KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - SC Gem sale- although expired now... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
johnreynolds wrote:
A Pirate?? How So????

Oh..you mean a possible Media-Shifter...?

They ARE 2 different things! :withstupid:

not to PEP they aren't.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
johnreynolds wrote:
A Pirate?? How So????

No, I'm not referring to media-shifting. I agree that those are two different things. I've never referred to people who media-shift from original discs, with 1:1 correspondence, as "pirates."

As far as Mr. Staley is concerned, however, here are the facts: As late as 2009, Mr. Staley's operation included at least 7 karaoke systems. This is a matter of public record. (He ran into some trouble with zoning enforcement in his town because the truck he bought to haul those systems around was too tall to park in his driveway legally, and that information was included in his application for a zoning variance.)

In 2009, SC started taking legal action against pirates, specifically targeting operators who were outright pirates or who were multi-rigging from single sets of discs. I think we can all agree that the term "pirate" includes both categories of operators.

After word got out of that enforcement activity, Mr. Staley dropped several systems, took a non-karaoke job, and began a campaign against SC. He was so angry with SC for daring to enforce its rights that he stopped playing SC at the shows he had left—even though he purportedly owned SC discs—and even posted a sign informing patrons that he would not play SC tracks, even from their own media.

You can draw whatever conclusion you like about why he dropped those extra systems. His actions are, in my opinion, consistent with those of someone who feared having to account for piracy and who lost a lot of income as a result. I know that Kurt offered at least once to inspect his disc holdings and systems, cost-free, and to give him a public acknowledgement of 1:1 correspondence, no strings attached. Needless to say, he refused.

To my knowledge, Mr. Staley has never denied the facts as I've laid them about above. If they are somehow incorrect, I invite him to supply the correct facts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc...... knock who's there....... why it's Chip Staley time!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
mrmarog wrote:
Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc...... knock who's there....... why it's Chip Staley time!

LOL mrmarog you are so bad! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:41 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
JimHarrington wrote:
johnreynolds wrote:
A Pirate?? How So????

No, I'm not referring to media-shifting. I agree that those are two different things. I've never referred to people who media-shift from original discs, with 1:1 correspondence, as "pirates."

As far as Mr. Staley is concerned, however, here are the facts: As late as 2009, Mr. Staley's operation included at least 7 karaoke systems. This is a matter of public record. (He ran into some trouble with zoning enforcement in his town because the truck he bought to haul those systems around was too tall to park in his driveway legally, and that information was included in his application for a zoning variance.)

In 2009, SC started taking legal action against pirates, specifically targeting operators who were outright pirates or who were multi-rigging from single sets of discs. I think we can all agree that the term "pirate" includes both categories of operators.

After word got out of that enforcement activity, Mr. Staley dropped several systems, took a non-karaoke job, and began a campaign against SC. He was so angry with SC for daring to enforce its rights that he stopped playing SC at the shows he had left—even though he purportedly owned SC discs—and even posted a sign informing patrons that he would not play SC tracks, even from their own media.

You can draw whatever conclusion you like about why he dropped those extra systems. His actions are, in my opinion, consistent with those of someone who feared having to account for piracy and who lost a lot of income as a result. I know that Kurt offered at least once to inspect his disc holdings and systems, cost-free, and to give him a public acknowledgement of 1:1 correspondence, no strings attached. Needless to say, he refused.

To my knowledge, Mr. Staley has never denied the facts as I've laid them about above. If they are somehow incorrect, I invite him to supply the correct facts.

Not that I need to defend Chip, but:

So, a person goes to his local government and requests a variance. So the F what. Did the circumstance that his truck was a few inches higher than allowed dictate the filing of SC lawsuits in 2009? So, if his truck was a few inches UNDER the allowed Maximum Limit, would SC NOT HAVE FILED LAWSUITS 2009? Where is the cause and effect?

Do you see the imbecilic LOGIC that CHIP, yes, and, in fact, ALL OF US, has had to contend with all these years.

No PRIVATE entity has the right to inspect OUR business at any time. Who gives a F if there was an offer.

Chip pulled his SC library when he found out that SC had sued a KJ that had LEGALLY PURCHASED SC DISCS and was using those SC Discs ON A DISC BASED KARAOKE PLAYER. In other words, that KJ had NOT Media Shifted anything and was using the SC discs in compliance with SC "rules."

Chip was FURTHER proven correct in doing so by PROTECTING his Venues when SC started suing Venues.

Really, it is very simple LOGIC. No SC means no Lawsuits to either the KJ or the Venue.

Booyaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:35 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
gd123 wrote:
So, a person goes to his local government and requests a variance. So the F what. Did the circumstance that his truck was a few inches higher than allowed dictate the filing of SC lawsuits in 2009? So, if his truck was a few inches UNDER the allowed Maximum Limit, would SC NOT HAVE FILED LAWSUITS 2009? Where is the cause and effect?

The significance of that statement was that he publicly acknowledged having 7 karaoke systems. I couldn't care less about his truck.

gd123 wrote:
Do you see the imbecilic LOGIC that CHIP, yes, and, in fact, ALL OF US, has had to contend with all these years.

No PRIVATE entity has the right to inspect OUR business at any time. Who gives a F if there was an offer.

No one said that SC has the right to inspect your business. If SC had had that right (and wanted to exercise it), Mr. Staley would not have been able to say no. SC doesn't have that right, obviously. He declined Kurt's offer. Maybe he was afraid of what it would show; maybe he just didn't want to submit to an inspection. But it would have certainly resolved the question of whether he was 1:1 or not.

gd123 wrote:
Chip pulled his SC library when he found out that SC had sued a KJ that had LEGALLY PURCHASED SC DISCS and was using those SC Discs ON A DISC BASED KARAOKE PLAYER. In other words, that KJ had NOT Media Shifted anything and was using the SC discs in compliance with SC "rules."

He pulled his SC library well before that occurred.

gd123 wrote:
Chip was FURTHER proven correct in doing so by PROTECTING his Venues when SC started suing Venues.

Do you know what also protects your venues? Having 1:1 correspondence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
mrmarog wrote:
This is all so funny... I'm still laughing.

Harrington is just doing what he can on the way out the door to throw more crap at me as a distraction/deflection from his own "Trump-like" actions. And it's nothing but crap and more lies. It's childish and it's not unexpected from an attorney with documented multiple ethics reprimands.

And beyond that, "Mr. Whack-A-Mole Harrington" just wants company.

He, along with Kurt, have "poisoned the well" so badly with SC customers and lied to them so often for so long, that not even a single one of his cheerleaders (including Avis) is here to defend him and his actions.

Looks like a severe case of "HDS".... (Harrington Derangement Syndrome)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Quote:
JimHarrington: The significance of that statement was that he publicly acknowledged having 7 karaoke systems. I couldn't care less about his truck.
The significance of MY statement is that, if he couldn't keep his truck, WHY HAVE SEVERAL SYSTEMS...DUH.

Quote:
JimHarrington: No one said that SC has the right to inspect your business. If SC had had that right (and wanted to exercise it), Mr. Staley would not have been able to say no. SC doesn't have that right, obviously. He declined Kurt's offer. Maybe he was afraid of what it would show; maybe he just didn't want to submit to an inspection. But it would have certainly resolved the question of whether he was 1:1 or not.
Yes, and how do you propose one become 1:1? Oh, by letting someone "AUDIT" your "PRIVATE" business...duh...which he chose NOT TO DO and is what I stated NO ONE HAS CAUSE to even EXPECT another to REQUEST.

Quote:
JimHarrington: He pulled his SC library well before that occurred.
Goes to show you CHIP thinks ahead of the curve and was exceptionally instrumental in giving direction to many others.

Quote:
JimHarrington: Do you know what also protects your venues? Having 1:1 correspondence.
If it were only for 1:1 correspondence, many, maybe all, KJs would have agreed to proving their databases. But NO, you wanted a contract signed and money paid FOREVER linking you with US. Fortunately, many KJs told you where you can stick it. KJs with TRUE American Principles...DON'T TREAD ON ME.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
The significance of that statement was that he publicly acknowledged having 7 karaoke systems. I couldn't care less about his truck.

HA!... I've never denied having multiple systems have I? Nope. As a matter of fact, I've stated it dozens of times myself so he doesn't have to act like he's some sort of Sherlock Holmes that artfully deduced that information from some overly-keen thinking process. He's not that smart, he just wants you to think he is.

JimHarrington wrote:
No one said that SC has the right to inspect your business. If SC had had that right (and wanted to exercise it), Mr. Staley would not have been able to say no. SC doesn't have that right, obviously.
Here's how stupid this statement is because it's true with anything. For example, when it comes to having the right to inspect SC's licenses, if I " had had that right (and wanted to exercise it), Mr. Slep would not have been able to say no. " Duh. This is not rocket science and "if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle."

JimHarrington wrote:
He declined Kurt's offer. Maybe he was afraid of what it would show; maybe he just didn't want to submit to an inspection. But it would have certainly resolved the question of whether he was 1:1 or not.

And both Harrington and Slep refused my offer to buy back every single SC disc in my collection which would have confirmed his 1:1 B.S. correspondence. But notice when the offer was up there that would have shut him up forever, he didn't have the balls to do it and passed on it so that he can continue his whining LIES right up to today.

Once again, it's not rocket science, it's called "integrity and ethics." Something that both Harrington and Slep are shamefully unfamiliar with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:54 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Public Notice!
Phill Cross is on vacation in Hawaii.
Any further bashing in this thread will cause a lock at minimum.

Quit the whining..

Attachment:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif [ 786.29 KiB | Viewed 26564 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

jdmeister wrote:
Public Notice!
Phill Cross is on vacation in Hawaii.
Any further bashing in this thread will cause a lock at minimum.
Quit the whining..

Hawaii?... he's a karaoke host now.... he's not allowed a vacation!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
how much longer before it becomes Bass Clef Holdings v karaoke hosts i wonder.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7