KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - SC Safe Harbor Question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
chrisavis wrote:
Self-promotion is marketing. You really should take my advice about business and marketing classes.
The point is that you don't need to market in this forum... there are no potential customers for you here so the only thing you're doing here is bragging.

chrisavis wrote:
You glossed over "I don't believe I ever stated that none of them were pirates"
So you could say 'Nice of you to finally stop denying and start admitting that you "helped pirates" that contacted you'.

I never denied it. You just didn’t like my wording. I will let you go find the quotes to prove otherwise.
You simply whitewashed "pirate" with "illegal host" to make it sound less distasteful and more palatable. Why don't you just call them "undocumented help licensees?"
chrisavis wrote:
Furthermore…..What is so wrong about a pirate going clean? Especially if it is their own choice?
Because while you're busy helping a pirate keep his gigs so you can sell them your leftover discs, you're screwing the legitimate host who can't get the jobs you're blocking them from. So don't act like you do anything to better "the industry" because you are like your heroes: you'll screw anyone as long as you can further yourself and whitewash it along the way.
chrisavis wrote:
I think it shows a particular coldness in anyone's character to refuse to accept that someone can change (I still hold out hope for you).
Start holding your breath... please.
chrisavis wrote:
Btw…..You are the only person that gave/gives me any real grief about that. If you think that or anything you say has any impact on me…well…..I have called you a narcissist in the past. I stand by that.
Because you simply talk out of both sides of your mouth.
chrisavis wrote:
You have enough business? Or enough patrons? There can’t be too many of the latter so long as they are paying.
Sure there can be. Ask any fire marshal.
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
I don't give a sh** what you "offer" and if you want "transparency" then send me money and we'll talk about it. I don't have to prove squat to you, no matter how much you whine about it, especially free.

Do you continue to ask me for money because you know I have it and you need it?
Not at all. It's because access to my privacy isn't free. I doubt that even you have enough money for that.
chrisavis wrote:
We agree – you don’t have to prove (@$%&#!). But until you do, you can’t be trusted. If you can’t be trusted, your words have no value.
Hmm... so to you, because I won't "prove" anything to you I can't be trusted... but those that help pirates like you and your pirate heroes (copyright infringment is piracy) can be trusted? Okay, if that's your standard of integrity go for it... (I know it's part of the "controlled thing" you must speak kindly.)
chrisavis wrote:
I have the advantage of time and technology, better tools, better efficiency, and IMO, better business sense. You can't really compete against that.
Still talking about... you?.... I'm not surprised.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Self-promotion is marketing. You really should take my advice about business and marketing classes.
The point is that you don't need to market in this forum... there are no potential customers for you here so the only thing you're doing here is bragging.

Hosts from this forum have been to my shows. My guess is they heard it here.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
You glossed over "I don't believe I ever stated that none of them were pirates"
So you could say 'Nice of you to finally stop denying and start admitting that you "helped pirates" that contacted you'.

I never denied it. You just didn’t like my wording. I will let you go find the quotes to prove otherwise.
You simply whitewashed "pirate" with "illegal host" to make it sound less distasteful and more palatable. Why don't you just call them "undocumented help licensees?"

I am going to answer this with a quote from you -

c. staley wrote:
….I'd bet that everyone else here knew exactly what I meant.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Furthermore…..What is so wrong about a pirate going clean? Especially if it is their own choice?
Because while you're busy helping a pirate keep his gigs so you can sell them your leftover discs, you're screwing the legitimate host who can't get the jobs you're blocking them from. So don't act like you do anything to better "the industry" because you are like your heroes: you'll screw anyone as long as you can further yourself and whitewash it along the way.

This is the single stupidest thing I have seen from you.

Please detail to the good readers here how *I* am blocking a legit host from taking a gig from a pirate.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Btw…..You are the only person that gave/gives me any real grief about that. If you think that or anything you say has any impact on me…well…..I have called you a narcissist in the past. I stand by that.

That doesn’t even make sense. You might want to stand up when you talk so we can better understand you.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
You have enough business? Or enough patrons? There can’t be too many of the latter so long as they are paying.

I tell you what. If you can convince me that your karaoke shows have caused the fire marshal to come out with any regularity, I will give you a pass on advertising.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
I don't give a sh** what you "offer" and if you want "transparency" then send me money and we'll talk about it. I don't have to prove squat to you, no matter how much you whine about it, especially free.

Not at all. It's because access to my privacy isn't free. I doubt that even you have enough money for that.

I will again answer with a quote from you -

c. staley wrote:
If you hang your a$$ on the fence, expect it to get slapped.

If you are going to make claims, be ready to back them up.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
We agree – you don’t have to prove (@$%&#!). But until you do, you can’t be trusted. If you can’t be trusted, your words have no value.
Hmm... so to you, because I won't "prove" anything to you I can't be trusted... but those that help pirates like you and your pirate heroes (copyright infringment is piracy) can be trusted? Okay, if that's your standard of integrity go for it... (I know it's part of the "controlled thing" you must speak kindly.)

You have made claims that you refuse to back up with the excuse of “I don’t have to”. So, no, I don’t feel you are trustworthy.

Again….”helped”. That said, if a pirate called me tomorrow and I felt they legitimately wanted to go above board, I would help them.

And please, do not lecture me on integrity <digital watermarking lie> That one is going to come back to haunt you.
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I have the advantage of time and technology, better tools, better efficiency, and IMO, better business sense. You can't really compete against that.
Still talking about... you?.... I'm not surprised.

Time, technology, better tools are out of my control. But yea, I am more efficient and have better business sense. You got me there.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Thank God they were there... I'm sure your gig would have tanked without their (one time) support.
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Please detail to the good readers here how *I* am blocking a legit host from taking a gig from a pirate.
Hello? McFly? Bueller? Anyone home? Try this: Start again above with the sentence where the very first word is; "Because..."

I can only point you to it, I can't understand it for you.
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

That doesn’t even make sense. You might want to stand up when you talk so we can better understand you.
Well, at least you also admit to a comprehension problem, but here it is in a nutshell: You can't say you "support the industry" if you also "support pirates" even if you think that somehow it is a humanitarian cause.... because helping a pirate is screwing a legitimate operator out of a gig. Got it yet?
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I tell you what. If you can convince me that your karaoke shows have caused the fire marshal to come out with any regularity, I will give you a pass on advertising.
I'll pass on the "pass" and take a check instead.. But something tells me that even if I got the fire marshal to call you directly, you wouldn't be "convinced" of anything anyway.
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

chrisavis wrote:
You have made claims that you refuse to back up with the excuse of “I don’t have to”. So, no, I don’t feel you are trustworthy.
And tell me again why I should care what you think of all people? You're not writing checks to me are you?
chrisavis wrote:
Again….”helped”. That said, if a pirate called me tomorrow and I felt they legitimately wanted to go above board, I would help them.
And there you have it, in black and white.

chrisavis wrote:
And please, do not lecture me on integrity <digital watermarking lie> That one is going to come back to haunt you.
It's easy to believe there are no Easter eggs when you can't find a single one.

Let's score it differently:
-----------------C. Staley------Chris Avis-----Phoenix Entertainment ----------
Helps pirates?------NO------------YES--------------YES-------------
Sues venues?-------NO------------NO---------------YES-------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, and I'm the bad guy, right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Thank God they were there... I'm sure your gig would have tanked without their (one time) support.

Nice tantrum. My gigs are doing better than yours these days. And I can prove it. 

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Hello? McFly? Bueller? Anyone home? Try this: Start again above with the sentence where the very first word is; "Because..."

I can only point you to it, I can't understand it for you.

Your answer is “Because”?

But let’s quote the whole thing and dissect…..

c. staley wrote:
Because while you're busy helping a pirate keep his gigs…

How am I doing this?!?!?!?

c. staley wrote:
”…so you can sell them your leftover discs, you're screwing the legitimate host who can't get the jobs you're blocking them from."

How am I blocking them!?!?!?!

c. staley wrote:
So don't act like you do anything to better "the industry" because you are like your heroes: you'll screw anyone as long as you can further yourself and whitewash it along the way.

Word (@$%&#!). Doesn’t need any explanation.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Well, at least you also admit to a comprehension problem, but here it is in a nutshell: You can't say you "support the industry" if you also "support pirates" even if you think that somehow it is a humanitarian cause.... because helping a pirate is screwing a legitimate operator out of a gig. Got it yet?

Tossing the word salad again?

You say I "support pirates". What I really did was "help pirates put together a legal library and operate above board"

YOU characterize it as if I am doing a “humanitarian cause”. What I really did was "help people that asked for help." It wasn't the grand gesture you make it out to be. I'm just a nice guy.

I feel sorry for the person in the horrible car accident that you stop to steal their wallet from them just drive right past. How is that for a mis-characterization?

You cannot make me feel bad for helping someone that asks for help.

And again, it’s only you. You are the only person that sees it this way.

c. staley vs the world……
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I'll pass on the "pass" and take a check instead.. But something tells me that even if I got the fire marshal to call you directly, you wouldn't be "convinced" of anything anyway.

Calling your bluff. Have the Fire Marshal call me. Let’s do a 3 way call even. My number is public. Let’s record it so everyone knows it took place and that I am not afraid to honor my word.

I dare you.

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

chrisavis wrote:
And tell me again why I should care what you think of all people? You're not writing checks to me are you?

You keep responding to me (oh yeah Troll – 8 : Chip – 0)
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
And there you have it, in black and white.

Yes it is.

Happy to help anyone that wants to be helped. I would even sell discs to you, Chip. Pirate or not.

Chris Avis
425-647-3440

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
It's easy to believe there are no Easter eggs when you can't find a single one.

I wasn’t the only one who looked (or is looking).

I will post my chart at a later date.......but for now I am going to bed.

Hugs and kisses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:46 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Ok, I have to chime in even i've got many out of towners just because of this very forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Ok, I have to chime in even i've got many out of towners just because of this very forum.

Are you "advertising" here? But even if you are, the out of towners are a 1 shot deal and not going to make or break your gig.

We really enjoyed Cueball visiting but unfortunately he can't be here every week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Multiply X out-of-towners across Y nights per year. Then divide in half to be ultra-conservative and there is a lot of money that will still be on the table.

But that money doesn't go in Chip's pocket so perhaps that's why it doesn't matter.

In all fairness, I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say they were going *TO* Detroit. Customer retention advertising might be more effective.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:
cueball wrote:
Oh... were you making a point??????????? Keep in mind, you have also contributed to what you have just referred to as the "SC BS" (in your little "War of the Worlds" between you and Chip).

To be fair, Chip spouts SC BS. I simply counter it on occasion and a lot less frequently these days.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... Then you MUST BE making up for lost time now!!!! Almost 2 full days of you and Chip going back and forth at each other. The days may be less frequent, but your posts seem to be getting bigger.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:33 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
I think we are finished here.

If Phill has any other unanswered questions, he can start another thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10