KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - SC Safe Harbor Question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
doowhatchulike wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
It amazes me how much this parallels the whole Trump campaign. Chip supporters are like Trump supporters...

So.....does that mean Harrington/PEP supporters would be like "Crooked Hillary" supporters??? lol/jk

Let's not start a lesser of two evils discussion :)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Every single person I have ever ever pointed here has gotten back to me with negative feedback. Specifically because of the SC BS. So I don't refer anyone here any longer. They want to talk about karaoke, not see a bunch of pseudo-legal bullshit from an opaque, bitter, wannabe lawyer.
Then DON'T point then to the Legal section!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

I my experience, you miss most of my points. Period.

Last edited by chrisavis on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I am still here, doing better than ever. *AND* there is absolutely no question about whether I am operating above board. He cannot say the same.
YES HE CAN!!!!! And anything you have to say further on that specific comment could be considered slander.

Are you representing, KJ's now?

btw......slander is spoken. Libel is written.

See what I mean about psedo-legal bullshit?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
*AND* there is absolutely no question about whether I am operating above board. He cannot say the same.

c. staley wrote:
Why can't I? What do you think makes you so "pure" and me so "tainted?" Because I'm not jumping to prove whatever it is you want proven, when you want it? That's your problem, not mine.

What makes you think that there is "no question" about you operating "above board?"
Who told you that? Harrington?

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
don't forget Chip...we know he is a host and has shows, YOU are the one who is too scared to allow anyone to know where a single one of your shows is. as far as can be proven, you are not nor have ever been a host.
you expect transparency but demand that none is asked of you.

Well, there is this. But like you, I know what I know about how I operate and don't HAVE to prove anything. I simply choose to be transparent to eliminate all doubt.

I even have the receipts from the Red Peters tracks that were used to prove false your watermarking claim.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
For the record, I believe he is a karaoke host with actual shows, and while I don't think he is under any obligation to prove it, I will admit that I'm puzzled as to why he wouldn't publicize his shows.
What makes you think I don't "publicize" my shows? That's pretty stupid blanket assumption.

If you want to talk about "transparency" then I'm wondering why I can't seem to find very much publicity on your SCE shows? There isn't squat on your website other than "coming soon"...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Chris is 100% above board...period.
don't forget Chip...we know he is a host and has shows, YOU are the one who is too scared to allow anyone to know where a single one of your shows is. as far as can be proven, you are not nor have ever been a host.
you expect transparency but demand that none is asked of you.
There is a difference here:
Avis is pretty active at tooting his own horn and he'll be happy to expound on that.

Yes. I do that. It's called marketing, promoting and advertising.

c. staley wrote:
I don't really care what he does (except when he helps pirates but justifies it -- and whitewashes it -- as "helping illegal hosts." )

Correction - "Helped" - and for context -

4 hosts that contacted me (not vice versa)
All within a short window 3-4 years ago
I don't believe I ever stated that none of them were pirates
I posted a couple of "where are they now" summaries in response to Chip's word vomit on this topic. They can be searched for.

c. staley wrote:
Other than that, I don't need to use the net -- or social media for that matter -- to stay plenty active where I work. Word of mouth has served my very well for almost 20 years.

Funny you say this because I just posted a query about this topic on FB. Public promotion isn't explicitly necessary, but you are also a very strong proponent, as I am, that our real job is to make money for the bar.

I simply can't reconcile NOT spending a few minutes adding shows to karaoke search engines. That's a one time and done deal. I spend about an hour a week (maybe 2-3 around special holidays) to work social media and check up on my hosts ads. I have done my due diligence to get MORE than just the local regulars in the door which has other long term lasting impact.

But let's forget the cost, time, effort and necessity. There isn't a single business book written that will suggest one NOT promote their business in some fashion EVEN if they are "plenty active". It's just good business. It's SMART business.

c. staley wrote:
And you're are right: I do demand transparency... from those I've sent money to.

Who have you sent money to? Do you still possess what you say you paid for and use? That 's the transparency I offer that you won't.

c. staley wrote:
Besides, InsaneKJ, WallOfSound and Athena have done their bit to "investigate" where I work and have posted it here.

I don't know where you work... of even if you do.... but I'm not about to question whether or not you work at all. Where, how often or even how much you are paid is really none of my business.

Oh come on now. You have taken a couple jabs at me about how much I charge vs what you charge. You are right, it's none of your business, but you pay attention.

c. staley wrote:
But I don't believe that I'd be giving away poster files, writing software, buying software, creating karaoke tracks, or even arguing with Harrington if I weren't or haven't been invested in this business for a number of years. There are a few people here who have been to my shows and or seen video from them.

The posters are a nice good will gesture that literally thousands of other KJ's, bars, singers, artists, etc have done. I do them to.

Some of the best software is written by pirates and hackers.

Lots of pirates make karaoke tracks.

You just like to argue and can't stand being wrong. I get it. I am the same way and so are a few others here. Just own it for what it is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
Technically we do know he was a host, or at least ran a karaoke company. There are public documents that talk about his application for a zoning exception for a panel truck full of 7 systems' worth of sound equipment that he had parked at his house. The truck was slightly taller than the limit for residential neighborhoods in his town, and the zoning board wouldn't grant him an exception. I read the whole minutes report, and frankly I thought they were wrong to deny the variance, since literally no one had complained and there were other commercial vehicles routinely parked in his neighborhood.
You mean this this giant truck, "full of 7 systems worth of sound equipment?" Yeah, that would be the one....

YOU said "giant truck". Harrington said "panel truck". YOU inflated it, not him.

How many other KJ's here have panel trucks? I have more systems that you and my largest vehicle will hold one system. Maybe 2 of my smallest systems.

You have to admit that having or even requiring any vehicle that will carry 7 karaoke systems puts you in small percentage of karaoke hosts overall.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:
In my experience, you miss most of my points. Period.

Oh... were you making a point??????????? Keep in mind, you have also contributed to what you have just referred to as the "SC BS" (in your little "War of the Worlds" between you and Chip).

Last edited by Cueball on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:56 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
His response to me is proof of his seething hatred for me.

I didn't criticize his truck.

I didn't say he might not be a host.

I even said I thought he got jobbed by the city on that deal with the truck.

I took his side and he still took the opportunity to go negative against me.

I call them like I see them. If he's right about something, I say so. If he's wrong, I say so. I don't have any personal opinions about him. I've never met the guy, so how could I? But this is what I get from him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:
cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I am still here, doing better than ever. *AND* there is absolutely no question about whether I am operating above board. He cannot say the same.
YES HE CAN!!!!! And anything you have to say further on that specific comment could be considered slander.

Regarding the word Slander, I stand corrected. As for who I am representing, who said I was representing anyone. I made a statement, nothing more. You can take that statement and do with it whatever your heart desires.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
In my experience, you miss most of my points. Period.

Oh... were you making a point??????????? Keep in mind, you have also contributed to what you have just referred to as the "SC BS" (in your little "War of the Worlds" between you and Chip).

To be fair, Chip spouts SC BS. I simply counter it on occasion and a lot less frequently these days.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Regarding the word Slander, I stand corrected. As for who I am representing, who said I was representing anyone. I made a statement, nothing more. You can take that statement and do with it whatever your heart desires.

Your statement could be interpreted as a threat by some. I don't because I know where stand on this.......and......

Attachment:
Stop.jpg
Stop.jpg [ 15.93 KiB | Viewed 25817 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
His response to me is proof of his seething hatred for me.

I didn't criticize his truck.
Uh, you didn't seem to have a problem insinuating all these years that I had the truck for some neferious reason and here are a few examples YOU posted, with YOUR words:
--------------------------------------
JimHarrington wrote:
Well, sort of. On the plus side, you don't need that big truck anymore!
JimHarrington wrote:
But let's go back a few years, to when you were running so many systems you needed a large truck to haul around the equipment.
A "large" truck?
JimHarrington wrote:
There is also nothing in this video that mentions media-shifting tracks from your SC discs and using them, for example, to run so much equipment simultaneously that you need a zoning variance for the truck you use to haul it around, either, so I guess maybe it wasn't meant to cover all situations.
You might as well claimed it was a tractor-trailer. So you don't have a problem insinuating facts for which you don't have, or even have a clue what the truth is.
Are you going to be able to move 7 systems around in a minivan?, a PT-Cruiser?.... I don't think so... That I ran several systems has never been a secret, but you want to keep making it sound like it has been..... because if you can't find real facts, you'll just make them up and hope that there will be someone that will believe you. In the meantime, you whine like you're the victim of some "seething hatred?" Really?

