KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice proposal Yey or ney?? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am
Posts: 458
Been Liked: 112 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
PEP isn't about going after pirates, at least as far as the industry is concerned. So long as the pirates don't have a hard drive full of SC or CB (Very unlikely I know), there isn't anything for them to sue over. Don't expect SC to be the police of the industry unless they can make a profit off it.

they actively asked for leads and have sued other legit hosts in areas where pirate leads have been given.
i know i have reported, but those pirates have never been touched while legit hosts and some different pirates were investigated.
it's the same story everywhere, reporting a pirate is like handing them immunity.

Toastedmuffin wrote:
As for the HELP program: I also don't understand why anyone would actively use PEP's HELP program over a subscription service. For the same $129/month, Karaoke Versions gives you more tracks and updates 5 days a week with new music.

because with the HELP program you get 200,000 songs


I SO agree about the immunity deal ::sigh:: no one I ever reported was ever bothered, however my friend who owned every CD they played was victim to a lawsuit. :(

As for the 200,000 songs... total old stock. It's 2018, I'm on Greatest Showman and stuff... The old stock is zero HELP to people like you and I.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4621
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1044 times
remember...once you have the HELP license, they only care about SC.
you can still download all the new songs that you and i don't even have for free.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:55 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: New York City
Been Liked: 732 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
because with the HELP program you get 200,000 songs

Not quite... HELP is NOT giving you the use of 200,00 song tracks. It's all on you as to how you obtain the use of 200,000 song tracks (or whatever number of tracks you manage to obtain). With the HELP program, you get to have PEP/SC look the other way when you are not 1:1 or you do not have the original discs.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4621
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1044 times
cueball wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
because with the HELP program you get 200,000 songs

Not quite... HELP is NOT giving you the use of 200,00 song tracks. It's all on you as to how you obtain the use of 200,000 song tracks (or whatever number of tracks you manage to obtain). With the HELP program, you get to have PEP/SC look the other way when you are not 1:1 or you do not have the original discs.

precisely my point.
he was saying "As for the HELP program: I also don't understand why anyone would actively use PEP's HELP program over a subscription service. For the same $129/month, Karaoke Versions gives you more tracks and updates 5 days a week with new music."
which is untrue, if they are getting the HELP license, they already stole all their music. you can easily download anything you want through torrents including the newest discs from Zoom, Mr Entertainer, Sunfly, SBI, etc for free.
with a streaming service you can not get all the SC only tracks, but with HELP you can and still get everything else that would be on that streaming service for free.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:45 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:21 am
Posts: 30
Been Liked: 3 times
HELP license is only SC/PEP turning a blind eye though, nothing stopping anyone else taking legal action.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
GenerationX wrote:
HELP license is only SC/PEP turning a blind eye though, nothing stopping anyone else taking legal action.
Who else would take legal action? Kj's are small potatoes - only time i've ever seen a kj get named in a lawsuit that was using all burned discs in a club being sued by ASCAP (or BMI) for not paying their performance fees about 25 years ago.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:12 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4621
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1044 times
GenerationX wrote:
HELP license is only SC/PEP turning a blind eye though, nothing stopping anyone else taking legal action.

and that was precisely my point.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:04 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 3402
Been Liked: 387 times
Lonman wrote:
GenerationX wrote:
HELP license is only SC/PEP turning a blind eye though, nothing stopping anyone else taking legal action.
Who else would take legal action? Kj's are small potatoes - only time i've ever seen a kj get named in a lawsuit that was using all burned discs in a club being sued by ASCAP (or BMI) for not paying their performance fees about 25 years ago.



8) Such small potatoes that it is truly bottom feeding on SC/PEP's part. Anytime they want to beat the legal drum, old Jimbo shows up with some new line of baloney. Baloney no matter how you slice it is still BALONEY. Sure you can fry it up in a pan, but it is still BALONEY.
Pretty soon they might have to eat their own one trick pony, then they will really be out of business.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:14 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am
Posts: 458
Been Liked: 112 times
Truth is if you are going to steal music, you're going to steal it regardless of what brand it is. As I've said, a pirate who doesn't use SC/CB products (although unlikely) would be free and clear of PEP's lawsuits.

But since I am only referring to SC/PEP's HELP license in this case... you are better off spending the $129 with KV services.

If for some reason a pirate suddenly decided they want to get legal (yeah, right), a reoccurring subscription with access to new and legal music works better then a contracted monthly trademark license rental. After all is really what HELP is: PEP won't sue over trademark infringement, but you're still responsible with BMI, ASCAP, etc..


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:03 pm
Posts: 175
Been Liked: 41 times
" Sound Choice proposal Yey or ney?? "

Not only nay, but HELL nay!!!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 188
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 45 times
PEP/SC is irrelevant. It is unbelievable just how much attention they garner on this site and threads of which even I have participated in.

The only redeeming aspect I find about them and what they have done and try to do is that some of us have learned a bit about law and litigation. Even at that, I consider it has been a waste of my precious time and yours, too.

Their HELP license really sullied their entire business in my eyes. They eagerly grabbed hold of becoming the EVIL EMPIRE. They now rule over squat. Where is that poop emoji? I need one for them.

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me

I'm just sayin'.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:07 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6753
Songs: 1
Location: Hollyweird, Ca.
Been Liked: 738 times
dvdgdry wrote:
PEP/SC is irrelevant. It is unbelievable just how much attention they garner on this site and threads of which even I have participated in.

The only redeeming aspect I find about them and what they have done and try to do is that some of us have learned a bit about law and litigation. Even at that, I consider it has been a waste of my precious time and yours, too.

Their HELP license really sullied their entire business in my eyes. They eagerly grabbed hold of becoming the EVIL EMPIRE. They now rule over squat. Where is that poop emoji? I need one for them.


Attachment:
poop.jpg
poop.jpg [ 16.86 KiB | Viewed 1405 times ]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3283
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1427 times
Sound Choice Limited Time And Limited Quantity... Ya Right!

To take advantage of this limited opportunity, you must call or email us.

<SNIPPED>

OFFER ENDS SOON

Several months now and still going


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3567
Images: 13
Been Liked: 1365 times
Eyebrow raising moment from sc email of 6/12/2018

"In a four-hour show, you can only play about 60 songs, so you don't need to have tens of thousands of songs - you just need the RIGHT songs! And the GEM Series includes 99% of the songs you need.

You will be eligible to purchase future Sound Choice® produced songs at a substantial discount.

When we contact venues in your area we will put you on a referral list for karaoke services; our KJs tell us this is one of their favorite aspects of being a licensee.

Everything is going to subscription (aka "the pay forever plan") as you have likely seen with many other programs you might utilize in your personal and professional lives. That is the license model that major publishers are pushing as well and the model that we will be going to soon for our GEM product. However, you can take advantage of this special and get your copy of the GEM Series now before the remaining sets become available only under a subscription".

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
I can say out of my songs that are done over the years - the GEM comes no where close to handling 99% of them. "Maybe" 50% if I were to guesstimate and that MIGHT be a generous guess, i'd have to compare my top 500 lists to the GEM list.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 2932
Been Liked: 669 times
I have purchased and own all of my karaoke tracks. I would never rent my music or pay for a subscription service.

Now I know the argument goes that it's a good way to acquire a complete library of songs when you're new and just starting out.

Well, let me tell you something my friends. You don't need thousands of songs to start out. I can run a successful show on only 500 songs. That's right. Because no matter how many songs you have, it's the same tried and true classics that get sung week after week.

So, put your money towards owning instead of renting. Start off slow with some core sets and build it up from there. It may take longer but in the end you'll own all of your songs and have something to show for the money spent.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
Alan B wrote:
Well, let me tell you something my friends. You don't need thousands of songs to start out. I can run a successful show on only 500 songs. That's right. Because no matter how many songs you have, it's the same tried and true classics that get sung week after week.

I disagree with only tried and true classics getting done week after week, sure it'll happen but if that is all you have - of course that is all that'll get done. However at our show I get more and more obscure songs getting done than I ever have and I seriously believe it's because I have them and they see them (either in the printed book or the phone app). Without song listings of some sort, some singers will think of other than mainstream and do it but the most will not, if they don't see it - it's out of mind and they'll stick with what they know week after week.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3283
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1427 times
Song books rule!! They are the reason so many different songs get sung at my venues. Without them it would pretty much be the classics.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
mrmarog wrote:
Song books rule!! They are the reason so many different songs get sung at my venues. Without them it would pretty much be the classics.

Having physical songbooks is great for those still living in the flip phone age or before that but the phone apps allow those who have smartphones to free up the books for singers who don't have smartphones. Books are in limited quantities whereas most carry smartphones. Not everyone but a vast majority of them have smartphones and in this age of lazyness, I have worked at or been to shows where some singers have chosen to sing from their seat, I have not been to places in this century that actually had a stage area for the singers, with the exception of a short lived gig at a place where the owners couldn't make up their minds on anything.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3283
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1427 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Song books rule!! They are the reason so many different songs get sung at my venues. Without them it would pretty much be the classics.

Having physical songbooks is great for those still living in the flip phone age or before that but the phone apps allow those who have smartphones to free up the books for singers who don't have smartphones. Books are in limited quantities whereas most carry smartphones. Not everyone but a vast majority of them have smartphones and in this age of lazyness, I have worked at or been to shows where some singers have chosen to sing from their seat, I have not been to places in this century that actually had a stage area for the singers, with the exception of a short lived gig at a place where the owners couldn't make up their minds on anything.

"Ummm", Danny, Why do people write and sell so many books..... it's because people prefer books. Smartphones are not the "go to" for everything. Secondly you must live in a rat hole society if nowhere, that has karaoke, has a stage to sing from. What fun would that be? I truly feel sorry for you :cry: I can't think of a single place I've been to in the last 20 years that didn't have a dedicated stage/spot for the singer to sing from.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech