KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What is the BEST Karaoke CDG Brand? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:43 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
[/quote]um, SC presses their own discs[/quote]

They have to buy a licence for each song to make a certain number of copies.....you can buy that right over the internet(I've done it), 500 copies is the minimum.....not that expensive last time I bought them.........about 40 bucks for the right to reproduce 500 dubs......anyone bought a license lately?....how much currently?

PS.......Matt, I accidently reported your post......I'm sorry, I meant to quote you, and I hit the wrong button(don't know how to recend that mistake)......once again, I appoligise

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:46 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
oh, I haven't heard anything.

I really wish they would put a "are you sure?" on the report thing. I've done that too accidently!

thanks for being upfront about it! no worries!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:56 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Billy D @ 6th March 2007, 11:43 am wrote:
um, SC presses their own discs[/quote]

Quote:
They have to buy a licence for each song to make a certain number of copies.....you can buy that right over the internet(I've done it), 500 copies is the minimum.....not that expensive last time I bought them.........about 40 bucks for the right to reproduce 500 dubs......anyone bought a license lately?....how much currently?

PS.......Matt, I accidently reported your post......I'm sorry, I meant to quote you, and I hit the wrong button(don't know how to recend that mistake)......once again, I appoligise
[/quote]

I got the email of the REPORT: a mod will normaly check back and see what the post is all about. In this case I read you accidentally press the wrong button.
The Best way to redeem it is to post saying it was an accident.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
you're a good man charlie brown  LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

jerry12x @ Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:28 am wrote:
pretty much depends where you are.
In the yuk Sunfly closely followed by legends followed by zoom
are the norm.
Having heard SC I have trouble understanding why this is so.

Certainly sunfly is the majority of what I hear in this part of the UK, do I take it they're not so popular in say the US?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
SteveB @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:32 am wrote:
jerry12x @ Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:28 am wrote:
pretty much depends where you are.
In the yuk Sunfly closely followed by legends followed by zoom
are the norm.
Having heard SC I have trouble understanding why this is so.

Certainly sunfly is the majority of what I hear in this part of the UK, do I take it they're not so popular in say the US?

Yes -- I don't know that they are on sale in the U.S. I don't have any -- Karaoke.com doesn't carry them. I have seen them at a couple of shows, but I suspect they are downloads and not CDs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Micky, I've bought sunfly at karaoke.com and other american retailers!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:05 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I have a few Sunfly, but not real impressed with them - given the choice, i'll stay with Sound Choice.  A couple of very good tracks of SF007.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
knightshow @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 pm wrote:
Micky, I've bought sunfly at karaoke.com and other american retailers!
Perhaps, but they haven't been on sale since I started buying (about 18 months), and I have never seen a Sunfly CDG in operation despite visiting a hundred and more karaoke shows over the last couple years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

yeah, I only have four of them, and those were all bought at k.com.

I can't say I'm totally adoring about them, but that they DO have some tracks that at the time nobody else had... Understand that I bought the first one about six years ago!

I've seen some of those same tracks on Legends... and the audio sounds the exact same on the selected ones I've found on Legends and Sunfly that I tested... to be honest, I always thought they were the same company.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
used a lot over here in nz, horrible things they are. There is one song I do sing that is a sunfly backing and thats Marianne Faithful's Ballad of Lucy Jordan.
There is only one karaoke operator in our area and I even if I happen to be at one of her gigs (which is rare) I wont sing because 1. she uses sunfly virtually exclusively and 2. she has no foldback

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:05 pm wrote:
I have a few Sunfly, but not real impressed with them - given the choice, i'll stay with Sound Choice.  A couple of very good tracks of SF007.

Do you have only older Sunfly discs?  The quality in their early years could definitely vary, but for the past few years they've been pretty top notch IMO.  And their song selection is awesome, they have TONS of songs that no US manufacturer is likely to produce.  Or you can get some songs several months before they hit the US.  Lily Allen's album was just released here a couple of weeks ago, but I've had the karaoke version of "Smile" since last summer.

Now how well they go over with the karaoke audience is another thing, lol.  But it is a good feeling to have someone ask about the song after I sing something obscure.  I like to think I'm doing my little part to broaden the horizions of a lot of people and let them know there is other cool stuff out there beyond Beyonce and Fall Out Boy.

And I absolutely LOVE the Zoom Platinum Artist series.  I never thought I'd see the day where I had TWO karaoke discs filled with nothing but Smiths songs.

This is a custom site that carries Sunfly and Zoom and has audio samples for every track if anyone wants to do some sampling

http://www.customburn.com/store/Foxey/index.php

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:15 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Re Invention @ Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:05 am wrote:
Lonman @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:05 pm wrote:

Do you have only older Sunfly discs?  The quality in their early years could definitely vary, but for the past few years they've been pretty top notch IMO.  And their song selection is awesome, they have TONS of songs that no US manufacturer is likely to produce.  Or you can get some songs several months before they hit the US.  Lily Allen's album was just released here a couple of weeks ago, but I've had the karaoke version of "Smile" since last summer.

Well, no I don't buy a brand that I feel isn't good, unless there is something absolutely not available anywhere else, then I may take a chance.  However, I have had several people bring in their own discs of lately - my feelings haven't changed about them.  I'd actually rate them lower than the monthly series - sound wise.  Selection wise, they do have a bunch of songs that aren't available over here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 am 

It Goes Like This

1.  Soundchoice

2.  Chartbuster

3.  Nothing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaokegod2000 @ Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 am wrote:
It Goes Like This

1.  Soundchoice

2.  Chartbuster

3.  Nothing

C'mon, ALL brands even the bottom of the barrel brands, have their diamonds in the rough.  I would hope you don't lock yourself into 2 brands only, you'd be missing out on alot of decent quality to offer your customers.  I'm a Sound Choice fan myself, but they aren't always the best.  
Runaway - Bon Jovi comes to mind.  Best version IMO is off the Dangerous series.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

yes Lon, but upon reading his other posts, he thinks he's the only knowledgable person around here... the bar thread, etc.

I take it at face worth. He's been in business since 2004!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:38 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

knightshow @ Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:24 pm wrote:
yes Lon, but upon reading his other posts, he thinks he's the only knowledgable person around here... the bar thread, etc.

I take it at face worth. He's been in business since 2004!

How long he's been in business isn't really an issue, however chances are he's been one of the lucky ones and hasn't experienced some of the things that will happen eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It Goes Like This

1.  Soundchoice

2.  Chartbuster

3.  Nothing

Chartbuster?  I understand their country is quite good (I don't follow country music so I can't tell) but most of the non country stuff I've heard by them has been pretty dreadful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Re Invention @ Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:26 pm wrote:
It Goes Like This

1.  Soundchoice

2.  Chartbuster

3.  Nothing

Chartbuster?  I understand their country is quite good (I don't follow country music so I can't tell) but most of the non country stuff I've heard by them has been pretty dreadful.

Their country is among some of the best.  Preferred choice among our singers (for country) even over Sound Choice, but agree their pop/rock stuff isn't done that great.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
It seems like Chartbuster normalizes all of their tracks and gives each instrument the same presence in each track.

I think that is what takes the edge away from their rock tracks, as they don't put any emphasis on heavy guitar hooks or drums in the mix which really takes away from the energy of the songs.

Still, I think Chartbuster excels in being extremely consistent, which makes it one of the better brands. Every track they make may be an 7-8 on the quality scale, but I think that is better than most brands that produce nine 4s for every 10.

Though still, SoundChoice is obviously the best overall.