KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Interested in becoming a KJ and have some questions Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:31 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
No, I haven't made up my mind. I was just listening to what you were saying and felt that you might be basing your opinion on the CAVS in part by information that isn't current. You were under the impression that the only songs available for the CAVS were packs that you don't like. I'm sure that was the case awhile ago, since it's new technology. That's just how things go. When DVD players first came out the selection was pretty slim, but now it's not. I just want to know if the system itself is good or if it's crap. I'm not so much worried about what music packages can be bought with a system because I can get those separately from any system I choose to get. The thing I really want to find out about the CAVS jukebox system is if I capture my own CDGs on it, what is the quality of the sound? Is anything lost, if so, what? I mean no disrespect at all, because I truly appreciate the advice and suggestions I'm getting. I just want to know what actual experience you have with this particular system that makes you seem to be so opposed to it. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. I just want to make a well informed choice about all the options I have.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I would just go with a RSQ/JVC triple player unit - will do nicely for home or pro use. Can get a nice deal with a Supercore or some other basic disc pack as well. If you want to do the DVD thing, the RSQ 505 is decent , though single tray, and also bundled with some music. I have one as a backup/home player. Also reasonably priced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:38 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I have that 505 player, and love it. I've not yet seen a multiplayer for dvd... but it's only a matter of time!

I had at one time owned a cavs machine. And I've kept in the loop with them, so no, it's current. The cavs unit is a mp3 player that recognizes the mp3g (graphics on another file - a .cdg file). You can experience that yourself on your pc. Play the regular cdg on your pc, and then convert a tract to mp3 and then listen to it. The graphics is irrelivant. just analzye the sound quality that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:43 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

marty3 wrote:
I would just go with a RSQ/JVC triple player unit - will do nicely for home or pro use. Can get a nice deal with a Supercore or some other basic disc pack as well. If you want to do the DVD thing, the RSQ 505 is decent , though single tray, and also bundled with some music. I have one as a backup/home player. Also reasonably priced.

Ironically, I just picked up the new 2004 Supercore set of 20 disks on Ebay for under $100. With that and the songs I already have, I'm just about up to 1000 songs. Everything I already have is CDG. What is the difference between those and the DVDs? I've never seen those used before, so I have no idea what they're like or how they're different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:53 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Sorry, I've been gone for a few days, and just read this thread. LadyC, I have the CAVS JB99 unit, and I love it. It all depends where you buy it from. Some of the stores that sell it will just throw any crap on it, call it 10,000 songs and that's it. I bought from a place that has mostly DK- both orig. and mill, Chartbuster, SoundChoice, THM, PHM, and some Backstage(eagles at least) and Legends.

I have only had 1 problem in the last 4 months with the unit- a song that came out scrambled. I called the place I got the unit from, and they sent me a corrected version, and I replaced it no problem. This unit not only plays stored songs, but also has a triple tray cd played that handles cdg, mp3g and vcd.

If you are interested, I bought my system- CAVS, amp, speakers, and wireless mic's, and speaker stands, for under $4k. Just PM me or email me, and I'll let you know where I got it.

Good luck,
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

you know those "best of"s I was talking about...

http://www.stellarrecords.com/classics.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:03 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

dbk, thanks...how do the songs sound? Are they the same quality as any other player? I'm definitely interested in where you got yours. I'd love for you to PM me the information. Do they have a website? I haven't decided for sure about the CAVS, but I really am tempted, especially if I can play my own CDGs that I have on it if it turns out that capturing the ones I have is illegal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:44 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The CAVS-99 comes with a triple tray CDG reader. I have a small folder of discs I still carry with me too, because I like certain versions better, or just because I bought them before I had the machine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:55 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

dbk1009 wrote:
The CAVS-99 comes with a triple tray CDG reader. I have a small folder of discs I still carry with me too, because I like certain versions better, or just because I bought them before I had the machine!

lol, you didn't answer the question I keep asking everyone. How is the sound of the captured songs? Is anything lost in quality with the CAVS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:39 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Psssssssttttt....

Check your private messages! lol

But there is no loss of quality that I've seen. Actually to the contrary, I enjoy not worrying about skipping discs!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:46 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

dbk1009 wrote:
Psssssssttttt....

Check your private messages! lol

But there is no loss of quality that I've seen. Actually to the contrary, I enjoy not worrying about skipping discs!!

I did check it, and it's empty...lol

Methinks you might want to go for a "do-over"! :wink: