KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Hmmm how to increase our numbers? Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
KarenB @ Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm wrote:
How many times you gotta be told? DON'T BEAT ON THE MICS!!!! :rofl4: LMAO

Sorry I couldn't resist the straight line. :angel:

:mrgreen:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:27 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I think a good way would be for the KJs in this forum to add this site to their business card if possible.
So when they give out their cards, they are also advertising this site.
Of course it would be easier for those newbies like me who have yet to make their cards to do it, than the established KJs who would have to add it.
Personally I would be willing to advertise this site, because of the ability given to me to use it.
You put something like...member of Karaoke Scene/with the site address.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Sorry. Missed a bit.

JD also excelent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Hello - I am a newbie and I like the site. What I think would make it better (for me, anyway) is:

> being able to be notified via email when someone responds to one of your posts.

> a reasonably up-to-date national venue locater. I would think this would be a huge attraction to many. It could include member reviews of the venue. Maybe with a set of pre-selected questions (e.g. general age group; is it a casual local dive bar, upscale place, chinese restuarant; are there lots of good singers, mostly drunk people screaming into the microphone or a mix; day and time they host Karaoke, etc., etc.)

> Someone suggested a newbie FAQs section. That would be real nice

> I would also like to see a newbie tech section where completely green newbies could get basic advice on setting up a system for home use or otherwise. This could include a dictionary of terms, various types of component configuarations. the pros and cons of each type of set up, suggestions on where to buy items, etc., etc.

That's all I got for now. Just thought you might appreciate the opinion of a newebie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm 

I came by your site reading about the karaoke lawsuit ..... and was surprised that i have never heard of it ...... maybe advertising your site on myspace/facebook...ect will increase your user/member numbers.

I also agree with kewpiedoll about the notification and being able to have a updated listing of karaoke resources and venues.

Also offering ad space on your site for lasting members .

LOVE THE SITE THO !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:25 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Any way to change away from the white text on Black/Grey background?

That style is so 1985, and hurts the eye of visitors.

Many pages I have to highlight the text with the mouse to read anything.

Very annoying..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:30 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Naked dancing girls!! lol...just kidding!!!

I like the idea of having emails sent in response to our posts. That would be a great help for most everyone. One other thing from my perspective, I like to come here for the technical help, because i'm still learning about gear and all. But when someone asks for honest help, sometimes (not all the time) some of the suggestions either bash certain products or brands and that leaves a negative feeling for the person asking for help. It actually makes you think twice about asking for help sometimes. If those offering help would actually "help" and not push their own personal biases to those asking for help. To me it's like bible bashing, or arguing over which religion is better, or how to raise kids. Luckily, this issue isn't out of hand, but still does happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Phill,

if you do need a mod, I can do the duties of removing posts by spammers... but you get what you pay for! LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

mrscott @ Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:30 am wrote:
Naked dancing girls!! lol...just kidding!!!

I like the idea of having emails sent in response to our posts. That would be a great help for most everyone. One other thing from my perspective, I like to come here for the technical help, because i'm still learning about gear and all. But when someone asks for honest help, sometimes (not all the time) some of the suggestions either bash certain products or brands and that leaves a negative feeling for the person asking for help. It actually makes you think twice about asking for help sometimes. If those offering help would actually "help" and not push their own personal biases to those asking for help. To me it's like bible bashing, or arguing over which religion is better, or how to raise kids. Luckily, this issue isn't out of hand, but still does happen.

What you speak of has doomed more than one web site..

Should you wish to demean others, there seem to be plenty of sites you can visit..

This site should be about karaoke and helping others enjoy the art and science.

Oh, wait, it is about that.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:48 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
LOL JD!

Exactly...

Matt your request may be granted due to all this dang spam!

I say it is time to make a change - speaking with Management about this!

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:39 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times

LOL@ two billion points.

I haven't read the whole thread but NOBODY should bash anybody for any reason, denigrating posts a person doesn't wish to see does far more damage than the post and person that end up feeling singled out. Posts that violate TOU should be removed IMO. If somebody doesn't like a post, assuming the post is an innocent question (despite how many times it's been asked and repeated by other) tolerance is the best way to make people feel welcome.. I think most of us know few people read much of what has been posted on forums, people don't read TOU, they don't do history searches and research before posting, they don't wish to, people are lazy, nobody here is going to change that.. Assuming a newbie has something to say, and ask, they often do-so impulsively, so that should be understood, respected (even if it means biting our lips and grinning and bearing it). Tolerance gets a lot of mileage, but making a new person feel as though they are burdensome (assuming this happens still, dunno, haven't been around much).. Even assuming they ask a question about something (we all know is not a good thing to do such as asking), "anybody know of good buring software for DL's"... Legality and do's and do nots just don't occur to all, explaining something to somebody that doesn't know better, is kind.. Facetious retorts, and quick brash responses drive people away.

Regarding new members... Another consideration is allowing for a person to be themselves without aligning themselves with any group. A person should feel it's fine to be original, themselves, not go with the flow (assuming they keep it clean)... Allowing for quirks, and differences makes for a more welcome environment... People should never feel they must be part of an existing group to be accepted by the site..

JMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 am 
I agree newbies can be intimidated by some of the replies on here. I'd really like to see legal questions and rants moved to it's own dedicated forum on the board.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I agree we could be more diplomatic... but when I DO mention the legality, it's out of loyalty to my chosen career, and to this site...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

As another newbie, I'll take the penny for my thoughts, or not, but here they are.

First, I found this site accidentally while on goggle regarding karaoke. I checked it out a couple times and enjoyed the topics and the people. What got me to actually join in I think was "The Lounge". You had to log in to read. Since I was enjoying the site, I wanted to see what was in there for off topics. I never really thought I'd have replies. I just enjoyed reading on things I can kinda relate to as someone who sings karaoke. I've enjoyed the karaoke discussion forum the most. The singer one just seems to much "me" type things. But I do visit. But this one is discussion for all and I prefer it.

Secondly, regarding us doing repeat post. I can understand it bothering you vets, but maybe a vet could say it's a repeat and they could say, check out this post or go to search and you'll find your answers there. Besides my newbie "Howdo" post, I've done one other, regarding themes, which you'll be happy to know I did try the search first. So there is hope for us. I didn't want you vets going, it's the "theme" post again, like you seem to be saying on stuff.

3 other points mentioned I agree with:
-Big Marc is right, I never been out and heard a KJ say, "hey check out this site for you karaoke lovers. I'm on it and it's pretty cool. My name is......
-someone mentioned a glossary. Been there, I've had a time trying to find some meanings. Not wanting to ask to look dumb.
-and finally, the response option. I tried one other site before, a sports one (sport ones get ugly, I'm done with that), and it had an option box after each reply. If you wanted to know someone has responded then check this box. You can uncheck at any time to stop getting the emails. This was great. And it keeps you involved.

Fyi, in my few posts, I've never felt belittled by anyone being a newbie or otherwise. Ok that's all my 2 typing fingers can handle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

totally agree on working with the repeat posts, rather than getting all hoyty toyty about it! LOL!

I just wish we had clearly stickered stuff for a FAQ... would make it a ton better!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I find the intonation that New Zealanders have a holier than thou attitude to be somewhat offensive and a racial slur contradictory to the forum rules. It surprises me that the moderators allow these type of posts when the rules clearly state they will not be tolerated. Perhaps if it were seen that the rules were being enforced a little more than is apparent, some might be encouraged to stay.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I just posted my opposing opinion from my experience and was immediately dubbed a troll. Based on what? Why because i've had more experience than someone? Because i have done it longer? Because you haven't seen it yet? Because i have been stabbed in the back before by other KJs?

A different opinion doesn't make one a troll or a spammer. It's a discussion. A conversation.

Holier-than-thou attitudes...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
angel910 @ Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm wrote:
I just posted my opposing opinion from my experience and was immediately dubbed a troll. Based on what? Why because i've had more experience than someone? Because i have done it longer? Because you haven't seen it yet? Because i have been stabbed in the back before by other KJs?

A different opinion doesn't make one a troll or a spammer. It's a discussion. A conversation.

Holier-than-thou attitudes...

Actually it was the way you lumped most kj's (it seemed) into bad kj catagories - very first post and several following that. But as you said it was a discussion nothing more. Debating both sides.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
LOL Although we have differences of opinion and get in knock drag fights, the ones that frequent this forum and stay abreast of new things are probably the top hosts in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
Oh , so sorry... :oops: ......I thought it said "How to increase our members"....... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next