KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Looking for decent (not expensive) dvd/karaoke player Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi everyone. I am a pizza eating, beer guzzling mid-60's type that just received a VocoPro DVX-890K. I'm not happy with this machine for several reasons.

1. You cannot get microphone signal when using an HDMI connection.

2. There is a noticeable hum when using a Video/Left audio/Right audio connection. (Sorry, I don't know the correct terminology for that).

3. There is a very bad buzzing sound when you plug in the right side microphone.

4. (minor problem here but it bugs my wife) There is no scoring system.

So I am truly a newbie at all this and could use a helping hand. The real user will be my wife and her friends, so I want a system with two mikes. And perhaps even more important, a system that actually works. I had thought about using my laptop (and maybe still will) but am concerned that it will be too complicated for my wife.

I paid about $140 for this thing on Amazon, so the budget is hopefully less than $200.

Any ideas?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I have a SoundChoice Karaoke machine listed in the classifieds of this forum for best offer. It works perfect, just don't use it much anymore. Comes with Remote, Manual and machine. looking to get $100 for it, I can cover shipping costs.

http://karaokescene.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31808

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Check Craigslist or cruise garage sales . . . . People can't give away these machines. I bought one for 10 bucks a few weeks ago and threw away the machine(Only bought it because they had a Shure 58 mic in the box with it(a genuine one!) and didn't want to part it out).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:50 am 

Thanks for the quick replies. I did further research that leads me to believe dedicated home karaoke machines are out dated. It seems the preferred method now is to use a PC with karaoke software.

So here is what I've done so far. I bought a used Tascam 488 MkII mixer. I have a Yamaha home theater amp. I bought three cardiod microphones with cables and I have about a dozen disks.

From there I have been testing software. All them only see my disc as CDA while the vendors insist they are CDG. This leads me to believe I need a different drive.

Where does one get a drive to put into a PC that will read karaoke discs?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
What software are using to read the CDG's?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 am 

mrmarog wrote:
What software are using to read the CDG's?

You hit on the solution right off the bat. I had been using karaoke playing software which did nothing. I tried cd+g burning software and that did the trick.

For now I will spend the money on the burning program and use VLC to play. I just need to find a way to pay for it. The vendor is located in Poland and evidently my bank doesn't like charges coming from there.