KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - SC Safe Harbor Question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
chrisavis wrote:
What cheerleaders? They are all gone! I am certainly not one even though you and others will likely disagree.
Perhaps you should look at exactly why they are "all gone." Where did they go? We haven't heard from WallOfSound, InsaneKJ, Athena, Steve Miller, Skid Rowe and hardly a peep even from Hal Kinney...

There has to be a reason that they've all apparently abandoned ship.... and it certainly can't be my fault... I was banned for 3 years remember?

chrisavis wrote:
I don't disagree with 100% of Chip's comments. The ones that are bullshit, I call him on though. Unfortunately, it's a lot.
Whatever. Wah! Wah!

chrisavis wrote:
It amazes me how much this parallels the whole Trump campaign. Chip supporters are like Trump supporters - they blindly believe anything Chip says. When Chip is caught in a blatant lie (which I have done) it gets glossed over. Chip is about as transparent as Trump too. Jim has been pretty forthcoming. Jim doesn't have to be here and I am amazed he has stuck around this long.
Really? You want to turn this thread into your liberal-flavored political speech? I would disagree that "Jim has been pretty forthcoming" at all. His explanation above of the meaning of words that don't even get close to the contract language is a perfect example. Forthcoming? His admission that after taking your money.. and waiting a few months.... and then making you ask for a refund, that the real intent of taking your money in the first place was to "gauge market interest" is about as UNforthcoming as you can get. But you'll gladly make excuses for him.

chrisavis wrote:
But I get where Chip and his cronies are coming from. It's easy to beat up on SC by framing them as he big bad bully. Few like their methodology and most (including myself) would like them to come up with a better way to enforce and monitor their IP. Besides. Jim is a lawyer. No one likes lawyers. Every single one of them has a bulls eye painted on them.
(A) they are the "big bad bully" but one that seems to be shrinking with each court ruling against them.
(B) "No one likes lawyers" is a bit of a wide brush because there are plenty of lawyers that people like. Usually however, they are not the "ambulance chasers" or "patent/copyright/trademark troll" kind of lawyers. You tell me which of those categories they fit comfortably in.

chrisavis wrote:
So you really should put Chip on a shorter pedestal because he is taking the easy path here (just like everyone else beating up on SC).
Because your heroes have been busted and settled numerous times on infringement, it's pretty easy to see their own hypocrisy. Except you either can't or more likely refuse to.
chrisavis wrote:
Frankly, I like my position better. I support SC, I use their products, and my success runs counter to all of the gloom and doom Chip has been spouting for the last 5 years. He predicted I would fail (with or without SC). I am still here, doing better than ever.
Please quote the "predictions" that you're talking about...
chrisavis wrote:
*AND* there is absolutely no question about whether I am operating above board. He cannot say the same.
Why can't I? What do you think makes you so "pure" and me so "tainted?" Because I'm not jumping to prove whatever it is you want proven, when you want it? That's your problem, not mine.

What makes you think that there is "no question" about you operating "above board?"
Who told you that? Harrington?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:15 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Steve Miller died I believe.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
JimHarrington wrote:
The reason why people who express an anti-SC viewpoint get labeled "pirate sympathizer" is because it's an objectively true assertion.

so we either stand behind and support Jim Harrington or we are the enemy? we are the bad guys? thats pretty low.

JimHarrington wrote:
How many of you cheered on Kevin Cable? How many gave money to him to fight against us? How many came in here and gave us grief for going after him?

how many stood behind you when you got sued by EMI? or any of the other times SC got sued for copyright infringement (piracy) and SC paid? if those tat supported Kevin Cable are pirate sympathizers, anyone who supported SC are also pirate sympathizers.

JimHarrington wrote:
The man is a straight-up pirate. Whether he gets called to account for it in court is up in the air, but there really isn't any disputing the fact that he pirated 80% of his SC tracks.

though this has been said about all of the ones that have been sued...

JimHarrington wrote:
So spare me the "poor me" attitude. Support us, or not--it's up to you--but when you make your choice, don't complain that people call you what you are.

but when SC was called pirates for numerous counts of piracy and six digit payouts as punishment for that piracy, what does that make the SC supporters?

it goes both ways, pot....meet kettle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
chrisavis wrote:
What cheerleaders? They are all gone! I am certainly not one even though you and others will likely disagree.
Perhaps you should look at exactly why they are "all gone." Where did they go? We haven't heard from WallOfSound, InsaneKJ, Athena, Steve Miller, Skid Rowe and hardly a peep even from Hal Kinney...[/quote]
they went to another forum...that is now dead. all the same thinkers does not make for a busy forum.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Frankly, I like my position better. I support SC, I use their products, and my success runs counter to all of the gloom and doom Chip has been spouting for the last 5 years. He predicted I would fail (with or without SC). I am still here, doing better than ever.
Please quote the "predictions" that you're talking about...
chrisavis wrote:
*AND* there is absolutely no question about whether I am operating above board. He cannot say the same.
Why can't I? What do you think makes you so "pure" and me so "tainted?" Because I'm not jumping to prove whatever it is you want proven, when you want it? That's your problem, not mine.

What makes you think that there is "no question" about you operating "above board?"
Who told you that? Harrington?

Chris is 100% above board...period.
don't forget Chip...we know he is a host and has shows, YOU are the one who is too scared to allow anyone to know where a single one of your shows is. as far as can be proven, you are not nor have ever been a host.
you expect transparency but demand that none is asked of you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
JimHarrington wrote:
I posted his entire unedited response to our interrogatories that dealt with his holdings of tracks and discs. There is no larger portion of his response that makes him sound less like the pirate he is.

His hard drive contained five times as many SC tracks as he had discs for. What additional facts could exist that would make that not piracy?
I was informed (by the source) that more was stated in his Discovery reply. I am not at liberty to comment further on that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Then maybe your source can come here and show us. Your source is making the assertion so it is up to him or her to prove it.

Chip is like a Killary supporter. They think if they say it loud and long enough that it will be true. The Left, ya gotta love 'em. They'll believe anything that liar and thief will tell them.

Last edited by timberlea on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
The reason why people who express an anti-SC viewpoint get labeled "pirate sympathizer" is because it's an objectively true assertion.

so we either stand behind and support Jim Harrington or we are the enemy? we are the bad guys? thats pretty low.

We are "Karaoke Deplorables" :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
don't forget Chip...we know he is a host and has shows, YOU are the one who is too scared to allow anyone to know where a single one of your shows is. as far as can be proven, you are not nor have ever been a host.

Technically we do know he was a host, or at least ran a karaoke company. There are public documents that talk about his application for a zoning exception for a panel truck full of 7 systems' worth of sound equipment that he had parked at his house. The truck was slightly taller than the limit for residential neighborhoods in his town, and the zoning board wouldn't grant him an exception. I read the whole minutes report, and frankly I thought they were wrong to deny the variance, since literally no one had complained and there were other commercial vehicles routinely parked in his neighborhood.

For the record, I believe he is a karaoke host with actual shows, and while I don't think he is under any obligation to prove it, I will admit that I'm puzzled as to why he wouldn't publicize his shows.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
There is a difference here:
Avis is pretty active at tooting his own horn and he'll be happy to expound on that. I don't really care what he does (except when he helps pirates but justifies it -- and whitewashes it -- as "helping illegal hosts." ) Other than that, I don't need to use the net -- or social media for that matter -- to stay plenty active where I work. Word of mouth has served my very well for almost 20 years.

And you're are right: I do demand transparency... from those I've sent money to.

Besides, InsaneKJ, WallOfSound and Athena have done their bit to "investigate" where I work and have posted it here.

