KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - To Kurt Slep CEO Sound Choice Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Sir: My empathy with you and Sound Choice runs from many years and yes I realize your frustrations. I am presently 69 and get food from the food bank.Kurt I have bought your cd's with social security money and realized over the years I spent a lot of money on tracks which were never used. I just wish you would put the blame upon your congressional reps who have failed us miserably.

RIAA went on a rampage which did not accomplish anything but turned the public against the broken music industry. Your present course in Arizona will yield the same results. A few weeks ago I spent about 30 of my cell phone minutes with Frank Crowder of Roxbox about encrypted downloads. This would give us honest hosts a lever against the preloaded hard drives and if planned right could give everybody the chance to get legal. You really never gave us any advantage over the pirates but insulted us all with your accusations.

Solutions? I have no immediate curealls but would suggest working with independent artists. Provide downloads. If the producers balk then use independents. This insanity has bankrupted us all and at this time we have to cut our losses and plan a marketing scheme that will work and provide a profit for those who try to be legal.

Regards
Olllie Smith
Cabaret Karaoke

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:42 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
What ^^ said..

And welcome to 2009, the age of computers..

(I'm just sayin')

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 31 times
I'm working tonight. I have 20 singers, and I've downloaded to two songs from tricerasoft by request. If SC had the option I would have gladly gotten the songs from them.

As it is, I've spent $4, not $40 to buy two different CDs with a bunch of songs I don't want so I can have the songs "next week" (possibly, depending on the mail) if those singers bother to show up. :roll:

I'm sure pirates have had an effect, but simple economics, and technology make disks a stupid investment.

I LOVE SC, and I would be devastated if something happened to a company that has produced some really classic covers of the greatest music ever written. I've spent a lot of money getting their complete foundations series and tons of disks over the years, but they have no one to blame but themselves for their predicament. If they'd stayed current and adjusted their business model to reflect this (including moving overseas if needs be), they wouldn't be where they are.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Downloads are needed.

Any karaoke host that has been working at the job for a while probably only needs a couple songs on any individual disk that they may not already own. That means they would happily spend $2 or $3 to purchase a song by download, if that resource was out there.

I am sure someone has argued that once downloads are allowed then they will be shared. There might be some truth to that, but the files from the CDs are being widely shared anyway.

I bet the main reason SC does not allow downloads is that they negotiated contracts with the songwriters for the songs they made that specified a certain maximum number of copies to be sold, and the re-negotiation of the contracts would be a lot of work.

I aplaud you for attempting to obey copyright law.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
The best way to make the distribution of ILLEGAL items go away ..DRUGS -MUSIC - sex...... WHATEVER..is to make it LEGALLY AFFORDABLE !!!!

Then the MONEY goes in the proper pockets instead of the THIEVES pockets.

Put the money were it belongs ...IN THE POCKETS OF THE CORPORATE THIEVES AND GREEDY S.O.B'S :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: