KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Vote On New Options ATTN: PHILL Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

Should we add any of these features to the SS?
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 140
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Neo @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:07 pm wrote:
Hi Luly  :wave:  I voted  :)

I like the idea myself.  :yes:

Thank you sweetie!  :hug: Now, WHICH idea did you like?? I'm assuming all three?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Luly @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm wrote:
Neo @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:07 pm wrote:
Hi Luly  :wave:  I voted  :)

I like the idea myself.  :yes:

Thank you sweetie!  :hug: Now, WHICH idea did you like?? I'm assuming all three?

you are correct...all three.  :hug:  :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

hmmm regarding what is being called fluff, i guess i am bad about not giving out bad comments, sorry i dont do it, i really enjoy listning to all subs, to me when one shares music or art, they are sharing a piece of themselves, now if this was american idol i would give critisism but it isn't and if i say well done or good job it doesnt always mean its something i would recommend you quit you day job for . it simply means i enjoyed it, and i do. sorry if that ranks some folks but i dont careif it does . why should what i say to another singer matter to you anyway, what egos must one have to be bothered by what someone elses says online unless it directly involves you, grow up people, i like all folks here, everyone has been kind to me and i apprecieate that. this isnt a contest. i for one dont mind critisism, even bad ones cause if i don't agree heck iy goes in on eye and out well you get the idea.
so lets just all drop this. i doubt it really has much do to with listener x anyways, seems there have been some hurt feelings here long before this and all this is, is a reason to fight old battles just my humble opinion, i hope no one gets md at me for this, but if you do then look to your own concious cause i named no one and had no names in mind. why should we lose good voices and good people over such vain pettiness
love ya all
Dennis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
:wave:  :hug: Jesse
:wave:  :hug: Dennis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

hi ya sweet spell singer how is your voice i am missing your subs :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

its ordinary at present, still coughing violently

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:47 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

it does seem to be going around your the 4rth  i have heard with it and from all geographical arenas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I may get it too. I spend a lot of time here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

lemme snog ya Chuckles pweeeeeeeeeeze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
MorganLeFey @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:21 am wrote:
lemme snog ya Chuckles pweeeeeeeeeeze

That's a sweet thought Vicki.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Chuckles can you explain your Meez to me?

Post subject: Re: Vote On New Options
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Odie @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm wrote:
It's either try to make some option changes or get a moderator as Jian mentioned to keep tabs on SS like the mods monitor the KS forum.  I just don't think the current 'well, let whatever happens happen' approach is working.  E.J. maybe correct.  Maybe we should take this stuff a lot less seriously?  But to make that work right, EVERYBODY would have to agree to take it a lot less seriously IMO.  :)

Hi All ....... I was in the midst of this conversation last night, but I found myself totally exhausted .... went to bed and slept for 9 hours...... and now I'm back.  I've read both threads over again .... and I think that all but the first, of the options Luly has provided in this poll have value.  I would have voted for the second and third, but couldn't vote for two.   The more I've thought about it, I don't think deleting a comment is a good choice...... because at that point.... it may have already been read by several people, before the performer could get there to delete it...... and then ...... the damage is done.  I know that there have been a few times that its taken me two days before I could get back to my sub...... to view and reply to comments.  So ..... deleting at  that point would be moot .... as the damage would have already been done.  

See...... there are two big problems....
1.  People, for whatever reason, feel a need to be MEAN .... or say mean and hurtful things when they are "evaluating" .... I truly don't know what would compel someone to say to another "you sound like a moaning goat" ..... or "you were so off pitch, I didn't recognize the song" ..... but I have read comments much like those over the past three years.  And..... honestly ...... THAT is just being MEAN.  There is NO REASON for such cruelty.    An "approve this comment" button ... would eliminate something like that from EVER appearing on a page in SS.  And wouldn't that be NICE!!!!!   A "delete the comment" buttom would get rid of it ...... but, it would have gotten up there ..... and been read.  That isn't really stopping the problem.  And.... for people compelled to write trash like that .... after a while .... I think they'd get the message ....and IF they really wanted to participate in the forum .. they'd learn how to say things in a "kinder and gentler" way for public viewing.  
2.  The second biggest problem I have noticed is that many people "critque  someone elses critque"  of a sub .... rather than to critique the singer and the performance.  It's easy to get caught up in stuff like this.... we become friends .... and we don't want to see our friends hurt.  NOW ..... if there was an "approve this comment" button ...... the critiques that seem to "ruffle feathers" would NOT be there ..... and even if they were ...... it would be because they were ACCEPTED by the performer as NOT INSULTING.  Voila........ NO NEED to rise to anyone's defense ..... they approved it and it didn't upset them.  It was THEIRS, not YOURS ... so no need to make comments about it.  