And I'm sure you carefully read the all minutes of both of the zoning hearings hoping to glean some kind of foothold to file a suit - or you wouldn't have bothered to read them in the first place.
----------------------------------
JimHarrington wrote:
I didn't say he might not be a host.

I even said I thought he got jobbed by the city on that deal with the truck.

I took his side and he still took the opportunity to go negative against me.
Crocodile tears coming from the same attorney that claimed he'd sue me "on general principle." Still playing the victim?

JimHarrington wrote:
I call them like I see them. If he's right about something, I say so. If he's wrong, I say so. I don't have any personal opinions about him. I've never met the guy, so how could I? But this is what I get from him.
More crocodile tears... You want some cheese with that whine?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

c. staley wrote:
Uh, you didn't seem to have a problem insinuating all these years that I had the truck for some neferious reason

I don't think you had the truck for a nefarious reason. I think you had the truck so you could deliver a bunch of karaoke systems to various locations more conveniently.

The only thing that would make that nefarious is if you were multi-rigging without being 1:1. I have no idea whether you were or not.

c. staley wrote:
You might as well claimed it was a tractor-trailer. So you don't have a problem insinuating facts for which you don't have, or even have a clue what the truth is.

I still haven't seen what facts I've insinuated. You had a truck that could, under the circumstances, be described as "large." It's certainly larger than a pickup truck, a large SUV, or a panel van.

c. staley wrote:
Are you going to be able to move 7 systems around in a minivan?, a PT-Cruiser?.... I don't think so... That I ran several systems has never been a secret, but you want to keep making it sound like it has been.....

I've done nothing of the sort. But you are very guarded when talking about your operations. For example, you asked "Are you going to be able to move 7 systems around in a minivan?" but when you described your actual operations, you modified that to the indefinite "several." You've very carefully refused to admit that you did, indeed, have 7 systems at that time. And that's fine, because, as you pointed out, you are under no obligation to talk about your operations at all.

c. staley wrote:
because if you can't find real facts, you'll just make them up and hope that there will be someone that will believe you.

This is exactly what you do. I don't make up facts.

c. staley wrote:
In the meantime, you whine like you're the victim of some "seething hatred?" Really?

You seem to be confused. The victim of your seething hatred is you, not me. I welcome your hatred.

c. staley wrote:
And I'm sure you carefully read the all minutes of both of the zoning hearings hoping to glean some kind of foothold to file a suit - or you wouldn't have bothered to read them in the first place.

I carefully read the minutes because I wanted to understand more about you, to understand why you would hate us so much. That particular fact about 7 systems, given in an unguarded moment, made things very clear to me.

c. staley wrote:
Crocodile tears coming from the same attorney that claimed he'd sue me "on general principle." Still playing the victim?

I'm not in any way your victim, nor am I crying about it.

On the other hand, I do want people to understand and judge your credibility when you launch attacks on me and on Phoenix. The problem isn't that your attacks have any merit, because they don't. It's that people might read them and believe them, not knowing what you and I know about why you attack us. What I say here is not for your benefit, nor for the sake of argument, nor for "winning," but for people who don't have enough background information to understand that the things you say about us are colored by--yes--a seething hatred for us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Avis is pretty active at tooting his own horn and he'll be happy to expound on that.
Tip: you're not "marketing" anything to KJ's in this forum, you simply like to talk... about you.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
I don't really care what he does (except when he helps pirates but justifies it -- and whitewashes it -- as "helping illegal hosts." )

I posted a couple of "where are they now" summaries in response to Chip's word vomit on this topic. They can be searched for.
Exactly. Nice of you to finally stop denying and start admitting that you "helped pirates" that contacted you.... So, you support PEP -- who has been sued for piracy -- and you helped pirates.... and let's recap: which one of us is a "pirate supporter?"....

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Other than that, I don't need to use the net -- or social media for that matter -- to stay plenty active where I work. Word of mouth has served my very well for almost 20 years.

