KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaosoft Beta "Sing Next" Song Request Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
weren't remote request systems for lazy hosts? :roll:


No, that would be kiosks that require singers to get up from their seat and find their own song.

no, kisok systems use the customers phone from their seat as well and anybody can do it that way.
point number one you are completely wrong about.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
This is different. It's just a paper slip without the paper.

and a step backwards. now when a singer puts in a song that does not even exist on karaoke, what happens? at least with a paper slip i could tell the singer it doesn't exist...not that they would put it in because they have the book there....
point number two you are completely wrong about.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
The easiest way for a singer to tell you the song that they already know.

and keep singers singing the same 5 songs forever. way to kill a show.
point number three you are completely wrong about
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I know you think it's the singer's job to "lookup" their own song, but we're just going to have to disagree on that one.

if they want to sing a song, their job is to let me know which song. a non-lazy host will have a system that will tell a singer "sorry, we don't have that song" so they don't keep waiting for nothing.
point number four you are completely wrong about
Bob Latshaw wrote:
This just makes the singers job easier.

no, it means that either the singer will keep waiting for their turn and never be called because the song does not exist on karaoke (if they go to your lazy host who won't leave his throne) or a more engageg quality host will now have to hunt down this mystery singer and tell them it doesn't exist and pick a different song (which likely ends up with yet another non existent request).
point number five you are completely wrong about
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Crazy concept, right?

this IS the craziest concept i have heard yet, that is true.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
My competitors only try to make the KJs happy.

your competitors make things easier for the singers to see what they want and request songs which actually requires more work on the part of the KJ to keep the system up to date and accurate for them.
point number six you are completely wrong about
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I also make sure singers are happy by not letting anything out the door that requires any more work on their part.

they can't look to see what songs a host has, that somehow makes things easier for them?
point number seven you are completely wrong about
Bob Latshaw wrote:
It's their night off.

this is true
Bob Latshaw wrote:
They're not getting paid to lookup songs. You are. Act like it.

we do, every night. the fact that you can only sing 2 songs is not MY fault. other people look up new songs to try, but having to go ask his highness at his throne if he has it instead of sitting at your seat with friends is the problem.
can you explain how singers putting in songs that don't exist because they can not look them up is making things better for them?

my system does not make singers get up from their seat any more than yours does, they can use their phone just like yours which you called lazy. if anything, they have to get up less bacause if they ask for a song.....get ready for this......I'M GUARANTEED TO HAVE IT BECAUSE MY SYSTEM WON'T LET THEM PUT IN A REQUEST FOR A SONG THAT ISN'T OUT.
your preferred method requires singers to get up and go to the king (i mean lazy KJ you love) and tell him what song you want.
all this system does is make the KJ's work even more by having to hunt down the singer and tell them "sorry, but the song Lick My Love Pump by Spinal Tap is not on karaoke, pick something else", or do you specifically cater to thieves who have 200,000 stolen songs and use YouTube?
Jesus Bob, can you get any more half a$$ed and understand the karaoke business any less?

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
weren't remote request systems for lazy hosts? :roll:


No, that would be kiosks that require singers to get up from their seat and find their own song. This is different. It's just a paper slip without the paper. The easiest way for a singer to tell you the song that they already know. I know you think it's the singer's job to "lookup" their own song, but we're just going to have to disagree on that one. This just makes the singers job easier. Crazy concept, right?

My competitors only try to make the KJs happy. I also make sure singers are happy by not letting anything out the door that requires any more work on their part. It's their night off. They're not getting paid to lookup songs. You are. Act like it.

When I go to a show as a singer, I hate it when there's no way to see what a host has. Before buy on the fly, I hated to ask a host if he had the song that I wanted to sing. So you absolutely know nothing about what singers want. I prefer having the ability to know what the host had. In fact I walk out of shows that I have to walk up to ask if they have such and such a song.
In fact the first thing that goes through my mind if a host doesn't have a way to look through hos library either by book, phone app or kiosk is that this host has something to hide like maybe not legally buying their music.


That's what songbooks and SongbooksLive are for, but most of the time people already know what they want to sing. Unless the song is very new, it should be safe to assume that a KJ would have it. As a singer, I don't want to be forced to look something up just to be reassured the KJ has it. That's the KJs job to see if he or she has it. If he or she doesn't have it, they're more than welcome to walk over to my table and tell me, because if they don't have it, it's their job (and duty) to walk the walk of shame over to my table to tell me the one thing all KJs should be embarrassed to say, "Sorry I don't have that song". What better motivator to get you off your butt and get the songs that people want? That's my perspective as a singer, and I'm sticking with it.

I've also been spoiled by the best KJs here in Baltimore, so my standards are pretty high at this point, but there's no reason singers shouldn't expect the same high standards in your town.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
mrmarog wrote:
Karaosoft just announced an ad-on beta app for a wireless song request here: http://singnext.com/?fbclid=IwAR3-xevJp ... JIBHwl_Jdw

Currently it has no automated features, so the info has to be transferred by the KJ.


mrmarog, I have no problem with you announcing this, but why was this posted under "Karaoke Legalities & Piracy" topic? Just curious.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3342
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1461 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Karaosoft just announced an ad-on beta app for a wireless song request here: http://singnext.com/?fbclid=IwAR3-xevJp ... JIBHwl_Jdw

Currently it has no automated features, so the info has to be transferred by the KJ.

mrmarog, I have no problem with you announcing this, but why was this posted under "Karaoke Legalities & Piracy" topic? Just curious.

Mostly because it is the "most viewed" part of the forum. Secondly, I grabbed the wrong subgroup of this group.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4493
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 231 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
weren't remote request systems for lazy hosts? :roll:


No, that would be kiosks that require singers to get up from their seat and find their own song. This is different. It's just a paper slip without the paper. The easiest way for a singer to tell you the song that they already know. I know you think it's the singer's job to "lookup" their own song, but we're just going to have to disagree on that one. This just makes the singers job easier. Crazy concept, right?

My competitors only try to make the KJs happy. I also make sure singers are happy by not letting anything out the door that requires any more work on their part. It's their night off. They're not getting paid to lookup songs. You are. Act like it.

When I go to a show as a singer, I hate it when there's no way to see what a host has. Before buy on the fly, I hated to ask a host if he had the song that I wanted to sing. So you absolutely know nothing about what singers want. I prefer having the ability to know what the host had. In fact I walk out of shows that I have to walk up to ask if they have such and such a song.
In fact the first thing that goes through my mind if a host doesn't have a way to look through hos library either by book, phone app or kiosk is that this host has something to hide like maybe not legally buying their music.


That's what songbooks and SongbooksLive are for, but most of the time people already know what they want to sing. Unless the song is very new, it should be safe to assume that a KJ would have it. As a singer, I don't want to be forced to look something up just to be reassured the KJ has it. That's the KJs job to see if he or she has it. If he or she doesn't have it, they're more than welcome to walk over to my table and tell me, because if they don't have it, it's their job (and duty) to walk the walk of shame over to my table to tell me the one thing all KJs should be embarrassed to say, "Sorry I don't have that song". What better motivator to get you off your butt and get the songs that people want? That's my perspective as a singer, and I'm sticking with it.

I've also been spoiled by the best KJs here in Baltimore, so my standards are pretty high at this point, but there's no reason singers shouldn't expect the same high standards in your town.

So if the host has both the request app and Songbooks Live, I would have to do more work than if it was all in one app. Kinda defeats the purpose. I don't want to be in one app to find out what the host has and then have to open another app for submitting the request and then repeat those steps of switching between apps.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
That's what songbooks and SongbooksLive are for

so in order to use your system, they have to pay for a redundant system to make yours work.
way to half (@$%&#!) it Bob.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
but most of the time people already know what they want to sing.

most of our singers have large lists of songs, (we all have a few Bob Latshaws that sing 2 songs, but most of us have singers with varied lists). taking away their browsing options just ensures the show never changes. another failure on your part.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Unless the song is very new, it should be safe to assume that a KJ would have it.

only if that host is a pirate, which real hosts do not support that at all.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
As a singer, I don't want to be forced to look something up just to be reassured the KJ has it.

that's assuming you are asking for a song that exists on karaoke.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
That's the KJs job to see if he or she has it.

my, arent we entitled?
Bob Latshaw wrote:
If he or she doesn't have it, they're more than welcome to walk over to my table and tell me, because if they don't have it, it's their job (and duty) to walk the walk of shame over to my table to tell me the one thing all KJs should be embarrassed to say, "Sorry I don't have that song".

because every host should have every song ever made just in case Bob Latshaw want's it. we are not pirates here, nor will we be. you should be ashamed of yourself encouraging this kind of activity as a designer.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
What better motivator to get you off your butt and get the songs that people want?

more often than not, when someone asks for a song i don't have, it is either brand new, or does not even exist. what would you suggest i do with the list of never made on karaoke songs they give me Bob?
Bob Latshaw wrote:
That's my perspective as a singer, and I'm sticking with it.

no problem, stick with your two songs.

Bob Latshaw wrote:
I've also been spoiled by the best KJs here in Baltimore, so my standards are pretty high at this point]/quote]
oh yes...the king who forces his loyal subjects to GET OUT OF THEIR SEAT and go ask his highness for the song. we think our singers are better than that, but you go with it sparky.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
but there's no reason singers shouldn't expect the same high standards in your town.

our singers expect more than a king on his throne doing what makes HIS job easier.
our singers don't have to get up to request songs, you do.
our singers don't deal with songs that are not on karaoke, you do.
our singers do not have to memorize what songs they may want to sing, you do.
our singers can browse the songs we just added, you cannot.
our singers can browse the whole book and get new ideas, you cannot.
you get to walk up and hope the host is a thief and owns everything, ours get to sit and enjoy their night.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
So if the host has both the request app and Songbooks Live, I would have to do more work than if it was all in one app. Kinda defeats the purpose. I don't want to be in one app to find out what the host has and then have to open another app for submitting the request and then repeat those steps of switching between apps.


It doesn't defeat any purpose. I see what you're saying though. Wouldn't it be great if while looking through the book, they could just send it to the KJ and have it automatically added?

Ten steps ahead of you. Just haven't built the rest yet. There will be a special site for "KJ approved" singers only. These people will have special access to an even better, more detailed catalog than Songbooks Live has, that includes version info and allows them to add themselves to the rotation and add their own songs. Higher ranking (more trusted) members will be able to add others to the rotation and manage it all from their phone and can view their entire history of every song ever sent to a Karma KJ. The domain name for this site will be CroonClub.com. Still under construction, so going there won't yet give you any further insight, but you get the idea. Also coming soon, KarmaRemote.com, which will use this newly built slip network to send special automatic command slips, so you can control most Karma functions from across the room on your phone.

…but wait there's more.....order now and we'll throw in a RequestNext.com for DJ, Video, and Filler music requests, and not only with built in Karma support, but it's own separate app for DJs that will be Karaosoft's first app available in the Windows Store.

Well those are the current plans. Let's see what gets built first.

Some of the things that are already built are gathering some great data. Every slip from SingNext.com also grabs the GPS location and this gives us information like which artists are more popular in what areas. Not just America, but the entire planet. If someone requests "Cold as Ice" from the North Pole, we'll know. Plugin some new Microsoft .Net Machine Learning code to sort out the anomalies and we're left with some extremely useful data.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.
my singers can already log into their own histories, add songs themselves (if the host allows that), see version (including which version they usually sing), key change (whatever key change they did last time), last time sung (sang?), how many times they have sang it as well, can put the song in their rotation, switch the order of their songs (they decide to change their song to keep with the current song choices), remove songs from their rotation (they decide they don't want to do that one after all)....
all from the comfort of their seat while enjoying their night off with friends.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Last edited by Paradigm Karaoke on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


Siglos is crap. Stop lying.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


That $99 app from Poland? Please....

How many Polacks does it take to make a karaoke app?

They do make some very useful tools though. I must confess, the very early versions of Karma used an activeX CDG engine made by PowerKaraoke. It was a CPU hog and we ended up using something else, but I do have respect for some of their products. It's just in the ones that overlap and compete with Karaosoft that I don't see eye to eye with them, but that's the beauty of competition. You consumers get plenty to choose from because us engineers are hard headed over what's the best way to do something.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22504
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1983 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Unless the song is very new, it should be safe to assume that a KJ would have it.
Pretty blanketed statement - unless you are talking pirate shows. I get requests all the time for songs that I do not yet have that have been out for a while. I see kj's posting lists of their 'new' songs every week that i've had for years that they are just now getting. I would never assume a kj has a song I want to sing just because it's been out for a while, I would (as a singer) want to browse their selection either by phone app, kiosk or plain old fashioned printed book (which is my all time preference). When I can see their selection it might give me other ideas or might even see something i've wanted to sing but no one has ever had before.
Now if you could incorporate something for singer history that would show everything they've done (with key change, how many times, last time, if they added it to try next time, etc) from their phone, THAT would be something.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:02 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4493
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 231 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Karaosoft just announced an ad-on beta app for a wireless song request here: http://singnext.com/?fbclid=IwAR3-xevJp ... JIBHwl_Jdw

Currently it has no automated features, so the info has to be transferred by the KJ.


mrmarog, I have no problem with you announcing this, but why was this posted under "Karaoke Legalities & Piracy" topic? Just curious.

It probably was because I made the statement that it's possible for someone who doesn't have books, a kiosk or mobile app that tells me what the host has seems to look like they have something to hide like maybe not legally buying their music that got this into the legalities section. If so. I will take the blame. After all it's the first thing that goes through my mind if I am at a show that has no way to tell what they have. It's not my job to guess what they have or don't have. It's the host's job to provide that information but it's not hos job to just drop what he's doing just to browse his computer to see if he has the song. It's to provide either by book, kiosk or phone app a list of songs that he has. Otherwise in my opinion a hack.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4493
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 231 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Karaosoft just announced an ad-on beta app for a wireless song request here: http://singnext.com/?fbclid=IwAR3-xevJp ... JIBHwl_Jdw

Currently it has no automated features, so the info has to be transferred by the KJ.


mrmarog, I have no problem with you announcing this, but why was this posted under "Karaoke Legalities & Piracy" topic? Just curious.

It probably was because I made the statement that it's possible for someone who doesn't have books, a kiosk or mobile app that tells me what the host has seems to look like they have something to hide like maybe not legally buying their music that got this into the legalities section. If so. I will take the blame. After all it's the first thing that goes through my mind if I am at a show that has no way to tell what they have. It's not my job to guess what they have or don't have. It's the host's job to provide that information but it's not hos job to just drop what he's doing just to browse his computer to see if he has the song. It's to provide either by book, kiosk or phone app a list of songs that he has. Otherwise in my opinion a hack.

I would say that I am sorry but the truth is that I am not. I stand by my opinion.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 54 times
I am a Songbookslive user.

Personally I do not like looking thru my library for someone just to see if I have the song they wish while I have a current singer performing. I am giving my all to the current singer and setting up for other singers. I do not always have the time to give by way of conversation that will invariably become "Oh, never mind that song, I just thought of another, what about ....." while I am still typing to look for their 1st curious request. They will continue with another and another and another winding up interfering with the flow of the show. If I do it for one I'll wind up doing it for all and my rotation will slow down. Most of these types are Millennial Snowflakes that lack any semblance of respect for anything or anyone ANYHOW. I've had them defy me over the cupping of mics. I bet they were born with a little squiggly pink tail, too!

What I do is show them from a white board (that they may take to their table) on where my songbook is located on the web. If I do not have the song they want then they can request, 1) a song I do have and, another 2) that I do not have when they bring their request up. If I can download the song that is not in my library that will be their song when it is their turn. Otherwise it will be the other one I do have in the library. That way they do not have to keep coming up bugging me to death and they can continue to destroy the remaining 3 brain cells in their heads' tiny arsenal with the alcohol they are there to abuse anyway.

This is one reason why I have Songbookslive.com. The other reason is that I will never have physical books ever again devoted to these Millennial Snowflake Arnold Ziffel Green Acre types' destruction. Actually, Arnold was a genius by comparison.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm
Posts: 177
Been Liked: 90 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


Siglos is crap. Stop lying.

You may think Siglos is crap, but truth be told you are trying to catch up to features that have been part of the software for a while now. You have to wake up and smell the coffee. While you were ranting about using a kiosk or cell phone for sending in request is only for lazy KJs, other companies have passed you by because they listened to their user. Now you want to add these features .... please.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
Lonman wrote:
Now if you could incorporate something for singer history that would show everything they've done (with key change, how many times, last time, if they added it to try next time, etc) from their phone, THAT would be something.

Siglos already has that, which is why he is trying to play catchup

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


Siglos is crap. Stop lying.

no lying....
they have what you are trying to develop.
fact... used it again at tonights show.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1091 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


Bob Latshaw wrote:
That $99 app from Poland? Please....

the one you are trying to catch up to in features...yes.

Bob Latshaw wrote:
How many Polacks does it take to make a karaoke app?

jumping straight into insults and name calling against those you are trying to catch up to...classy.

Bob Latshaw wrote:
They do make some very useful tools though.

quite true
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I must confess, the very early versions of Karma used an activeX CDG engine made by PowerKaraoke. It was a CPU hog and we ended up using something else, but I do have respect for some of their products.

i would hardly call 3.5% cpu a "hog", considering Karma 2019.3.12 is sitting between 4% and 6%
Bob Latshaw wrote:
It's just in the ones that overlap and compete with Karaosoft that I don't see eye to eye with them, but that's the beauty of competition.

that is the most civilized thing i have seen you say, and i agree.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
You consumers get plenty to choose from because us engineers are hard headed over what's the best way to do something.

almost...BOB LATSHAW is hard headed. Piotr at Power Karaoke is very open to user suggestions and innovations which is why we have the features that you are looking to build and implement into Karma. guess those Pollacks are not so dumb after all.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:04 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
oh look....he's trying to catch up to Siglos.


Siglos is crap. Stop lying.

no lying....
they have what you are trying to develop.
fact... used it again at tonights show.



I know you'd like to think that. It makes you feel like you're running the thing that everyone else is trying to beat. I've never even installed Siglos. You're under this impression that programmers try to copy each other. Not true at all. We all have our own opinions of design, which, is why most of us got into this field in the first place. There are things that other apps first came out with and there are also many things Karaosoft first came out with. I don't know Siglos capabilities at all. Never claimed to. Again, stop lying. Your creditability keeps taking a huge hit every time you do. Next thing you know, I'll be ignoring you like Chip because you've proven you're speaking out of an orifice that wasn't intended to be spoken out of. Learn to speak to truth. Maybe you'll get somewhere in life other than pretending to know what you're talking about on a forum where you can hide you name and your face and for a little moment and feel special. I'm glad you like your Siglos. Stick with it. Tout it. Be proud of it. But for God's sake, stop lying to make your points. Kinda makes you an A-hole.


Last edited by Bob Latshaw on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 40
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 2 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
almost...BOB LATSHAW is hard headed. Piotr at Power Karaoke is very open to user suggestions and innovations which is why we have the features that you are looking to build and implement into Karma. guess those Pollacks are not so dumb after all.


Piotr is a nice guy (who needs suggestions). I completely agree. Personally I like to buy things from companies who already know what they're doing. Karaosoft customers get that. Power Karaoke customers don't.

...and they don't take all suggestions. Clearly they didn't take the suggestion that asked them to make an app that doesn't look like crap and is intuitive.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DannyG2006 and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech