KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke "No-Fly List" Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
So even Sound Choice is available for download. So many of us have been complaining for nothing. I can download anything SC when ever I want. You've made me so.... Very Happy.. I'm So glad you.. Came into my LLllIIIffffe. (LOL) :D

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:55 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 24 times
Ted, they are not downloads. You make your selections and they burn them to CD and ship them to you.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
15 songs for about 70 bucks. A little pricey. but it's not downloadable. It is a customized disc that will be sent in the mail. But I can live with that. Most SC while good quality. Is stuff no one has ever requested to sing. and If someone wants it and asks for it I can get it. Wow you posted above while I was typing. I see that now. The other link was downloadable but it didn't have the SC discs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Not sure which Clark Music you were looking at but they don't offer downloads. Even their Pro-Burn site is custom disc only.
http://www.proburncdg.com/ccart/customer/home.php

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:11 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Quote:
It is particularly galling to hear someone who is an outsider who has close to zero understanding of the law and zero knowledge of how the industry operates say that a given track or disc is "tainted." It's not tainted in the slightest, except by unrealistic expectations.

I'm so sorry James. I didn't know you knew me or my background so personally. You may also take note of my previous comment that I posted no fact or conclusion but stated that if something were released into the market place and then "backpeddling" or "settling up later" (as you called it) had to be done, it may carry a "tainted" cloud.

I personally don't know you or your entire background other than your a lawyer for Sound Choice. Obviously your years of experience have included music licensing and not just I.P. law. I apologize for assuming you only became so knowledgeable about the karaoke (and music) industry when Mr. Slep chose you to represent his company in today's mass lawsuit market. You obviously are much more educated than I about how this industry works but less so about how it is perceived by uneducated folk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:16 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Jeff it really isn't you. If Jim has typed about licencing once, he has typed it a hundred times, but it doesn't sink into some people's head. Some like to argue for the sake of argument. After a while one I suppose get a tad fed up and start banging their heads against the wall. try not to take it personally.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
djjeffross wrote:
Quote:
It is particularly galling to hear someone who is an outsider who has close to zero understanding of the law and zero knowledge of how the industry operates say that a given track or disc is "tainted." It's not tainted in the slightest, except by unrealistic expectations.

I'm so sorry James. I didn't know you knew me or my background so personally. You may also take note of my previous comment that I posted no fact or conclusion but stated that if something were released into the market place and then "backpeddling" or "settling up later" (as you called it) had to be done, it may carry a "tainted" cloud.

I personally don't know you or your entire background other than your a lawyer for Sound Choice. Obviously your years of experience have included music licensing and not just I.P. law. I apologize for assuming you only became so knowledgeable about the karaoke (and music) industry when Mr. Slep chose you to represent his company in today's mass lawsuit market. You obviously are much more educated than I about how this industry works but less so about how it is perceived by uneducated folk.

I wasn't referring to you with that comment, although I see now how you thought I was. I was actually referring to Joe, who has been told enough times to know better.

I apologize for being rude to you, even if unintentionally.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
leopard lizard wrote:
If you go to Clark via the link on the SC site for "Custom CDG" then you will get to the SC songs. I remember once seeing a Clark site that had MM and Priddis but it may be a different one. The one that you link to via SC will have SC and Abraxa songs on it.

I believe it was posted about 2 or 3 years ago (maybe longer than that), that Clark Music pulled The Eagles selections from their downloads. So, not quite everything is available.

and, more recently (today at 2:58 AM):
kjmann wrote:
None of the SC eagles songs from 8125 are available at Clark Music (Custom Sound Choice) anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:01 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

The 8125 tracks were pulled from Clark around a year & half maybe two years ago. Shortly after they came back online with the SC tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Has Sublime been added to the list?? I can't find anything but What I Got.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
You guys talking about Clark Music must have not seen this recently posted thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28250

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Smooth,

Check out Karaoke Version, they have 5 titles available and Saw Red can be voted on to be produced.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:41 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

doowhatchulike wrote:
You guys talking about Clark Music must have not seen this recently posted thread:

It's only because it happened yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Lonman wrote:
doowhatchulike wrote:

It's only because it happened yesterday.

Hence, the use of the term "recently".......

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Artist Title Disc #
Sublime Badfish SCME134
Sublime Badfish SCSP8947
Sublime Date Rape SCMS235
Sublime Date Rape SCR8874
Sublime Date Rape SCSP8874
Sublime Santeria PHCMRK02
Sublime Santeria PHM9705
Sublime Santeria SCMD051
Sublime Santeria SCPW3037
Sublime Santeria SCSP8389
Sublime Santeria THMP9705
Sublime What I Got PHCMRK01
Sublime What I Got PHM9611
Sublime What I Got SC905
Sublime What I Got SCMD050
Sublime What I Got SCPW3003
Sublime What I Got SCSP8448
Sublime What I Got THMP9611
Sublime Wrong Way PHM9710
Sublime Wrong Way THMP9710

Is this what you were seeking?

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:39 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
I have songs from 95% of the artists listed on here including new stuff...is tha a NO FLY LIST just for karaoke cloud...just wondering???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
No It is not just for DT or US manus. Any tracks licensed for use here in the USA that you own on original disc prior to the song writer pulling rights you can continue to use. Any overseas discs that were imported prior to the resale ban you can use. Anything produced overseas and downloaded or imported after the ban can get you sued by the publishers if they wish to do so. You can find this info covered at the Karaoke summit in detail the videos are available for all to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:51 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
kjflorida wrote:
No It is not just for DT or US manus. Any tracks licensed for use here in the USA that you own on original disc prior to the song writer pulling rights you can continue to use. Any overseas discs that were imported prior to the resale ban you can use. Anything produced overseas and downloaded or imported after the ban can get you sued by the publishers if they wish to do so. You can find this info covered at the Karaoke summit in detail the videos are available for all to watch.

This is same risk the entire karaoke world has lived with and accepted for the last 30 years.

*IF* the rights holders want to sue, they will.

In spite of all the rumblings of "waking the sleeping giants" we have heard, there has been zero credible evidence produced that rights holders will be coming after KJ's. Especially ones that actually own valid, legal material, regardless of the source. Yet it seems very clear the rights holders are paying attention to the karaoke manufacturers. It is the manufacturers that need to be worried, not the KJ's.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
I guess its a matter of the amount of risk any KJ is willing to take. I personally am not willing to risk it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
kjflorida wrote:
I guess its a matter of the amount of risk any KJ is willing to take. I personally am not willing to risk it.

I don't understand this since you and every other KJ (including me) has been taking this risk this since the first show you delivered. Why exactly is the risk suddenly greater now?

-Chris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next