KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How much does piracy matter to you? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Do YOU care if a manufacturer creates "unauthorized" music?
I don't care, I always buy in "good faith." 28%  28%  [ 10 ]
Licensing isn't my business, I buy what I need. 36%  36%  [ 13 ]
I think it's bad, but I can't stop it. 28%  28%  [ 10 ]
I don't/won't buy from a company I think steals music. 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 36
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:22 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:24 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:27 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
@Chip

I've just stopped caring about it. Years of trying to fix it, years of a candle burning at both ends between the bickering here and the manu's. Years of fud, years of absolutely no desire from KJ's here to stand united to fix things. Years of Manu's pitting Kj's against each other so we could never really get that strong. All of them, most of them just want to be right on this forum, instead of sticking to principles and doing what's right.

We're in process of selling our software outright. My team is throwing in the towel. Hopefully our buyer will get things moving in the right direction, but even we have our reservations.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
toqer wrote:
@Chip
I've just stopped caring about it. Years of trying to fix it, years of a candle burning at both ends between the bickering here and the manu's. Years of fud, years of absolutely no desire from KJ's here to stand united to fix things. Years of Manu's pitting Kj's against each other so we could never really get that strong. All of them, most of them just want to be right on this forum, instead of sticking to principles and doing what's right.

We're in process of selling our software outright. My team is throwing in the towel. Hopefully our buyer will get things moving in the right direction, but even we have our reservations.
B-I-N-G-O-!

Years ago, 20 manufacturers couldn't agree on anything.... the KJ's want someone else to "fix it for them" and all that's happening just sucks the fun right out it completely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:37 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Toqer when you have finalized a sale, could you please let me know. I would be extremely interested in purchasing the update.

Aside from the issue of it not working with the store anymore *at least on my computer/build* it has stopped working entirely on one machine.. I wonder if it has anything to do with that guy who messed with basic java code available for download.. Altho i turned off updates for java a long time ago..

I would be nice if the software could be updated for multi-touch machines.. That alone is something i would be willing to spend money on.

anyway, hope your family is well. Good luck with the sale

-James

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
People love free stuff. Might be evil, but better writers than me have already made the argument more eloquently about man being basically evil.

You see who people really are when civilization breaks down and it usually isn't pretty.

Me? I want to buy the stuff I need legally mainly because I want to sleep well at night and not be up worrying about lawsuits.

I have the same interest in the karaoke production process, I have when a sausage is made and sold.

I hope there's an inspector out there and if it tastes good I'm happy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Remember.....these polls are not anonymous.

And why would matter in this case?

It's not like I'm trying to sell you anything. Unless of course, you're not worried about me and you're worried about someone else.

It matters in every case because you can't guarantee accurate results if people know it's not anonymous. If I know you know my answers, I'm more inclined to NOT admit I have any tracks that aren't 100% legal. It's the anonymity that enables people to speak freely. Take that away and you're left with nothing but a "politically correct zone" and what fun is that?

No one is worrying that you're trying to sell us anything and I think you know that. Let's be honest about what people are really worried about. They're worried about you using this information to make judgements about the forum users and maybe later use it to weed out those you find undesirable. Chris's point is extremely relevant and the fact that this site even has polls that aren't anonymous is rather disturbing. A poll that is not anonymous is not a poll. It's a test.

In other words, you're taking information from us that we're not aware you're taking. Isn't that a form of piracy as well? ...and if Chris hadn't played the role of Edward Snowden, how many more people would have been duped into thinking they could speak freely?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:09 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
There is nothing in the polling questions, that implicates any one that answers, as a pirate. It does try to make it sound as though some manufacturers are pirates, and I do believe many are. However, it has been demonstrated that trying to figure out who has all the necessary licensing is nearly impossible.

So....... I can only buy in good faith and the authorities will have to sort the truth out in court, of which I may be part of. I am not going to lose sleep over it. I will be there with receipts and cd's when needed.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:26 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:
I can only buy in good faith and the authorities will have to sort the truth out in court, of which I may be part of. I am not going to lose sleep over it. I will be there with receipts and cd's when needed.

My sentiments exactly! :)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:26 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Some "Brick And Mortar" stores I do not buy from.

As I have a nice selection or original CD+G disks, it's not difficult to spot a fake.

And some are SO fake..

Inkjet printed labels and disks. Bogus.