KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - PEP entertainment Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: PEP entertainment
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
@ Chip:

Being a DB KJ, I may be one of the exceptions to the rule, but I am listed as a Certified KJ in PEP's website, and:
1. I had had some form of an audit initiated with Brian, and I did not have to pay for it. I also did not have to place some type of marking/etching on my discs either.
2. I was not given any sort of contract to sign.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
chrisavis wrote:
Hey....YOU said YOU were a programmer, not me. I know I am not a programmer. I write some code here and there, but I stop well short of lumping myself in with people that make a living writing code (you certainly don't). You aren't as skilled a programmer as you claim to be (lied about).
By your own admission, how could you possibly know? Oh, I get it... you downloaded some free progams... that's perfect!

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
And that one has a vested financial interest and bias against every single person on this forum. The same one that you've signed multiple contracts with, so you cheerleading for him is not surprising.

This is where it becomes perfectly clear that YOU have the problem, not me.
So now you are a qualified doctor because you watch tv? But in the interest of fairness, let's analyze my statement closer to see where I'm obviously wrong:
  • Does he have a vested financial interest? Yes. He is an officer of, the lead attorney for, and marketing vp for Phoenix Entertainment Partners. Hard to be any more "vested" than that.
  • Because of his financial interests, does he have bias against every person on this forum? Unless you are already a "controlled licensee," yes. Otherwise, he claims that 90% or more of us are pirates he wants to sue.
  • Have you signed multiple contracts with him? Yes.
  • Do you regularly defend and cheerlead on his behalf? Yes.

So, I don't quite understand why you seem to have such a problem with the statement and why you believe that I'm the one with a problem. There's nothing untrue or misleading in that statement, yet you claim I have a problem? I understand that the truth stings a little sometimes, but that's not a reason shoot the messenger.

chrisavis wrote:
YOU are the one that has maintained the high profile bashing of PEP.
YOU are the one that turns any mention of SC/PEP into a mudslinging match.
YOU have serious (unreasonable) problems with SC/PEP/Kurt/Harrington, not me.
I understand that it drives you crazy when I expose their crap, but you really need to go back through these threads carefully and notice how many points your heroes stay away from like a hot potato and ask yourself "why?" I'm not afraid to stand up to them and expose them for what they are, your mileage (for contractual reasons) may vary.

chrisavis wrote:
*I* am perfectly happy with the arrangement I have with SC/PEP.
Of course you are, you've been given a false sense of security in exchange for the checks you write and your defense of their every action and constant cheer leading on their behalf. They couldn't pay an employee as a shill to be as efficient as you are. I understand why your title at MicroSoft contained the word "evangelist." (look up the word: gullible)

chrisavis wrote:
I don't have an issue here. You do. Whatever the REAL reasons are for the stick you have up your (@$%&#!) about SC/PEP, it involves you......not me.
I'm surprised you'd even have any time to be concerned about anyone elses rear end since you spend so much of your time and effort kissing theirs.
chrisavis wrote:
Quit being a (@$%&#!), and own your own (@$%&#!) instead of flinging it around like a pissed off little monkey. Your problems are not our problems.
And now you're going to "tell me" what to do? Really?.... Try changing the channel if it upsets you so, you're a big boy, no need to step in front to be a human shield for them. But if you feel you need to do this to feel relevant or that they need your protection, then by all means carry on.

However, I find it quite telling that you'll sit there and criticize and berate me like a badly-behaving child who dropped his own Popsicle in the dirt but wants to blame it on me. This tirade of yours fails to dispel anything about your heroes, but instead is nothing more than one, long, single personal attack.

If you can't defend the facts because you have none, then you're left to do nothing but attack the person. And this post is a perfect example of one of your tantrums.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
@ Chip:

Being a DB KJ, I may be one of the exceptions to the rule, but I am listed as a Certified KJ in PEP's website, and:
1. I had had some form of an audit initiated with Brian, and I did not have to pay for it. I also did not have to place some type of marking/etching on my discs either.
2. I was not given any sort of contract to sign.

You are absolutely correct. And that process was done years ago.

1. But when you say "some form of an audit initiated with Brian" what does that mean? Did they physically look at your discs or just accept a photo of them? I don't believe they had a marking system back then did they?

2. I don't know that they had a contract to sign back then either other than a printed certificate you could hang on the wall. Do you have a "covenant not to sue" as well? If you don't then that pre-dated anything they do today and I doubt that you could get the same today without a fee, a contract and defacing your discs.

There were a number of others that are in the same boat as you that didn't sign a contract or pay a fee. From what I recall, it was a "freebie incentive" offered and a number of people (Mtnkaraoke, Steve Miller, Athena, Hal Kinney) took them up on it. Some others (like Skid Rowe), got a "free pass" without so much as a peek at his disc collection. But these numbers are very small.

You are one of the exceptions that's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It was done last year. I believe that all contracts you may be referring to were already in place, and, since I mentioned I did not have to mark my discs in any way, shape, or form, that would indicate this process was in place too. As for how it was conducted, it was approved for me to just show them pictures of my discs in their binders.

