KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - softwareand hardware recommended for kJ Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:52 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I am looking for advice about selcting / finding a user friendly KJ host software. Presently doing things the old fashioned way with 2 kits powered mixer,speakers and cdg's and another unpowered mixer with powered speakers butwish to convert to computer (Iwill still bring my trusty JVC player) i have al aptop with 2 g ram, and 120 g with an external hardrive of 300 g. What companies and software do you recommend for a KJ host.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I personally use MTU's Video Hoster as it fits my needs perfectly

There will be others that will chime in here and recommend other programs as well.

I would suggest that you select a few and then download the demo versions of each and try them prior to purchasing. It will become very clear which one works best for your needs. With the hardware you have you can pick from many programs.

There are plenty of threads on this forum regarding hosting software if you do a search. Most end up being a mine is better than yours type of thing.

Many of the leading software mfgs provide forums for their users to ask questions and get help. These are an excellent way for you to gain valuable information as well.

Good luck :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:33 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I too prefer MTU Video Hoster.  Suits what my needs are.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
I personally use MTU's Video Hoster as it fits my needs perfectly

There will be others that will chime in here and recommend other programs as well.

I would suggest that you select a few and then download the demo versions

I would have to agree with all of the above. They have been in the Karaoke business since 1982, some of the karaoke Mfg's use their production software as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:18 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Ditto. MTU makes lots of software specifically for the professional karaoke market.

If you *really* want to compare it to other professional karaoke hosting software available, look at ActiveASP Software's Karaoke-Go-Round (http://www.activeaspsoftware.net/default.aspx?p=Products%2fProduct&N_ProductID=1&N_IncNo=5) or TriceraSoft's Swift 2.0 (http://www.tricerasoft.com/karaoke_software/Swift_Pro_2.html)

I'd like to step into the "hardware" realm for hosting, but there are tons of different opinions - desktop vs. laptop vs. rackmount. I'll just offer my computer hosting system as an example:

- JetWay MiniQ-460S Intel Socket 478 P4/Celeron XPC (cube) System
- Intel Celeron 2.4GHz CPU
- 1GB (2x512MB) DDR400 (PC 3200) RAM
- 250GB 7200 RPM IDE ATA100 Hard Drive (for karaoke/music)
- 40GB 7200 RPM IDE ATA100 Hard Drive (for OS/programs)
- Radeon 7000 64MB AGP 4X Video Card (dual-VGA)
- Plextor 708 ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
- (2) 15" LCD monitors (one for me, one for singers)

Other hosting equipment:
- LCD karaoke monitor stand
- Bose L1 Classic/1xB1 (P.A.)
- (2) Shure SM-58 microphones
- (2) Audio Technica MB 1k microphones (for speaking & backup)

Plus lots of cables, mic stands, a USB laptop light, mini laser laptop mouse, small portable USB stick (for transferring files), another 300GB external USB hard drive (for backup), a PS2 USB keyboard, power strips, a small UPS battery backup, extension cords.... and about 6500 karaoke songs. Overwhelming, isn't it?

I know this is so much more than you're probably asking for. Just my $.25 worth....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
I agree with everything posted so far in this thread, but I think your first step is to figure out what your needs as a host are. For example, MTU's video hoster has been recomended but that wouldn't work for me at all.  First, becasue it won't run on the nasty old computer I use (you don't have that problem) and second, I couldn't use it when I was drunk.  I need Big buttons by the end of the night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
exweedfarmer @ Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:27 am wrote:
I agree with everything posted so far in this thread, but I think your first step is to figure out what your needs as a host are. For example, MTU's video hoster has been recomended but that wouldn't work for me at all.  First, becasue it won't run on the nasty old computer I use (you don't have that problem) and second, I couldn't use it when I was drunk.  I need Big buttons by the end of the night.

I think MTU is very simple & thats coming from a tech dummy believe me...But I do understand about the big buttons.Its a pain sometimes trying to type on a small keyboard & the way we have it set up on screen we have a few diff things open (dj music & hoster) so the print has to be small to fit everything on the one screen so as to not have to go back & forth. Thats just the way we set it up.

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]