KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - So Sound Choice Gem Series is already pirated? How's that? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 am
Posts: 2444
Been Liked: 46 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
They don't deserve to have their investment devalued or their competition given an illegal/unfair advantage any more than you do.

Then SC should actually DO something about it, instead of turning pirates into "legit" competition!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4683
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 454 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
I'm well aware that you don't care. Specifically as it relates to piracy and its effect on SC.

Would you be so gracious as to substantiate your claim without directly naming the host/KJ's that you've SEEN in possession of or using pirated GEM series tracks? How about just the town or the venues in which you witnessed this? Just a little info to go on so that your claim can be verified without any overt action on your part?

Why should he play SC cop just to please you and SC? If you don't believe Joe, then just tell him you think he's not telling the truth or that he could be mistaken... You simply want him to be your rat-puppet by claiming he should "substantiate his claim?" Either you believe him or you don't and that should be the end of it.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Or does your bias allow you to justify standing idly by as others in your own area (I'm assuming) do more damage to the industry and subsequently to the honest, hard working people like you and me and anyone else who has a legitimate stake?

You are really reaching to try to lay more guilt on Joe for not being your informer than my Jewish mother-in-law. And SC has done plenty to "damage to the industry and subsequently to the honest, hard working people" like Joe and other KJ's all by themselves. They certainly don't need Joe's help.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
You do realize that GEM series have been sold to more than just the handful of people that communicate on the internet forums, right? What you are claiming here could have a damaging effect on many, many more people who are struggling to get by, and not just within your circle of influence. They don't deserve to have their investment devalued or their competition given an illegal/unfair advantage any more than you do.


Guilt, guilt, guilt..... this is truly pathetic. Joe's not a 6-year-old.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Burke


Flag-waving....

Let SC's "investigators" find them.... that's what they are paid to do.... You wouldn't want to be responsible for putting an investigator out of work would you?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:12 pm
Posts: 5046
Been Liked: 334 times
Bazza wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
That being said, I have SEEN at least three hosts with pirated Gem sets.


So Joe, who are they? IF these mystery hosts truly have & are using pirated GEM sets, it's cut & dried they they are 100% stolen & illegal. There is no grey area here.

You are against piracy, right? :wink:


Correct on all counts. Stolen by pirates, and yes, I'm against piracy. If you were hoping for an arguement, I'm sorry. No gray area-....

Now- point me to an agency that won't allow them to pay protection money to stay in business, and I will happily report them.

_________________
"No Contests, No Divas, Just A Good Time!"

" Disc based and loving it..."


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:08 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Now- point me to an agency that won't allow them to pay protection money to stay in business, and I will happily report them.


I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 am
Posts: 2444
Been Liked: 46 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?


Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.

So since it would be considered criminal theft, the police would have to at least file a report which would probably involve questioning any witnesses.

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 am
Posts: 2444
Been Liked: 46 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?


Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.

So since it would be considered criminal theft, the police would have to at least file a report which would probably involve questioning any witnesses.

Good luck with that.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:50 pm
Posts: 1047
Been Liked: 1 time
JoeChartreuse wrote:
That being said, I have SEEN at least three hosts with pirated Gem sets.
Really? What leads you to believe the GEM sets are pirated? Just askin'


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22080
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1793 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?


Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.
.

Unless the computer was stolen that contained the files. Didn't DannyG have a computer stolen with the GEM set put on the hard drive?

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?


Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.
.

Unless the computer was stolen that contained the files. Didn't DannyG have a computer stolen with the GEM set put on the hard drive?


That is a great argument Lonman. Making this case even more important to find out who the alleged pirates are that Joe has witnessed. If someone had a computer stolen with the GEMs on it, I would think the original licensee would have reported it. Knowing who the alleged pirates are that were witnessed by Joe, could help in recovering the stolen computer which even makes the case more criminal.

I can't speak for Danny as to what was stolen from him. I'll let him respond. However, I did state in my previous post, "If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft." ~ If a computer was stolen, then the licensee had nothing to do with copying the content.

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4683
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 454 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
That is a great argument Lonman. Making this case even more important to find out who the alleged pirates are that Joe has witnessed. If someone had a computer stolen with the GEMs on it, I would think the original licensee would have reported it. Knowing who the alleged pirates are that were witnessed by Joe, could help in recovering the stolen computer which even makes the case more criminal.


Terrific.... I would think that SC should get right on that.... otherwise what is Joe's incentive to be involved? He's not an investigator... and he's not getting paid.. and he gets nothing in return. The satisfaction of "feeling good" and "helping the industry for his fellow hosts" just wouldn't cut it in my book.

The worse would be to find out that the pirated (if they are) products be the ones stolen from DannyG.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
But Joe may have, by his own admission, witnessed criminal activity. If true, this criminal activity should be investigated by local authorities if a complaint is filed. If a complaint is filed, authorities are most likely to question witnesses.

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:06 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4683
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 454 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
But Joe may have, by his own admission, witnessed criminal activity. If true, this criminal activity should be investigated by local authorities if a complaint is filed. If a complaint is filed, authorities are most likely to question witnesses.


It's a civil matter.. remember? SC is free to file "the complaint" you're talking about and Joe is under no obligation to do anything....

It's "hearsay" and MurrayC hates hearsay.... so do the cops.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:23 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
c. staley wrote:

It's a civil matter.. remember? SC is free to file "the complaint" you're talking about and Joe is under no obligation to do anything....


I disagree that it is a civil matter, I believe it can be viewed as criminal since SC can trace back every licensee of the GEM Series out there.

c. staley wrote:
It's "hearsay" and MurrayC hates hearsay.... so do the cops.


This I can agree on.

So you agree that Joe's statement is merely hearsay then with no proof to back up his statement that the GEM Series has been pirated.

So I would suggest to all who are reading this forum topic that Joe Chartreuse's statement should not be taken as fact regarding this subject.

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4683
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 454 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
c. staley wrote:

It's a civil matter.. remember? SC is free to file "the complaint" you're talking about and Joe is under no obligation to do anything....


I disagree that it is a civil matter, I believe it can be viewed as criminal since SC can trace back every licensee of the GEM Series out there.


Then it's entirely up to SC to "protect their product" isn't it? They need to get off their buns and get busy.

Wall Of Sound wrote:
c. staley wrote:
It's "hearsay" and MurrayC hates hearsay.... so do the cops.


This I can agree on.

So you agree that Joe's statement is merely hearsay then with no proof to back up his statement that the GEM Series has been pirated.

So I would suggest to all who are reading this forum topic that Joe Chartreuse's statement should not be taken as fact regarding this subject.


I do not agree to anything you say that I should agree to... I can do that myself depending on the issue. I don't speak for you and you don't speak for me remember?

You are welcome to suggest all you want and call everyone who refuses to give you proof a liar and/or fabricator, I have a much better opinion of Joe's reliability regarding his statements. Besides, what's his incentive to lie?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:46 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 691
Location: Carson City, NV
Been Liked: 0 time
Whatever Chief....

You say it's hearsay, so do I.

Again, more hearsay by Joe Chartreuse.

Image

_________________
"Just Say NO, To Justin Bieber & His Beatle Haircut"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 am
Posts: 1832
Location: TX
Been Liked: 59 times
Question is "Does SC sell the Gem Series World Wide?"

They say they only sell to KJ's so does this mean that they only sell to U.S. KJ's? and just how do they determine you are a host? By making you sign a piece of paper under threat of a law suit swearing you are a KJ?

If they sell overseas then that could be where the pirated copies come from.

Just how far can SC reach?
Good luck if the torrent comes from Russia, China or other places the U.S. can't touch.

_________________
I like everyone when I first meet them. If you don't like me that's not my problem it's YOURS!
A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4053
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 172 times
Lonman is correct that hard drives with GEM series content were stolen from me although I don't remember actually stating so in a forum. I do remember stating that I bought the GEM series to replace the 700+ SC discs that were previously stolen from me and a laptop that was stolen but that was before I got the GEM series.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:58 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 1582
Location: Earth
Been Liked: 287 times
From:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22012&p=307090&hilit=+gem#p307090

DannyG2006 wrote:
There has been theft of the GEMS in CT. I have had two hard drives stolen in the past year that contained the GEM series. I have since moved away from the thieves. SC has the serial numbers that were linked to both drives.

_________________
KNOW THYSELF


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:20 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4053
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 172 times
earthling12357 wrote:
From:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22012&p=307090&hilit=+gem#p307090

DannyG2006 wrote:
There has been theft of the GEMS in CT. I have had two hard drives stolen in the past year that contained the GEM series. I have since moved away from the thieves. SC has the serial numbers that were linked to both drives.

Thank you for reminding me. I don't always remember every post I make.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech