KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Types of "Karaoke Machines" Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:54 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
This may be a total noob question, but I am looking to buy a karaoke machine; however, the "karaoke machines" seem to be simply karaoke DVD players and sound systems. Are there any that come with the karaoke videos on them, on some kind of internal hardrive, that you can add music to? Instead of swapping out discs all the time.

Thanks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
waru @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 pm wrote:
This may be a total noob question, but I am looking to buy a karaoke machine; however, the "karaoke machines" seem to be simply karaoke DVD players and sound systems. Are there any that come with the karaoke videos on them, on some kind of internal hardrive, that you can add music to? Instead of swapping out discs all the time.

Thanks.

The cavs usb-202, might have the model # wrong, has an inetface that allows a usb hard drive to be connected to it.  I believe you still need a computer to import the music.   I personally prefer the flexability of using a PC for playing my karaoke over the limited features the cavs has. With the pc you can import the songs, create your songbooks, play your karaoke files and filler music (DJ) off the same machine.
Dpending on your software choice you can even automate certain tasks such as rotation control(who gets up when), be able to call someone up to sing without saying a word but by what is displayed on the tv screen.   With a pc you have the ability of controlling the show without your control moves being seen by the singer.
You also have the ability to search for songs and add to the que while the music is playing.  Certain software even works on older computers.  I've run both Sax & Dotty's and RoxBox which are frontends to winamp on 300 mhz machines without any issues.  One of the machines was even running windows 98SE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Aesonic Karaoke On Demand Jukebox. A bit pricey but I've beeen useing mine for about a year and a half at my karaoke shows 3 - 4 times a week with no problems.

http://www.acekaraoke.com/acesonic-kod- ... layer.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:48 pm 

Thanks for the info. The link you sent looks nice, despite the price.

As for laptops, can you easily rip karaoke DVDs to get the files, or do you download them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I ripped all my CDG's into it 1 by 1. Took a while to do but was well worth it in the long run.

i ripped