KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - robbed by karosoft/latshaw systems Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1428 times
That was seven years ago and Bob wasn't married then and didn't have any children either. I think the stress of family life has gotten to him. :lol:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 748 times
Brian A wrote:
RLC wrote:
Quote: RE: From LS WEBSITE: Product Suggestion
Latshaw Systems Tech Support
Thu 9/29/2011, 8:36 PM

Thank You,
That's a good idea. I'll add it to the list.
How did you come out of that conversation unscathed??? :D

I was just going to say that. The civility of the tone in Bob's response. Impressive! :lol:

Senility?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 500 times
Brian A wrote:
RLC wrote:

Thank You,

I was just going to say that. The civility of the tone in Bob's response. Impressive! :lol:

Civility shouldn't have to be impressive, it should be the standard. It's used by thousands and thousands of customer service/support people around the globe.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 674 times
c. staley wrote:
Brian A wrote:
RLC wrote:

Thank You,

Civility shouldn't have to be impressive, it should be the standard. It's used by thousands and thousands of customer service/support people around the globe.

Totally agree with this. As a CompuHost user for many, many years, the support has always been outstanding. But let me tell you something... No matter how much I love CompuHost, if the customer support was bad, I would not be using it. You people who continue to use Karma and support Bob, knowing how he treats his customers are a bunch of idiots.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 1902 times
Same with Hoster - they are pretty much on top of any issues that may arise.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:49 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 563 times
Alan B wrote:
Totally agree with this. As a CompuHost user for many, many years, the support has always been outstanding. But let me tell you something... No matter how much I love CompuHost, if the customer support was bad, I would not be using it. You people who continue to use Karma and support Bob, knowing how he treats his customers are a bunch of idiots.

Before you call me an idiot Alan:
I purchased my Karaosoft software products from 2006 -2010 and only paid for them once!
I don’t see how that is continuing to support Bob.
I have been able to figure out how to use his software on my own…and I believe that is actually better than constantly contacting customer support…so I don’t need his “customer support” (term used very loosely)
His products work flawlessly for me, always have. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is!
I try hard to not recommend his products but sometimes I can’t help but mention them as an option when they are the best option out there for what in particular the poster is looking to accomplish.
And even then I don’t do it with anywhere near the excitement you do when you are promoting Compuhost.
So in short Alan:
I purchased the Karaosoft software products many years ago, they always have and continue to work flawlessly for me, I don’t need Bob Latshaw, I only paid for them ONCE.
So how is that continuing to support Bob? And why does that make me an Idiot?
8)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 196 times
If you don't need customer service, by all means if Bob's software meets your needs definitely buy his software. Just make sure that you know the software's limitations, that goes with any software and hardware you get. The file manager, unless he has actually fixed it, doesn't zip properly. Otherwise it works flawlessly.
But if you are computer challenged, do yourself a favor and either buy elsewhere or come here to ask for help from the many experienced users of the products on this site, at least, unless you are impatient like me and have to have the answer yesterday, they are very willing to help you troubleshoot your problems.

Last edited by DannyG2006 on Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The file manager, unless he has actually fixed it, doesn't zip properly. Otherwise it works flawlessly.

What zipping issues have you experienced Danny?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
The file manager, unless he has actually fixed it, doesn't zip properly. Otherwise it works flawlessly.

What zipping issues have you experienced Danny?

I have come up with empty zip files. But it's been ages since I have used the software. I don't use his software anymore as I really have no need for it or have replaced it with other software that does just about as good a job as the two that I used to use before he yanked my license for them.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 674 times
RLC wrote:

Let's put it like this... the clowns at the circus can be pretty funny and make us laugh. But at the end of the day they're still clowns.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:53 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
RLC wrote:

Let's put it like this... the clowns at the circus can be pretty funny and make us laugh. But at the end of the day they're still clowns.

Not sure what you are trying to say here but I guess it is true...at the end of the day you are still a clown Alan. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I'm glad you knew that I was kidding Alan. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 114 times
There's a local host I've barely seen in 12 years. Went to his shows at least once a week for years back in the day, but then I started working the same nights as him. Can't remember the last time I saw him, but found myself in the neighborhood of his show Saturday night so dropped in to sing a couple and say hi. Of course we start to geek immediately, chatting about gear and such. I say something about hosting programs, and he goes:

"Oh! Oh! I just bought one I never had before, and I really liked it. Called 'em up to order 11 more licenses for all my systems, and I asked the guy about this one feature didn't seem to be working, and the guy went ape-shit on me, calling me an idiot and saying I didn't deserve his program and he wouldn't sell me any more licenses! Can you believe that!"

So I just say, "Karma. Latshaw."

He looks at me all wide-eyed and says, "How did you know?!?"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1428 times
Elementary Penguin wrote:
There's a local host I've barely seen in 12 years. Went to his shows at least once a week for years back in the day,<snipped> Of course we start to geek immediately, chatting about gear and such. I say something about hosting programs, and he goes:

"Oh! Oh! I just bought one I never had before, and I really liked it. Called 'em up to order 11 more licenses for all my systems

The guy must have a massive closet of CDG's :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Elementary Penguin wrote:
There's a local host I've barely seen in 12 years. Went to his shows at least once a week for years back in the day, but then I started working the same nights as him. Can't remember the last time I saw him, but found myself in the neighborhood of his show Saturday night so dropped in to sing a couple and say hi. Of course we start to geek immediately, chatting about gear and such. I say something about hosting programs, and he goes:

"Oh! Oh! I just bought one I never had before, and I really liked it. Called 'em up to order 11 more licenses for all my systems, and I asked the guy about this one feature didn't seem to be working, and the guy went ape-shit on me, calling me an idiot and saying I didn't deserve his program and he wouldn't sell me any more licenses! Can you believe that!"

So I just say, "Karma. Latshaw."

He looks at me all wide-eyed and says, "How did you know?!?"

If he hadn't lost that license, he got off easy.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 114 times
mrmarog wrote:
The guy must have a massive closet of CDG's :wink:
One of those guys that started with pre-loaded CAVS machines 20 years ago, including Sound Choice tracks, and insisted he was legal because he'd paid for them. I warned him and warned him, but he wouldn't listen. Sure enough, PEP slammed him with a suit a few years ago. They let him off in exchange for buying a GEM license for every system -- he was mad as hell. I got no sympathy for that. He's probably still largely a pirate as far as the other brands go, and I still have to compete on a non-level field. At least I know he buys most of his new music now from SBI and KV, just like I do.