KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - ATTN: COMCAST Email Users Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:29 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Apparently because of the vast amount of email sent out by us and through our server, we are now placed on COMCAST's SPAM List.

If you are a comcast email user please add the following domains to your white list (Approved)

karaokescene.com
karaoke-forum.com
singersshowcase.com
Karakefest.com
ThatsKaraoke.com

Here is a copy of the notice I received.

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<webmaster@karaokescene.com> SIZE=3570:
   host gateway-a.comcast.net [204.127.225.26]: 550 64.20.49.194 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net -> BL003 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.j ... olicy18627

Use the link above to advise Comcast that we are not Spammers.
Our IP address: 64.20.49.194

ATTENTION USERS:
Many public email providers like AOL, YAHOO, MSN, GOOGLE, HOTMAIL, & now COMCAST use spam blocking software that will block notifications unless you specifically unblock email coming from karaoke-forum.com, karaokescene.com, singersshowcase.com If you do not receive any emails from Us, please check your email spam blocker settings or contact your email provider.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
OK ..still not getting emails from topics I post to in the forums...  I need to add these domain that you have given above but dont know how on AOL 9.0. Have tried all the normal things that we know of (several times in fact) . But they say I have to have a previous email from you to add to the "people I Know" list. Maybe you can send me an email to my aol addy & it'll work. If you need my email addy please pm me & I'll gladly give it to you. Any help is very appreciated..I know ..I know..."what timing" LOL ! Sorry !!

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:47 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Holy crap, soooooooooooooooooo many problems and add another to the list--for some reason when I was reading this post all of a sudden the screen pops up that says I've reported this post to not 1 but 2 moderators and I wasn't doing anything but reading!!!  Please strike that Phill, my hand wasn't on the keyboard or the mouse.

Hope you guys can get these probs sorted soon, this is the first day for 4 days I've been able to access the forums.  WE NEED HELP!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
according the the powers that be Cathi, they have no problems, its not their fault

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:36 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
As frustrating as it is the gateway problem I can understand.  However what happened to me is most assuredly an internal problem, after all it opened 2 pages I'd not even visited.  

BTW, afternoon darlin' (6:35 am here).  Hope everything besides this prob is ok for ya  :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:47 am 
webmaster
webmaster

My computer did that the other day tpo me as well... turns out I had a pen sitting against the Ctrl "Control? button - OOps...

The problems that are being experinced by many users and their inability to access the site has nothing to do with our server.

If there was a problem with our server NOONE would be able to access!

I understand everyone's frustration - but you can't blame us. As you can see the site is up and running.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Phil, The problem I am experienceing with not being able to receive email notififactions after posting to threads, I have been experiencing for MONTHS ! No one yet has offered me any info that has helped. Will you please send me an email to my aol email address I "guess" from the forums so I can try doing what they say to do with that ? Im grasping at straws & have been for months about this situation. My original ask for help thread about this is still up,"Hey Phill or anyone else that might know...What does it mean...". If its not working I'd think you take the advertising for the feature off the site. I know youre prob gettin your butt chewed from both ends about this other stuff but since thats supposedly not your fault maybe you can help with this. Thanks so much :)

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:57 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Karaoke-Kelley,

I tried sending an email to you before through the system. I guess you didn't get it. I will try again.

RIGHT NOW!

Look for it!

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Do you actually have my aol email addy ? Pm me with it & I'll let you know if its correct. I just dont wanna put it out here for the world to see ya know. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:08 am 
webmaster
webmaster

PM SENT...

As well as the email

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nope...nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
edit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Your thoughts karyoker ???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Phil check this out..Am I wrong to assume that YOU (KS)  are supposed to "apply" to be a white list sender ? Have you done that ? http://www.postmaster.aol.com/whitelist/

I also found this on that page under AOL member FAQ :

I don't seem to be getting e-mail someone else is sending me.

First, check your spam folder if you have one. (If you have AOL 6.0 or above you may access your spam folder by going to Keyword: Spam Folder or by visiting your mailbox on AOL 9.0 and above) If you find the mail is in your spam folder, just hit the "This Is Not Spam" button when you open it. If this has happened repeatedly with the same sender, try adding the sender's address to your address book.

If you find that you are having problems with mail being delivered to the spam folder, check the settings on your account, which you can find at KW: Mail Controls.

If the sender is sending from an AOL address, please have them contact the appropriate branch of Member Services for help.

If the mail is not in your spam folder and the sender is not another AOL member, please contact the sender of the mail and have them visit our Troubleshooting page to start diagnosing the problem or the sender can contact us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I found an old email in my saved on AOL mail folder & replied to it like they said to do & it got returned :

----- Transcript of session follows -----
<forums@karaoke-forum.com>... Deferred: Connection timed out with karaoke-forum.com.
Message could not be delivered for 3 hours
Message will be deleted from queue

So...I guess that theory is shot ! I'll wait for an email from you then. Sorry :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Guess Im just SOL huh ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Catseyeview @ Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:36 pm wrote:
As frustrating as it is the gateway problem I can understand.  However what happened to me is most assuredly an internal problem, after all it opened 2 pages I'd not even visited.  

BTW, afternoon darlin' (6:35 am here).  Hope everything besides this prob is ok for ya  :hug:

Thank you Cathi things are not too bad :) (inserts hug here) smilies arent working so can only use the ones that I remember the key strokes for