Funny you say this because I just posted a query about this topic on FB. Public promotion isn't explicitly necessary, but you are also a very strong proponent, as I am, that our real job is to make money for the bar.
And you are saying this because??? There has never been a doubt that the "real job" is to make money for the bar... And that doesn't matter whether or not I advertise on the net or not AS LONG AS I make money for the bar.

chrisavis wrote:
I simply can't reconcile NOT spending a few minutes adding shows to karaoke search engines. That's a one time and done deal. I spend about an hour a week (maybe 2-3 around special holidays) to work social media and check up on my hosts ads. I have done my due diligence to get MORE than just the local regulars in the door which has other long term lasting impact.
So? Your failure to "reconcile" is your problem and not a problem for others.

chrisavis wrote:
But let's forget the cost, time, effort and necessity. There isn't a single business book written that will suggest one NOT promote their business in some fashion EVEN if they are "plenty active". It's just good business. It's SMART business.
If I'm already as busy as I care to be, why would I do this? Why would any business actively market for more business than they can handle? That would have a negative effect of turning down business you don't want anyway. I'm satisfied that I have as much business as I want, period.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
And you're are right: I do demand transparency... from those I've sent money to.

Who have you sent money to? Do you still possess what you say you paid for and use? That 's the transparency I offer that you won't.
I don't give a sh** what you "offer" and if you want "transparency" then send me money and we'll talk about it. I don't have to prove squat to you, no matter how much you whine about it, especially free.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Besides, InsaneKJ, WallOfSound and Athena have done their bit to "investigate" where I work and have posted it here.

I don't know where you work... of even if you do.... but I'm not about to question whether or not you work at all. Where, how often or even how much you are paid is really none of my business.

Oh come on now. You have taken a couple jabs at me about how much I charge vs what you charge. You are right, it's none of your business, but you pay attention.
I don't believe the above comment was even in response to you, it was to Paradigm Karaoke. Paradigm doesn't spout what he makes or doesn't make and it's still none of my business. What you get and pay your hosts is your business - you shared that and no one else. If you hang your a$$ on the fence, expect it to get slapped.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
I don't think you had the truck for a nefarious reason. I think you had the truck so you could deliver a bunch of karaoke systems to various locations more conveniently.
The only thing that would make that nefarious is if you were multi-rigging without being 1:1. I have no idea whether you were or not.
And that's another insinuation... I have to give you credit for being consistent. Incorrect and uninformed, but consistent.
JimHarrington wrote:
I still haven't seen what facts I've insinuated. You had a truck that could, under the circumstances, be described as "large." It's certainly larger than a pickup truck, a large SUV, or a panel van.
Backpaddle, backpaddle, backpaddle. With a 6-cylinder motor, it's hardly larger than a typical service van. As a matter of fact, it is the EXACT same length and width as an Econoline van. It's just slightly taller, but not as tall as a typical "Sprinter" van from GM. Nice try though.
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Are you going to be able to move 7 systems around in a minivan?, a PT-Cruiser?.... I don't think so... That I ran several systems has never been a secret, but you want to keep making it sound like it has been.....

I've done nothing of the sort. But you are very guarded when talking about your operations. For example, you asked "Are you going to be able to move 7 systems around in a minivan?" but when you described your actual operations, you modified that to the indefinite "several." You've very carefully refused to admit that you did, indeed, have 7 systems at that time. And that's fine, because, as you pointed out, you are under no obligation to talk about your operations at all.
Nice try counsel. You are fully aware that it is posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service. It's not a secret, it never has been a secret, nor has it ever been "indefinite." So your statement that I've "very carefully refused to admit that you did, indeed, have 7 systems at that time" is nothing more than another underhanded mischaracterization on your part.

It's quite interesting that you are desperately curious to know more about my "operations" but also admit that I'm under no obligation to tell you anything about my private business.
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:
because if you can't find real facts, you'll just make them up and hope that there will be someone that will believe you.
This is exactly what you do. I don't make up facts.
Sure you do. You've accused me of instigating the EMI lawsuit against you, you've accused me of "helping defendants" to the point of asking if I was paid by them...

Yeah, you make up facts alright.

JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:
In the meantime, you whine like you're the victim of some "seething hatred?" Really?
You seem to be confused. The victim of your seething hatred is you, not me. I welcome your hatred.
Unfortunately for you, I'm not confused at all. And you are the one confusing "hatred" for calling you out on your actions. And I'm sure you really hate that.
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:
I carefully read the minutes because I wanted to understand more about you, to understand why you would hate us so much. That particular fact about 7 systems, given in an unguarded moment, made things very clear to me.
"...given in an unguarded moment?" What a crock! Let me get my waders....

JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I'm not in any way your victim, nor am I crying about it.
Sure you are. You whine constantly that "he hates us"... whine, whine, whine... And that usually shows up when I call you out on your own words.
JimHarrington wrote:
On the other hand, I do want people to understand and judge your credibility when you launch attacks on me and on Phoenix. The problem isn't that your attacks have any merit, because they don't. It's that people might read them and believe them, not knowing what you and I know about why you attack us. What I say here is not for your benefit, nor for the sake of argument, nor for "winning," but for people who don't have enough background information to understand that the things you say about us are colored by--yes--a seething hatred for us.
Another whining "he hates us" along with an insinuation? Care to explain fully to all the readers here exactly what " knowing what you and I know about why you attack us" really means? Tell us what facts you know.... or better yet, what you like others to believe.

I find it laughable that you keep trying to point some kind of mysterious accusing finger at me -- and you've done it for years and you're still doing it -- but when it comes to the difference between your "operations" and mine, your company is the one has been sued for piracy (infringement) repeatedly over the years and settled right? You buy trademarks for the sole purpose of suing KJ's and venues?

And I'm the bad guy here? Really?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

c. staley wrote:

JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:

Nice try counsel. You are fully aware that it is posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service. It's not a secret, it never has been a secret, nor has it ever been "indefinite." So your statement that I've "very carefully refused to admit that you did, indeed, have 7 systems at that time" is nothing more than another underhanded mischaracterization on your part.

I don't believe it's a mischaracterization, because you just did it again. It's a very weird way of putting it.

"You are fully aware that it is posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service."

This appears to be a very carefully worded statement.

You could have said:

"You are fully aware that I posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service."

Or you could have said:

"You are fully aware that [someone else] posted on these very forum that I had 7 systems in service, and that was true."

But you chose, instead, a very awkward wording that leaves it ambiguous as to who said it. It's entirely possible that it was inadvertent, and you can easily clear that up by making an unequivocal declaration that you had 7 systems in service. But it looks for all the world like you are trying to give the impression that you had 7 systems without actually admitting to it.

c. staley wrote:
Sure you do. You've accused me of instigating the EMI lawsuit against you,

It's true--I do think you made an effort to encourage EMI's outside counsel to initiate a lawsuit against us, based on two facts. The first one is that you made a public statement that you were contacting publishers about our licensing, several months before the lawsuit was filed. The second one is that EMI's outside counsel said as much to me in a phone call shortly after the lawsuit was filed.

c. staley wrote:

you've accused me of "helping defendants" to the point of asking if I was paid by them...

I have accused you of helping defendants, which is objectively true.

I don't recall having asked you if you were being paid by defendants, but it's possible. Even if I did ask you that, I fail to see how asking a direct question amounts to "making up facts."

I did recently ask you if you gave money to Kevin Cable, so maybe you misunderstood me.

c. staley wrote:

Care to explain fully to all the readers here exactly what " knowing what you and I know about why you attack us" really means? Tell us what facts you know.... or better yet, what you like others to believe.

Sure, let's lay out the facts.

(1) You had 7 systems in operation, necessitating the use of a commercial truck to haul the equipment to various shows.
(2) You became aware that we were suing operators for multi-rigging with an inadequate supply of SC discs to back up their operations.
(3) Your operation became substantially smaller.
(4) You began a vocal campaign against our litigation program, which included the removal of all SC from your karaoke systems as well as the placement of a sign announcing a policy that you would not play our tracks, and you began encouraging other operators to remove SC from their systems.

It seems to me that these four facts could be causally related. If I were running multiple systems from a single set of discs, and I learned that somebody was suing over that activity, I would probably cut my operations back to the level I could justify with my existing holdings.

Of course, you live in an area that has seen its share of economic problems, so it's entirely possible that you cut back on your systems because there just wasn't enough demand for your services at a profitable price.

