KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke "No-Fly List" Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
so far the only risk any KJ has taken and the only danger to a KJ has been from 1 manu and 1 lawsuit company (dont know what else to call PRLLC)

Shouldn't that be TWO "Lawsuit Companies"? When was the last time SC produced new tracks?

" Disc based and loving it..."

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Touche' Jose'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
OK... So you can't license new karaoke products from these artists. How does that effect my existing library? Most of my singers want to sing stuff that has already been made anyway and a lot of those artists on the no fly list are way past their prime. So what's the point?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Yeah I always laugh at the artists that are only being kept alive/remembered/or being introduced to newer (younger) audiences because of people actually wanting to sing their songs - what a travesty! I can totally understand why they'd want to keep karaoke off limits ...... NOT!!!! :roll:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) It is what is called artistic temperament Lonnie, that which drives an artist or someone who thinks they are an artist to create and also too destroy. They have a concept of creation giving to themselves some godlike qualities. It is this duality of purpose that drives many artists, after all there is a fine line between genius and insanity. Look at Nero in order to to remake Rome he had to burn it first, and play his harp in the process. Hitler originally started out as a frustrated artist, that became a soldier, and then a political leader, with a vision of remaking the map of Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
No, it's called sending themselves into obscurity. As it is, many of those old rock bands get little airplay, anymore. If any of them puts out new music, who hears it? Karaoke could be a good tool to help get their music out to the public. One wonders if the next move will be that they will forbid bands from performing their music at bars.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:44 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
One wonders if the next move will be that they will forbid bands from performing their music at bars.

If the bars don't pay their PRO fees (same as with karaoke, or dj and even more), they CAN ban bands from playing cover tunes - which is what makes a bar money over original tunes bands, or even ban bands altogether.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Does anyone know if this No-Fly list is still valid? Are any of you seeing karaoke content being sold or produced from artists on this list?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:54 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Very much valid if not more so today because the publishers are enforcing it more. UK brands are no longer allowed to sell to US for the most part and US manufacturers cannot acquire licensing a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
The way the internet is today; everybody knows people all over the world. It's easy enough to to get someone in Europe to buy any karaoke song and e-mail it to you. There are web sites where people will make you any karaoke song that you want if you're willing to pay for it. Sound Choice and PEP are the only karaoke companies that are chasing ambulances and they don't seem to be too successful at it any longer. Buy the songs that you want any way you can get them. It's like driving 56 in a 55 zone.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:22 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

That's good information. Do you know if there is an updated "No-Fly" list anywhere? For example, are there any new artists who haven't allowed their content to be produced or sold in the U.S., and if so, how would one find out if it's legal to buy/sell/play a particular artist?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
mushmomike wrote:
That's good information. Do you know if there is an updated "No-Fly" list anywhere? For example, are there any new artists who haven't allowed their content to be produced or sold in the U.S., and if so, how would one find out if it's legal to buy/sell/play a particular artist?

Unfortunately in the us & Canada, everything is more complicated. Karaoke.net has been able to get licensing for some bands that were on the 'no fly' list, however a lot of them still said no.

One of the major problems is that in the UK, they work on an "Opt out" basis. that means, if a copyright holder doesn't want their music on karaoke, they specifically have to contact the rights organization overseas in writing, otherwise it is automatically available for licensing.

In the US & Canada, it is an "opt in" system.. That means EVERYONE is automatically excluded from licensing, and if you want to publish a song for karaoke, you have to get permission directly from the copyright holders.

Also, you have to keep in mind that aprox 80% of the artists never make it to karaoke in the first place, because it is such a niche market.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:25 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mushmomike wrote:
Not really any updated list, but since many of the UK manus can no longer sell downloads to the US and in many cases cannot sell discs directly to US (discs sold through third party are not illegal) chances are if you don't see the song you want it's going to be either not enough interest to produce, too costly to produce or blocked from being produced (no fly). In many cases you will be able to find instrumental versions - the hang up is in the graphics/lyric display (different licensing than the audio only).

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:30 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

mushmomike wrote:

Why are you asking?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
Karaokeinsider wrote:
mushmomike wrote:

Why are you asking?

Why not ask? It's a valid question, especially if he's a newbie trying to understand the screwed up legal system here in the US and doesn't want to end up with his butt in a sling (Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask).

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I don't know if there is anything particularly illegal about a host playing music from a 'no fly list' that was maybe bought on disc (or even paid download when it was available) and a club are paying PRO's. It falls more on the company selling (or not supposed to sell and does it anyway). How many kj's are going to get rid of songs that weren't supposed to be made (this would probably be in the 4 digit numbers) - or were made then put on no fly at a later date - which were MANY? How many kj's aren't going to buy stuff they need if it's available to buy? Most of the songs that are on the no fly aren't available to US customers anymore anyway at least in download form. Many manus still produce discs overseas, and buying those discs through a third party seller isn't necessarily illegal either.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
TedJankowski wrote:
Clark Music Australia?

So what sound choice songs do they have available for custom Discs? I just checked them out and cannot find anything sound choice I at all let alone any sound choice songs I want?

Music Maestro, Zoom, Easy Karaoke, Priddus.

But nothing Sound Choice?

Clark used to provide SC custom CD's in the past. You won't find SC on the site now because the license to use the material expired or was taken away. I have a few custom discs that I got before they removed the SC songs in my collection.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:11 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
TedJankowski wrote:
Clark Music Australia?

So what sound choice songs do they have available for custom Discs? I just checked them out and cannot find anything sound choice I at all let alone any sound choice songs I want?

Music Maestro, Zoom, Easy Karaoke, Priddus.

But nothing Sound Choice?

Clark used to provide SC custom CD's in the past. You won't find SC on the site now because the license to use the material expired or was taken away. I have a few custom discs that I got before they removed the SC songs in my collection.
Danny look at the date of the post you quoted. Clark Music isn't even in business anymore for either the SC or any other brand for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

KarenB wrote:
Karaokeinsider wrote:
mushmomike wrote:

Why are you asking?

Why not ask? It's a valid question, especially if he's a newbie trying to understand the screwed up legal system here in the US and doesn't want to end up with his butt in a sling (Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask).

I asked the question because I seem to recall that mushmomike was a developer who was going to revolutionize the industry with his new software. Nothing seems to have become of him or it other than a 4 hour show for $200.00 in Washington. So I am just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:15 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
So... whatever happened to the Karaoke "No-Fly List" ???

Are these artists sending armies of lawyers out to make sure nobody is singing these songs in karaoke shows?

Or, did Congress pass the "Karaoke KooL Act" that allows public performances of all artist's songs?

Just curious... asking for a friend actually... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next