KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IS BURNING Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:16 pm 
In San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura Counties over 500,000 acres are burning, more than 500 homes are gone, 13 people have died and over 8000 people are displaced by this tragedy of Fire. I hope when you go to your shows this week you will remember the firefighters who are battling these out of control fires, and if you can help the Red Cross and United Way in helping those who have lost so much so quickly. This is a very sad and serious day in Southern California with no end in sight, let us all hope relief comes soon......MV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:35 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Amen to that MV! The Santa Ana winds keep blowing and the temp is in the 90's today! The air is thick and gray here in Orange County ... our yard looks like Mount St. Helens erupted ... this is such a tragedy for so many people!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:51 pm 
If interested please see the events calendar for tomorrow night for a special event to try and help...thanks...MV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:38 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Obviously I can't be with you tomorrow but my prayers will!
I can't even imagine it! It rains so much here it simply couldn't happen but I will be thinking of you.
I hope it's over soon. Your firefighters seem to get the worst of the worst!
Good Luck to them all!

Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:07 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

It has really been a trying time here in So. Cal.. Spent some time with a few firefighters from the Orange County Fire Dept.. You could really see the fatigue in their weary faces. Our prayers go out to each and every one of them.

Gary :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:16 am 
MV,
(Nashville, TN) Several Red Cross from around here have been sent to SO Cal. to help in relief efforts.
{Nashville Tennessean - Tues. Oct. 28, 2003}
This was in thia morining's Nashville paper according to my Nashville sources. Thought it would like that. If that keeps up Tim McGraw may have to do another Benefit concert for the Red Cross..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:00 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Two of my karaoke buddies are in the thick of the fire.

Marta, ensconced on top of Big Bear Mountain, was evacuated this weekend.
She still has no idea if her house exists still.

Martha, centered in Simi Valley, has her mother in panic mode, and still the fires progress.

Not sure how they will not have a bereakdown. I get nervous just hearing about it.

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:40 am 
Thanks to those who came out last night to Club 110 to see about helping out with donations for the American Red Cross drive. The food, singing, and high spirits kept the house alive and kicking all night long. I hope you all will do your part, and help those who have lost so much during these trying days, by donating your time and money to help. Thanks again to Faye and Tony, Great American Karaoke, even former KJ of the year 1996, Smitty and his wife stopped by for a special guest appearance. to all that were there, thanks for caring.....MV :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:28 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

We here in Australia are only too aware of the hardship and sadness that you guys in Southern California are going through.
We've endured similar disasters in the past few years and every year we prepare for another series of fatalities and property loss.
However, you can always rebuild houses but it is so hard to rebuild lives after losing someone close to you. :(
Aussies and Americans have had a grand tradition of helping one another during times of crisis and a few years ago some of your fellow countrymen and women came over to help us out during our severe bushfire disasters. I hope we don't have to do the same and that it will all be over soon, but if required I know our guys will be on the first plane out of here to help.
My condolences to all who are suffering and may God Bless You All,
***Alex***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:19 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
A small bit of rain today. (Friday, 31st) and it looks like we may be done with this fire sometime soon.

Here is a link to the best of the worst fire pictures. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-wildfire-photo-page,1,3447243.gallery?coll=la-home-headlines

Some are heart wrenching. All are wonderful.

Just sayin'

Jerry