KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Is now the time to revolt? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Unfortunately, as long as you have one greedy company looking for handouts, and looking to sue everyone they can, nothing will change, UNLESS aLL THE companies band together and go against SC, in court, in media, and in Congress.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Most of us have (subconsciously at least) already revolted.

At Smooth says, it's all about content, and he is 1000% right. KJs feed off of new items for their singers to paw through. Nothing works better for repeat traffic.

But now we are doing like every other company in a business: Thinking globally as opposed to just the corner store. You might be buying Zoom product via CD and waiting it out because better to wait two weeks then never have the song. You are buying your digital content from Karaoke-Versions and Karaoke.net because those are the only two sites that seem to be the most active with content.

But we still are looking at dead labels for deals on old stock and that's a problem because it doesn't add value to the supply stream. Our money priority should be to those vendors (and manus) that carry brands that are working on new music. It gets older product out of the supply chain, and gets vendors to buy more product from manus who in turn will have more financial support to make more product.

So I've changed my policy to buy from active companies first , even if the cost per track is higher. Why buy from a dead label when the few active karaoke companies left need our support?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I still buy Sound Choice when I can find it because it's still perceived as the premium brand in my market and because I am forced to compete with multi rig operations who have every SC track imaginable.

So I will quickly fill a singer's request by purchasing a download if I can and look to eventually replace the track with Sound Choice when possible if they are a regular and sing it all the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
BigJer wrote:
I still buy Sound Choice when I can find it because it's still perceived as the premium brand in my market and because I am forced to compete with multi rig operations who have every SC track imaginable.

So I will quickly fill a singer's request by purchasing a download if I can and look to eventually replace the track with Sound Choice when possible if they are a regular and sing it all the time.
I have found that MOST of the content that I have been buying, from the various download sites, is either as good, or BETTER than it's SC counterpart. My singers, some of which, are former SC singers, are QUITE happy with what I provide.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Most of us have (subconsciously at least) already revolted.

At Smooth says, it's all about content, and he is 1000% right. KJs feed off of new items for their singers to paw through. Nothing works better for repeat traffic.

But now we are doing like every other company in a business: Thinking globally as opposed to just the corner store. You might be buying Zoom product via CD and waiting it out because better to wait two weeks then never have the song. You are buying your digital content from Karaoke-Versions and Karaoke.net because those are the only two sites that seem to be the most active with content.

But we still are looking at dead labels for deals on old stock and that's a problem because it doesn't add value to the supply stream. Our money priority should be to those vendors (and manus) that carry brands that are working on new music. It gets older product out of the supply chain, and gets vendors to buy more product from manus who in turn will have more financial support to make more product.

So I've changed my policy to buy from active companies first , even if the cost per track is higher. Why buy from a dead label when the few active karaoke companies left need our support?

Well said.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Notice I used the word "perceived".

When that Sound Choice logo comes up most singers associate it with quality. Also it's probably the brand they are used to singing off of in my particular area and that comfort level is also important.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
BigJer wrote:
Notice I used the word "perceived".

When that Sound Choice logo comes up most singers associate it with quality. Also it's probably the brand they are used to singing off of in my particular area and that comfort level is also important.

I agree there, but information is also key to understanding.

If a customer requests a Sound Choice version at my show, I tell them that SC was the premium standard in the 90's and is what alot of singers are accustomed to seeing, but they haven't followed the market demands and have very limited availability. I'll also tell them that Zoom and SBI are the new age equivalents of SC and Top Hits Monthly. Usually the customer is quite understanding, and agrees once they sing the newer version.

I've had alot of people tell me that Zoom exceeds Sound Choice.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I like Zoom quite a bit. Just bought a 6 disc pack for 2015 to upgrade the library and have a pack of 2016's on the way.

But one area where I still give the edge to Sound Choice over Zoom is the graphics. Love those count on bars.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:50 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
BigJer wrote:
I like Zoom quite a bit. Just bought a 6 disc pack for 2015 to upgrade the library and have a pack of 2016's on the way.

But one area where I still give the edge to Sound Choice over Zoom is the graphics. Love those count on bars.

I would have loved if SC would have continued making a great product. Unfortunately they didn't.

The Oilers were great once too. Look at what happened to a team that lived in their glory days lol

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
Me and another KJ find that karaokecloud (digitrax) has the best quality for karaoke tracks. Hopefully SC will start making new karaoke songs soon. Can't wait

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

audioprola wrote:
Me and another KJ find that karaokecloud (digitrax) has the best quality for karaoke tracks. Hopefully SC will start making new karaoke songs soon. Can't wait

I can wait. There's plenty of good material out there now, available to the US consumer. We don't need a producer with the recent reputation of the failed SC product and failed attempts to produce new music via a gofundme type campaign. I'm all for them riding quietly into the sunset, rather than them going down kicking and screaming, grasping at every last dollar they can milk out of legit disc owners.

They shoot horses, don't they?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
I can wait. There's plenty of good material out there now, available to the US consumer. We don't need a producer with the recent reputation of the failed SC product and failed attempts to produce new music via a gofundme type campaign. I'm all for them riding quietly into the sunset, rather than them going down kicking and screaming, grasping at every last dollar they can milk out of legit disc owners.

Well that would certainly let a lot of scurvy pirates sleep better now wouldn't it, but an event that makes the rest of us who paid wind up as a bunch of suckers for trying to do the right thing doesn't much appeal to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
BigJer wrote:
Well that would certainly let a lot of scurvy pirates sleep better now wouldn't it, but an event that makes the rest of us who paid wind up as a bunch of suckers for trying to do the right thing doesn't much appeal to me.

PEP "licenses piracy" BigJer... It's called a "help license" you can have the entire library for less than $200/month....

The "rest of us" are already being played as a bunch of suckers.... and they've been doing that for years. They are not out to rid your world of piracy at all, they are out to "license it" as far and wide as they can.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

BigJer wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to guess that karaoke piracy will be out there long after the legit old timers (those that actually bought their discs and paid for downloads) are out of business. I'm just going to ride the wave as long as I can, then hopefully sell off what I can and retire.