I don't know where you work... of even if you do.... but I'm not about to question whether or not you work at all. Where, how often or even how much you are paid is really none of my business. But I don't believe that I'd be giving away poster files, writing software, buying software, creating karaoke tracks, or even arguing with Harrington if I weren't or haven't been invested in this business for a number of years. There are a few people here who have been to my shows and or seen video from them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
Technically we do know he was a host, or at least ran a karaoke company. There are public documents that talk about his application for a zoning exception for a panel truck full of 7 systems' worth of sound equipment that he had parked at his house. The truck was slightly taller than the limit for residential neighborhoods in his town, and the zoning board wouldn't grant him an exception. I read the whole minutes report, and frankly I thought they were wrong to deny the variance, since literally no one had complained and there were other commercial vehicles routinely parked in his neighborhood.
You mean this this giant truck, "full of 7 systems worth of sound equipment?" Yeah, that would be the one....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Gee!!!! Now THAT'S funny!!! ESPECIALLY considering the fact that not only did I have the great pleasure of meeting Chip and birdofsong, but I attended more than 1 of their shows (at different locations) when I visited them for a week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:

Yes... recently (a few months ago).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:20 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
mrmarog wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:

We are "Karaoke Deplorables" :D

Oh! I'm sorry ...... Maybe only 50% of us are deplorable. I'm sorry if I offended anyone :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
cueball wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Ok...gave you music folks some time to catch this gaff:

Steve Miller is alive and well. Now, there was a hoax perpetrated a few weeks ago, but a lot of celebrities get hoaxes started every day. Also, the founding member of the Steve Miller Band, Lonnie Turner, died in April, shortly after their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (along with Chicago--two of my favorite bands that I have seen multiple times over the decades!)...

Speculation in areas of uncertainty is one thing; making an inaccurate statement of belief, and then getting a misguided affirmation, about a concrete fact easily verifiable in the height of the Information Age, is another...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
This isn't a joke.

Stephen M Miller was a member of this forum and a long-time KJ in the Charlottesville, VA area. He was a friend to several of the people here who met him and worked with him over the years.

Back in July, several of his family/friends/karaoke people set up a benefit for him as he'd been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I never saw any info regarding his death and his facebook page has nothing but poker app posts for the last few months.

Can anyone point to an obituary or any other info?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just found a prior reference to past forum member, and because it it was not quoted in the consequent reference, I trust that everyone can understand why it was concluded that it was referencing a Steve Miller that is a known figure. The surrounding general circumstances are eerily similar. Any perceived offense was completely unintentional...

Last edited by doowhatchulike on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
c. staley wrote:
... Where did they go? We haven't heard from WallOfSound, InsaneKJ, Athena, Steve Miller, Skid Rowe and hardly a peep even from Hal Kinney...

and then Lonman's response...

I want to make it clear that no offense was taken.

I simply wanted to indicate that it was not a "gaff" or a joke.

I realized that you hadn't seen the reference (quoted above).

Yes, your misunderstanding is understood. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
cueball wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Gee!!!! Now THAT'S funny!!! ESPECIALLY considering the fact that not only did I have the great pleasure of meeting Chip and birdofsong, but I attended more than 1 of their shows (at different locations) when I visited them for a week.

We had a really great time with you Cueball. You're welcome back anytime.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

doowhatchulike wrote:
cueball wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Ok...gave you music folks some time to catch this gaff:

Steve Miller is alive and well. Now, there was a hoax perpetrated a few weeks ago, but a lot of celebrities get hoaxes started every day. Also, the founding member of the Steve Miller Band, Lonnie Turner, died in April, shortly after their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (along with Chicago--two of my favorite bands that I have seen multiple times over the decades!)...

Speculation in areas of uncertainty is one thing; making an inaccurate statement of belief, and then getting a misguided affirmation, about a concrete fact easily verifiable in the height of the Information Age, is another...

As already pointed out to you (by others), the Steve Miller being referred to is NOT "The Steve Miller Band." It was a member of both this forum and the (now defunct) JOLT Forum who was named Steve Miller of Thunder Karaoke. Here is one of the articles discussing him:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/32409248/cvi ... -of-cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Already corrected before above post...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next