do appear in discs over time (not on all discs). It is sometimes caused by simple deterioration (no matter how well you may take care of your CDs). I have had some CDGs sitting in my storage binders that have never even been played once. Yet, years later, when I went to burn a copy of them to have as a backup, there were a few I could not copy due to pin holes that had developed. As for scratches. the mere fact that a disc is spinning around at a high speed inside of a machine can cause scratches on the disc surface. That has nothing to do with being careless. It's called NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

I think you have a rather distorted view of reality, and a serious READING COMPREHENSION problem.

KaraokeIan wrote:
Grow up and you'll have far less problems in a lot of other areas of your life as well.

And who are you to presume to psychoanalyze me??? You don't know me! You don't know what my life is like!!!

BTW... Tough luck if you don't like the way I choose to use the fonts.

Last edited by Cueball on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Obviously Bob (oops I mean Karaokelan) has never used his discs long enough to actually get any kind of scratches over normal use. Even ask Joe C - an avid 'luddite' disc user, even he states with careful use, scratches and pinholes DO happen over time. I've had discs that I hardly ever taken out of the jewel cases that became suddenly unplayable over the years. It happens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Lonman wrote:
Obviously Bob (oops I mean Karaokelan) has never used his discs long enough to actually get any kind of scratches over normal use. Even ask Joe C - an avid 'luddite' disc user, even he states with careful use, scratches and pinholes DO happen over time. I've had discs that I hardly ever taken out of the jewel cases that became suddenly unplayable over the years. It happens.

There is even a name for it: Disc Rot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:17 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Like this.

Attachment:
laserrot.jpg
laserrot.jpg [ 61.81 KiB | Viewed 28407 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:26 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:42 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Hmmm Disk in Microwave ? ? ? I do not recommend this even to my worst.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
@ JD - Funny :lol: I was waiting for mayo & mustard. for real or not - you want fries with that? :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
jdmeister wrote:

Microwave? That's just plain dumb . . .

Everyone knows you need a 1965 Kenner Easy Bake oven with a 110 bulb to properly repair a cd. 8>)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Another quick fix - peanut butter :)
http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-any ... ut-Butter/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Returning to the original topic, our petition for rehearing of the case before the full Seventh Circuit is being filed momentarily.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Returning to the original topic, our petition for rehearing of the case before the full Seventh Circuit is being filed momentarily.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
JimHarrington wrote:

And you will probably lose, AGAIN!! Give it up, already!! The tide is turning against you!! Not to mention, you are wasting the court's time and resources, and tax payer money!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Jim is just doing what lawyers do. postpone the inevitable with paperwork. In the meantime they go on trying to scare up the few final settlements that they can.