In answer to your question, no, I do not have a "Covenant not to Sue" piece of paper of a certificate. I am fine with that, as they are NOT after DB KJs. My goal was just to be listed on their website as a recognized KJ, and thus (hopefully) receive the same type of exposure that people like Chris receive (possibly getting hired for a gig at a place that I never even approached (which happened for Chris)), just because someone else was viewing their website and stumbled across my name.

I believe there is one other member here (on this forum) who is also just a DB KJ, and is listed as a Certified KJ on their site.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Hey....YOU said YOU were a programmer, not me. I know I am not a programmer. I write some code here and there, but I stop well short of lumping myself in with people that make a living writing code (you certainly don't). You aren't as skilled a programmer as you claim to be (lied about).
By your own admission, how could you possibly know? Oh, I get it... you downloaded some free progams... that's perfect!

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
And that one has a vested financial interest and bias against every single person on this forum. The same one that you've signed multiple contracts with, so you cheerleading for him is not surprising.

This is where it becomes perfectly clear that YOU have the problem, not me.
So now you are a qualified doctor because you watch tv? But in the interest of fairness, let's analyze my statement closer to see where I'm obviously wrong:
  • Does he have a vested financial interest? Yes. He is an officer of, the lead attorney for, and marketing vp for Phoenix Entertainment Partners. Hard to be any more "vested" than that.
  • Because of his financial interests, does he have bias against every person on this forum? Unless you are already a "controlled licensee," yes. Otherwise, he claims that 90% or more of us are pirates he wants to sue.
  • Have you signed multiple contracts with him? Yes.
  • Do you regularly defend and cheerlead on his behalf? Yes.

So, I don't quite understand why you seem to have such a problem with the statement and why you believe that I'm the one with a problem. There's nothing untrue or misleading in that statement, yet you claim I have a problem? I understand that the truth stings a little sometimes, but that's not a reason shoot the messenger.

chrisavis wrote:
YOU are the one that has maintained the high profile bashing of PEP.
YOU are the one that turns any mention of SC/PEP into a mudslinging match.
YOU have serious (unreasonable) problems with SC/PEP/Kurt/Harrington, not me.
I understand that it drives you crazy when I expose their crap, but you really need to go back through these threads carefully and notice how many points your heroes stay away from like a hot potato and ask yourself "why?" I'm not afraid to stand up to them and expose them for what they are, your mileage (for contractual reasons) may vary.

chrisavis wrote:
*I* am perfectly happy with the arrangement I have with SC/PEP.
Of course you are, you've been given a false sense of security in exchange for the checks you write and your defense of their every action and constant cheer leading on their behalf. They couldn't pay an employee as a shill to be as efficient as you are. I understand why your title at MicroSoft contained the word "evangelist." (look up the word: gullible)

chrisavis wrote:
I don't have an issue here. You do. Whatever the REAL reasons are for the stick you have up your (@$%&#!) about SC/PEP, it involves you......not me.
I'm surprised you'd even have any time to be concerned about anyone elses rear end since you spend so much of your time and effort kissing theirs.
chrisavis wrote:
Quit being a (@$%&#!), and own your own (@$%&#!) instead of flinging it around like a pissed off little monkey. Your problems are not our problems.
And now you're going to "tell me" what to do? Really?.... Try changing the channel if it upsets you so, you're a big boy, no need to step in front to be a human shield for them. But if you feel you need to do this to feel relevant or that they need your protection, then by all means carry on.

However, I find it quite telling that you'll sit there and criticize and berate me like a badly-behaving child who dropped his own Popsicle in the dirt but wants to blame it on me. This tirade of yours fails to dispel anything about your heroes, but instead is nothing more than one, long, single personal attack.

If you can't defend the facts because you have none, then you're left to do nothing but attack the person. And this post is a perfect example of one of your tantrums.

Wasn't defending anything at all. Just pointing out who has the problem here. You jumped right in and verified. Thank you.

Troll - 3
Chip - 0

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:28 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
To all following this thread.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Wasn't defending anything at all.
Do you really believe that you weren't or are you lying? Sure you were defending:
chrisavis wrote:
Your problems are not our problems.
But who exactly is "our?" Are you defending the world in general, only the other "controlled licensees" like yourself, or for your buddies at PEP? Perhaps you're referring only to yourself in the 3rd person? (I'd call that a "problem" alright.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Wasn't defending anything at all.
Do you really believe that you weren't or are you lying? Sure you were defending:
chrisavis wrote:
Your problems are not our problems.
But who exactly is "our?" Are you defending the world in general, only the other "controlled licensees" like yourself, or for your buddies at PEP? Perhaps you're referring only to yourself in the 3rd person? (I'd call that a "problem" alright.)

Whatever problems you want me (or others) to have, I (we) don't have them.

Troll - 4
Chip - 0

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
To all following this thread.....

OK.... Here's some true Colors for ya....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4