KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - !! Banning of Members !! Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: !! Banning of Members !!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
NOTE: Current Public Site Moderators:
ADMIN
JIAN
LONMAN
WEBGURU

==============================

Who is Banned:
*  Anyone who, in the opinion of the Admin & Moderators, blatently violates the Forum rules.
*  Spammer  
*  Members who had been banned before but use a new name to rejoin.
*  Those who ignore repeated warning

================================

What are the reasons:
*  Blatent violation(s) of the Forum rules.

================================

Where are they banned from:
*  From the entire site...getting into shades or degrees of punishment would become an unmanageable and unnecessary mess.

===============================

When are they banned and When may they if ever return

*  Spammer... immediately upon detection. Members can hit the report button to report spam.
*  Members who had been banned but return without the consent of the Admin will be banned on the spot. Other members who see this activity may notify any of the moderators.
*  Members who were banned and want to come back may do so with approval from Admin, and not by lobbying other members for support.
*  When are the banned - they are banned Forever...again shades of punishment are far too difficult to deal with...and if the individual did enough to be banned once, they probably would do it again. Once they are banned they should become "non-persons" to this site and they should not be discussed again anywhere on the site publicly.

If in the rare chance anyone that was banned is permitted to return, an announcement will be made by the administration.

Why do we ban.
This is spelled out thoroughly in the Rules of the Forums and posted prominently for all to see.
http://www.karaoke-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4722

List of members that have been Banned:

bigbrother1
breeskfew
commonwealthofpa
Encetenpoedmo92
freddt
karaokemaker
Plug Your Ears
smiley
Teddick99

------------------------
Multiple usernames:
MJK (Micheal J Klien)
Brian Douglas
BigDog

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
I'd just like to thank the current Mod's as well as Phill for doing a REALLY spectacular job keeping this site a genuinely fun place for the vast majority.  I personally feel the site has been a fun and harmonious place over the past few years and since Mod positions are never easy ones,  I believe excellent judgment is, as well as HAS been used,  and I don't believe we could ask for a better group to over-see this site considering this is voluntary work, and quite time consuming..  Many that left at one point, have returned.  The bboards are more active than ever (so-it-seems), and that means more fun, and more that will wish to join in on the fun.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Administration and Mods,

May I respectfully make a request that this part of the TOS definitions also be enforced.

Quote:
Once they are banned they should become "non-persons" to this site and they should not be discussed again anywhere on the site publicly.

While many disagree on certain issues, banned members aren't loathed by all, and ongoing negative referencing of these members by name in public administrative sites in addition to accomplishing nothing helpful is upsetting for friends of the banned members who begin to also feel ostracized from Karaoke Scene.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:19 am 
webmaster
webmaster

I agree - Once a person has been banned that is the end of the mention of these persons.

The reason for banning a person is because that member violated the Forum Rules or Terms of Use. This does not imply or should be inferred that the friends or acquaintances have done anything wrong.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
If there are problems with returning banned members, then I would simply notify Phil and let him and Admin deal with it as they see fit. Jian and Lonman can also deal with problems in KS, but only Phil can edit or remove things from SS as I understand it anyway.  I don't see any need to point out in KS or SS every time a banned member returns.  It just stirs up further, unnecessary trouble. IMO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:28 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Maybe there needs to be a bumper sticker:

Why do KS members violate TOS to point out violations of TOS,
                            to show others that violating TOS is wrong ?

We have the right to ENJOY the site, and get along.. and let the powers that be handle the rest without ongoing drama and hostility. Phill, Lonnie, and Jian have authority. I have the right to PM them, or privately notify them regarding something bothering me. They have final say. Nice thing about this is, it keeps it simple, protects me, and protects others.  America Online always has spitball matches going on, I was hoping to escape those and join a site with Singers and only worry about singing (or Karaoke related aspects)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
I gotta say..... I agree.  :yes:

Certain things should be said in private to the mods only... and let them take it from there. Constant bashing-even about banned members- is childish and tacky, and  makes us look bad to non-members who may read here.

(not to mention, it makes it look as though our mods aren't doing their jobs)

My 2 cents...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Well, it appears to me that each & every single time the person being discussed has came back with a new identity Phil has gotten that name banned and any submissions removed as soon as he's informed.

I don't think it's humanly possible for him to be here 24/7 (the man has a job)... just to check each and every post here and each and every sub in the showcase to "make sure" it's not that person. We shouldn't assume that there is a way he can ban that person from ever being able to log into this site again under different names using different email addresses. I could invent 100 ID's here if I was so inclined- email addy's are free.

But to ask him to remove a newbie who's "that-person-again in diguise" and him remove it instantly... then people start badmouthing Phil publicly AFTER the fact for letting that person gain entrance... is just ridiculous.  This isn't the Mexico border, he can't build a wall for crise sake. We also aren't allowed to sub songs with profanity, yet it happens quite often, and doesn't get removed unless reported. Yet you don't see people in these forums yelling about it.

I understand he caused trouble and said some rather unsavory things- I'm not holding up for that person- I'm just saying I think we should lay off the management... they are obviously doing the best they can. Flaming and bashing are not allowed in these forums, so if we hold to this:

Quote:
If youre gonna make rules stick by them & follow them ALL the time not just when you feel like it.

... then a few more members should be getting their walking papers. Not only is an ex-member being bashed almost daily, so are Phil, and the mods & admins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Quote:
Well, it appears to me that each & every single time the person being discussed has came back with a new identity Phil has gotten that name banned and any submissions removed as soon as he's informed.

i agree....

bottom line is....if a member has BEEN BANNED they need to show respect and stay out of the forums and stay out of the showcase...every time he comes in under a new identity, he's thumbing his nose at admin, the moderators and the memberS that have been on the receiving end of his diatribes.....essentially telling all of us to 'kiss my
a$$, i'll do what i want, whenever i want and there's nothing you can do about it'...that is NOT right...

i hate that phill has to waste his time dealing with this particular issue and i hate that the members here have to put up with it (the comments have NOT always been nice)....it's childish to say the very least....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:45 am 
webmaster
webmaster

I would like to respond to say that I am doing everything that I know how to. I have checked with several other "techies" for suggestions on this matter.

There is one thing that I certainly could do but I do not wish to implement. Although it has been suggested by several people. That is to completely disallow any member that uses a FREE email account to join. This would include gmail, aol, yahoo, msn, hotmail, etc...

There is more to the situation than is publicly known, because of the complexities and security information - I do not wish to discuss this in this forum.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 am 
webmaster
webmaster

The mention of any banned member(s) in the forums will lead to a warning.
Should a member registered under a new name and make post/submission that you suspect is from a banned member; DO NOT COMMENT but PM the Mod and/or The Webguru.

This also applies in SS:
Should a new member that you suspect is a banned member making comments on a submission; you should not reply to the comment; knowingly replying to the comment will lead to a warning. You should report this matter to the moderators of the suspected members presence. A copy of the comment would be helpful.

Should this banned member submit a song (including duet), then you should not comment on that song, but report it. Commenting on the song could earn you a warning.

Multiple warnings may lead to a member being banned

Hopefully this helps with the explanation.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:48 am 
webmaster
webmaster

This topic was supposed to be informative.

It was starting to get out of hand.

I have locked the topic and split most replies from this thread.

Please don't take it personally but I want the point of the thread to remain the focus.

KJ / MC

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]