KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - CENSORSHIP! Ya betcha! Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CENSORSHIP! Ya betcha!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:02 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Hey all,

I just received an email from someone after I let them know that their comments were inappropriate.

The stated that it was Censorship.

You know what - They are right! It is CENSORSHIP!!

This isn't a democracy! This site doesn't allow freedom of speech - it does not have to - It is PRIVATELY Owned!

You don't have the right to post whatever you like - this site is Owned and Operated by Karaoke Scene - They have the final word as to what may or may not be permitted on their websites.

While the following is shown on the bottom of each page of the forum - it also applies to Singers Showcase.
"Karaoke Scene monitors this forum, in order to best assist our members. We value our members' opinions and ideas, but must reserve the right to remove any information or materials that are of commercial intent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to us at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to permanently block any member who violates these terms. Please be respectful of others while using this forum, and thank you for joining our community."

You may be paying $X to Karaoke Scene - HOWEVER this is for the privilege to upload your submissions to the server ONLY. This does not give you part ownership in the company or the "right" to say what you will.

Not every reply/comment/post must be positive - however they should not be abusive, insulting, or inappropriate.

Further persons who violate these rules ARE NOT entitled to any REFUND!

Any questions?!

Thank you

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:13 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
1st Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

therefore it may be censorship, but it is not a violation of the First Amendment.  The First Amendment only guarantees that the *government* will not suppress speech.  Private individuals can engage in censorship.  (For example, if someone came to your house and wanted to tell you why you should vote Democrat, or Republican, you could make them leave.  By contrast, they could not be forced off of public property for speaking in favor of a political party.)

Karaoke Scene is the same way.  We can kick out anyone we like, or put in place any rules we like without violating the First Amendment.

Thank you again,

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:54 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Karaoke Scene is the same way.  We can kick out anyone we like,

Thank you again,[/quote]

Why in the world, would you kick out someone that you like??? ....... :)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Get 'em Phil:)

Now I'll just tiptoe out of here before my big mouth says something it shouldn't.

btw, before I leave... you're correct with your statement... NOBODY should think that by paying a small monthly fee here that we are *share holders* of this site (cause only I have that standing, as we all know)  

Quote:
Now I'll just tiptoe out of here before my big mouth says something it shouldn't.

Dang it all, I didn't listen to myself very well. Going now:)
Atleast I behaved better than billy d. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:07 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

I yust make yoke, Charm.... :D..... besides, I don't have to worry.....I don't think he likes me..... :no:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:42 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
:hi5:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I've got an interesting question.... what about subbing songs on the showcase with profanity in them?  I always put up a disclaimer in the title, but I was wondering what the official views were.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:32 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Magz - to answer your question... I subbed a song one time "I'm a Beach" (well, not exactly that last word if you know what I mean).

It was deleted.

Of course others have posted the same song and it was ignored, or posted songs with other forms of 'profanity', which were ignored. I'm sure others have been deleted as well.

It boils down to.. if people are 'tinkled' at you, and complain... eer kapoofsie.

So, there ya go. ;)