KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I run a Karaoke business in Virginia and Im being sued by Sound Choice for Trademark Violations what should I do? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Quote:
Basically if we have made a "mistake" and the KJ is really
clean and honest, it's not a big deal to correct. Although we file the
suit, we also do not SERVE the person without giving them notice and the
opportunity to negotiate or correct things. The easier a person is to
work with and the faster they settle up, the more cooperative we are in
return.

Here is how my people have operated for generations. If Mr Slep wants to walk into one of my shows and introduce himself as a gentleman and a man I will honor his presence and discuss with him any thing that we might have a problem with.
This includes my using his trademark in an illegal manner, promoting his or my business or anything either of us wants to discuss. We might even go toa strip show and I will show him the town.

This is how professionals operate.I have done this with engineers from Valley dart boards (we spent the weekend in the Hunt Club Fort Collins) and many other company reps. We do not hae to spy on competition or do not have the time to spend in court battles. I have a business to run and I run it in the tradtions of my Father And his Father. Tha means I can look you n the eyes and shake your hand.

I am almost retired now but everybody on this forum knows who am where I am and what I stand for.. I welcome anybody here to come out spend a weekend doing karaoke and/or a weekend at the Hunt Club. Lighten up for Christs sake..

huntclub

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
karyoker @ Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 am wrote:
Quote:
Basically if we have made a "mistake" and the KJ is really
clean and honest, it's not a big deal to correct. Although we file the
suit, we also do not SERVE the person without giving them notice and the
opportunity to negotiate or correct things. The easier a person is to
work with and the faster they settle up, the more cooperative we are in
return.

Here is how my people have operated for generations. If Mr Slep wants to walk into one of my shows and introduce himself as a gentleman and a man I will honor his presence and discuss with him any thing that we might have a problem with.
This includes my using his trademark in an illegal manner, promoting his or my business or anything either of us wants to discuss. We might even go toa strip show and I will show him the town.

This is how professionals operate.I have done this with engineers from Valley dart boards (we spent the weekend in the Hunt Club Fort Collins) and many other company reps. We do not hae to spy on competition or do not have the time to spend in court battles. I have a business to run and I run it in the tradtions of my Father And his Father. Tha means I can look you n the eyes and shake your hand.

I am almost retired now but everybody on this forum knows who am where I am and what I stand for.. I welcome anybody here to come out spend a weekend doing karaoke and/or a weekend at the Hunt Club. Lighten up for Christs sake..

huntclub

Show him around Ft. Collins? Not a lot of town to show him! :lol: I kid, I'm a born Coloradan, so I gotta rib ya a bit :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:23 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Lone Wolf @ Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 am wrote:
rogerniner @ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm wrote:
"a. What are the condition of the ripped CDG? To me, perfect graphics are suspect where glitched graphics indicate the person probably performed the ripping themselves."

I like your suggestions, but this one can be a big false positive. I rip all of my discs, and I recently found only one glitched graphic out of at least 100 tracks over the last month. And I always re-rip songs that have glitched graphics, to ensure it's perfect.

I have to agree with rogerniner on this one. I check all my rips and rerip if they show sighs of distortion or glitches.
I think that if you have glitched graphics this could be a sign of a pirate as the original ripper didn't care what the results were he just wanted to get it uploaded to the net thus anyone d/l them could get bad copies due to the original ripper doing a shoddy job or a glitch in the net giving the d/ler a bad copy.

Not necessarily, I had a couple older disc players (one Pioneer, one JVC) that would sometimes garble graphics on some brand new discs that play perfect on the computer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Quote:
Show him around Ft. Collins? Not a lot of town to show him! Laughing I kid, I'm a born Coloradan, so I gotta rib ya a bit Very Happy

ROFL

Oer the years I have worn out 3 plextors. The old Pioneer lasres esp in a smoky bar would get dirty opicsand would have garbled tect but the first sign was usually audio dropouts. The problems I had was with the first 300 cd's that had seen a lot of show use before I ripped them ( I was one of the first ripping the new smaller cd's. and have run digital karaoke for almost a deccade) In those days we would use the shacks cd scratch kit and try to clean and get all the glitches out. One of the reasons I switched was I was getting tired of cleaning optics on a regular basis. In a smoky bar they should be cleaned eery month or two. The audio quality gradually deterioaes.

It doesnt take an investigator or smarts to detect a pirate. The firts telltalesign is by the books. They have books with different naming formas and a lot of typos. They might even have books wih differnt libraries. They seem toacquire a huge library overnight.

Ask anybody in the bar. Singers and regulars know who cheats and who doesnt. There are regs that have drank in karaoke bars for years and know it inside out and have never sang. Wheher a host is using discs or computer has nothing to do with proof.

With all the hoopla ans socalled knowledge here I am surprised that nobody seems to have the experience of years of ripping and problems of buildng a legal library. Tere isstill a lot of guessing about the tecgnical aspects and laws. It is all speculation.

I have spent years pecking on a keyboard renaming, getting rid of typos, dups and printing books with different formats. I know hosts tha have done the same thing and we all have a huge pride and attitude. We can spot a pirate 2 minues after walking into one of their shows. Thats why I wonder about most of the crap Iread on these threads.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
The types of glaring errors made by SC by including certain hosts in their suits (in particular naming a KJs as PC based when they are disc, or naming a KJ that in actuality doesn't work at the venue in question at all) gives the impression that no "investigating" is actually done at all, and that this is really just a "names in the hat" dragline approach.

Could I be wrong? Sure. However, this IS the imression that is left..

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:56 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Just for curiousity, does anyone know if Sound Choice has made a sweep in the Myrtle Beach area?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just for curiosity when is the Colorado sweep? You better pack a lunch and be prepared to all of a sudden become a professional company instead of thugs, I have relations in KS too. You want me? Come threaten me! I have one word for you SCORPONIO If you want me you will go thru Mexico first. Bring it thugs!!

i

??"? n