Or maybe you weren't making enough money to justify the work you were having to put into the business, so you cut back to be able to do something else that was more profitable.

But neither of those two options would explain why you are so angry with us, why you resent our litigation program with such fury, or why you cheer when negative things happen to us.

If I've got something wrong, point it out. Give us your perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I don't believe it's a mischaracterization, because you just did it again. It's a very weird way of putting it.
"You are fully aware that it is posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service."
This appears to be a very carefully worded statement.
You could have said:
"You are fully aware that I posted on these very forums that I had 7 systems in service."
Or you could have said:
"You are fully aware that [someone else] posted on these very forum that I had 7 systems in service, and that was true."
Anyone allowed on these forums (over the age of 13) can use the search function to find out who posted what -- apparently you cannot.
JimHarrington wrote:
But you chose, instead, a very awkward wording that leaves it ambiguous as to who said it. It's entirely possible that it was inadvertent, and you can easily clear that up by making an unequivocal declaration that you had 7 systems in service. But it looks for all the world like you are trying to give the impression that you had 7 systems without actually admitting to it.
Actually, I think you're having a comprehension/memory problem and I don't know how that can happen since you seem to be able to recall the details of the city ordinance hearing.. But now you're somewhat confused and believe I've used "awkward wording?" Really? How convenient of you. I would think if there was a poll over whether the wording was ambiguous or not, other than your controlled licensee Avis and yourself, I'd bet that everyone else here knew exactly what I meant.
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Sure you do. You've accused me of instigating the EMI lawsuit against you,

It's true--I do think you made an effort to encourage EMI's outside counsel to initiate a lawsuit against us, based on two facts. The first one is that you made a public statement that you were contacting publishers about our licensing, several months before the lawsuit was filed. The second one is that EMI's outside counsel said as much to me in a phone call shortly after the lawsuit was filed.
Make up your mind. Either "it's true" as you state above, OR you only "think you made an effort." But just because you thought of something won't make it true.. not even now. But if it is as "true" you stated it, substantiate your truth and you can't because you are flat-out LYING (again). But I do find it interesting that you suggest KJ's make sure that they have all the permissions they need to perform publicly, but then act like it's somehow wrong to actually do that. Hmmm..
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:

you've accused me of "helping defendants" to the point of asking how much I was paid by them...

I have accused you of helping defendants, which is objectively true.
If you are talking about the time I spent on the phone with Rodney Burge -- when you wrongfully sued him -- and he called me concerned about it, then yes, you'd be correct. But anything beyond that, including getting paid by defendants, is another lie. By the way, I've known Rodney since the 90's on J.O.L.T. Ask him if you think that's a lie... or ask Lonnie.
JimHarrington wrote:
I don't recall having asked you if you were being paid by defendants, but it's possible. Even if I did ask you that, I fail to see how asking a direct question amounts to "making up facts."
You didn't ask it as a question you stated it as a fact not asking if I was paid, but asking how much I was paid.
JimHarrington wrote:
I did recently ask you if you gave money to Kevin Cable, so maybe you misunderstood me.
No, you asked me how much I sent, not IF I sent anything.
JimHarrington wrote:
c. staley wrote:

Care to explain fully to all the readers here exactly what " knowing what you and I know about why you attack us" really means? Tell us what facts you know.... or better yet, what you like others to believe.

Sure, let's lay out the facts.
(1) You had 7 systems in operation, necessitating the use of a commercial truck to haul the equipment to various shows.
(1) Just because a person has 7 systems doesn't mean that there is anything illegal going on. Just like Chris Avis. However, if you would have checked the sales records from Sound Choice before all this vocal vomiting, you would have found invoices for 7 of the same $50 custom discs. Now why would I have purchased the same custom disc SEVEN TIMES?.... Hmmm looks suspicious to me.
JimHarrington wrote:
(2) You became aware that we were suing operators for multi-rigging with an inadequate supply of SC discs to back up their operations.
(2) How does this mean anything at all, unless you're just throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks....
JimHarrington wrote:
(3) Your operation became substantially smaller.
(3) My reduction of operations had nothing to do with you, but you'd like it to. But feel free to check with your cheerleaders that we sold discs to...
JimHarrington wrote:
(4) You began a vocal campaign against our litigation program, which included the removal of all SC from your karaoke systems as well as the placement of a sign announcing a policy that you would not play our tracks, and you began encouraging other operators to remove SC from their systems.

