KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - LOCKED FORUMS Administrative Comments, Suggestions & Questions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LOCKED FORUMS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Most successful duet in karaoke - Most longevity for a duet

I went to post on that one and it was locked? Why are some of the forums being locked?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: LOCKED FORUMS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Might be because of how old they are. Not sure of the thread in question, but we've been seeing thread popping up that are being replied to that are over 8 years old. They used to lock automatically after 6 months (maybe it was a year) of inactivity. Phil may have fixed that glitch and the dead threads are locking again.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:18 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Thanks that makes sense. However, if you've got new people logging into the site and a regular basis. They may want to add their two cents to the thread or even revive an old conversation. I blog in local news. I very much refer to older posts that I made 4 and 5 years ago to prove what I've been saying. But that is local news. I'm still learning more and more about the Karaoke scene. Glad I've tried visiting places all over the country. Had I based all my opinions on just local karaoke. I'd be way behind the curve. I've hosted a few venues as fill in. and Hosted some private parties here in Flint. I staying away from hosting in bars unless I get desperate for cash. Bar owners want hosts to be hosts and their whole marketing department. Here ya can't even get them to put it on the marquee or signs out in front of their bars. Ive gotten some great ideas from this forum and also seen what of the issues that drive me out of a venue from Host's attitudes towards their customers.

I've been to shows in Ohio Columbus area, Cleveland Area, Florida Englewood Sarasota, Ft Meyers, Bonita Springs, Naples, Michigan Flint (still haven't been shot at yet), Detroit Mi Mt Clemens, Lansing. Tennesee, Nashville, Nevada Las Vegas and Laughlin. And a few other places I can't remember. It's amazing all the different ideas Hosts and Venues have for what makes good Karaoke. A company out of Detroit area has about the best consistent shows. Captain Kirks in Sarasota had the best. Crowded during the week, Host didn't do more than get the next singer on the stage, Been written up in local paper as best in the area numerous times and his other shows were sometimes referenced as great places. Woodland Hills Ca had about the best sound I'd ever heard in a venue.

What I've noticed is tuff to find is a a really good Karaoke Host and a bar with really good service. Why is is so difficult to find both in a Venue. Think Ill start a new thread with that thought!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

You can always take a link of the locked thread in question and post in a new topic with the link as a referral and start a new topic that way. Even quoting the pertinent piece.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Just be careful about topics where the OP has died.. :angel:

(We have several) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:33 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

jdmeister wrote:
Just be careful about topics where the OP has died.. :angel:

(We have several) :mrgreen:

Well that was another point, people reopening 8 year old threads and start quoting and arguing with the dead! I know they may not know especially if they are new, but the ability shouldn't be there to be able to in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:59 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
Why not?
I was hoping to achieve immortality by creating a forum discussion that goes on forever!
When someone dies do their opinions become irrelevant and not worthy of further discussion?
With a forum that has been around as long as this one, with a membership as large as this one, there's a good chance there are many members who have passed that nobody is aware of their passing.
I think it's a good thing that the thoughts of those who have come and gone are still available to enjoy and add to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:03 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Well said earthling12357. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
earthling12357 wrote:
Why not?
I was hoping to achieve immortality by creating a forum discussion that goes on forever!
When someone dies do their opinions become irrelevant and not worthy of further discussion?
With a forum that has been around as long as this one, with a membership as large as this one, there's a good chance there are many members who have passed that nobody is aware of their passing.
I think it's a good thing that the thoughts of those who have come and gone are still available to enjoy and add to.

As RLC said, well said, but please, try not to argue with a dead man..

It makes you look silly.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I think most any topic (or poster) after 8 years may still be worthy of discussion, but may be outdated or need to be refreshed & that can easily be started in a new discussion - again, if you would like to copy the link & post in the new thread for reference, then so be it.