(4) Wrong. I began that "vocal campaign" ELEVEN YEARS EARLIER in 1998 on the J.O.L.T. forum right in Kurt's face accusing him wanting "court appointed profits." But I wouldn't expect you to know this since it was a decade before you arrived.
JimHarrington wrote:
It seems to me that these four facts could be causally related. If I were running multiple systems from a single set of discs, and I learned that somebody was suing over that activity, I would probably cut my operations back to the level I could justify with my existing holdings.
Because you'd probably be doing that illegally. And we all know that I'm not you.
JimHarrington wrote:
Of course, you live in an area that has seen its share of economic problems, so it's entirely possible that you cut back on your systems because there just wasn't enough demand for your services at a profitable price.
"Entirely possible?" Speculation counsel?
JimHarrington wrote:
Or maybe you weren't making enough money to justify the work you were having to put into the business, so you cut back to be able to do something else that was more profitable.
Or "maybe" the moon is made of cheese.
JimHarrington wrote:
But neither of those two options would explain why you are so angry with us, why you resent our litigation program with such fury, or why you cheer when negative things happen to us.
Neither of those option would explain anything because you're just grasping at straws... again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Tip: you're not "marketing" anything to KJ's in this forum, you simply like to talk... about you.

Self-promotion is marketing. You really should take my advice about business and marketing classes.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

Exactly. Nice of you to finally stop denying and start admitting that you "helped pirates" that contacted you.... So, you support PEP -- who has been sued for piracy -- and you helped pirates.... and let's recap: which one of us is a "pirate supporter?"....

You glossed over "I don't believe I ever stated that none of them were pirates"
So you could say 'Nice of you to finally stop denying and start admitting that you "helped pirates" that contacted you'.

I never denied it. You just didn’t like my wording. I will let you go find the quotes to prove otherwise.

Furthermore…..What is so wrong about a pirate going clean? Especially if it is their own choice?

I think it shows a particular coldness in anyone's character to refuse to accept that someone can change (I still hold out hope for you).

Btw…..You are the only person that gave/gives me any real grief about that. If you think that or anything you say has any impact on me…well…..I have called you a narcissist in the past. I stand by that.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

And you are saying this because??? There has never been a doubt that the "real job" is to make money for the bar... And that doesn't matter whether or not I advertise on the net or not AS LONG AS I make money for the bar.

Dance all you want. You have no valid reason for not leveraging the net.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
So? Your failure to "reconcile" is your problem and not a problem for others.

I misspoke. I reconciled it a long while back.
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
If I'm already as busy as I care to be, why would I do this? Why would any business actively market for more business than they can handle? That would have a negative effect of turning down business you don't want anyway. I'm satisfied that I have as much business as I want, period.

You have enough business? Or enough patrons? There can’t be too many of the latter so long as they are paying.
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I don't give a sh** what you "offer" and if you want "transparency" then send me money and we'll talk about it. I don't have to prove squat to you, no matter how much you whine about it, especially free.

Do you continue to ask me for money because you know I have it and you need it?

We agree – you don’t have to prove (@$%&#!). But until you do, you can’t be trusted. If you can’t be trusted, your words have no value.
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I don't believe the above comment was even in response to you, it was to Paradigm Karaoke. Paradigm doesn't spout what he makes or doesn't make and it's still none of my business. What you get and pay your hosts is your business - you shared that and no one else. If you hang your a$$ on the fence, expect it to get slapped.

The very definition of "bluster"

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Spent less money than you have by far. :)

-Chris

And you make less too... so it evens out...

You have wanted this to be a competition since the beginning.

I have the advantage of time and technology, better tools, better efficiency, and IMO, better business sense. You can't really compete against that.

Well.....there are ways, but you say you don't operate that way (see the trust thing above).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

[/quote](1) Just because a person has 7 systems doesn't mean that there is anything illegal going on. Just like Chris Avis.[/quote]

Except that I removed all doubt by proving I operate above board. You never have.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next