Nathan mentioned that someone could make themselves into a perfect TEN performer ...... and I supposed there would be those that would try to manipulate things so they appeared that way .... but SO WHAT????  What we really need to get a grip on .... is this ridiculous mean and vicious, back and forth, name calling and finger pointing garbage that is just OUT OF CONTROL.  The ranking around here is just ridiculous anyway.  The numbers should go away.  They mean NOTHING ..... I couldn't begin to tell you how someone is ranked..... cause the last time I looked at that list.... it sorta made me laugh.  Come on people..... we all know who the 9 and 10 calibre singers are ....... do we REALLY need numbers?????  NO .... we don't.  

And yes, Kappy ..... there could be a problem with someone taking offense with a "refused" comment ..... and it might find its way to the Forums Board ... as issues so often do NOW ...... but at least in the forums... we have at least three moderators ... and a report button.  IF people used the  report button as soon as they saw the NASTY, name calling, "I said-you said" crap ....... I bet Jian, Lonnie... and Phill would delete the thread pronto.  

Ya know .. I have to say ...... three years ago ... I spent a LOT of time around here... and YES ..... we had "debates" and "issues" come up in the forums..... but NOTHING as mean and hateful as the stuff I see lately.  I mean.... imagine yourself BRAND NEW here........ and reading posts where members are calling each other stalkers, and fat cows, and impersonators, and making hateful sexual slurs!!!!  COME ON ....... there has to be a way to STOP it.  

So .... I think that even tho its not a PERFECT solution .. An "ACCEPT THIS COMMENT" is  a VERY GOOD solution to what has become a very horrible practice ........ ATTACKING ONE ANOTHER.  

I am not discounting the comments of Nathan and Kappy ... by any means.... but SOMETHING really needs to happen over at the SS ...... and even here on the boards.  

Gosh ..... why has the world become so friggin' hateful ....  :(

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Shotgun CC @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 am wrote:
Odie @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm wrote:
It's either try to make some option changes or get a moderator as Jian mentioned to keep tabs on SS like the mods monitor the KS forum.  I just don't think the current 'well, let whatever happens happen' approach is working.  E.J. maybe correct.  Maybe we should take this stuff a lot less seriously?  But to make that work right, EVERYBODY would have to agree to take it a lot less seriously IMO.  :)

Hi All ....... I was in the midst of this conversation last night, but I found myself totally exhausted .... went to bed and slept for 9 hours...... and now I'm back.  I've read both threads over again .... and I think that all but the first, of the options Luly has provided in this poll have value.  I would have voted for the second and third, but couldn't vote for two.   The more I've thought about it, I don't think deleting a comment is a good choice...... because at that point.... it may have already been read by several people, before the performer could get there to delete it...... and then ...... the damage is done.  I know that there have been a few times that its taken me two days before I could get back to my sub...... to view and reply to comments.  So ..... deleting at  that point would be moot .... as the damage would have already been done.  

See...... there are two big problems....
1.  People, for whatever reason, feel a need to be MEAN .... or say mean and hurtful things when they are "evaluating" .... I truly don't know what would compel someone to say to another "you sound like a moaning goat" ..... or "you were so off pitch, I didn't recognize the song" ..... but I have read comments much like those over the past three years.  And..... honestly ...... THAT is just being MEAN.  There is NO REASON for such cruelty.    An "approve this comment" button ... would eliminate something like that from EVER appearing on a page in SS.  And wouldn't that be NICE!!!!!   A "delete the comment" buttom would get rid of it ...... but, it would have gotten up there ..... and been read.  That isn't really stopping the problem.  And.... for people compelled to write trash like that .... after a while .... I think they'd get the message ....and IF they really wanted to participate in the forum .. they'd learn how to say things in a "kinder and gentler" way for public viewing.  
2.  The second biggest problem I have noticed is that many people "critque  someone elses critque"  of a sub .... rather than to critique the singer and the performance.  It's easy to get caught up in stuff like this.... we become friends .... and we don't want to see our friends hurt.  NOW ..... if there was an "approve this comment" button ...... the critiques that seem to "ruffle feathers" would NOT be there ..... and even if the were ...... it would be because they were ACCEPTED by the performer as NOT INSULTING.  Voila........ NO NEED to rise to anyone's defense ..... they approved it and it didn't upset them.  It was THEIRS, not YOURS ... so no need to make comments about it.  

Nathan mentioned that someone could make themselves into a perfect TEN performer ...... and I supposed there would be those that would try to manipulate things so they appeared that way .... but SO WHAT????  What we really need to get a grip on .... is this ridiculous mean and vicious, back and forth, name calling and finger pointing garbage that is just OUT OF CONTROL.  The ranking around here is just ridiculous anyway.  The numbers should go away.  They mean NOTHING ..... I couldn't begin to tell you how someone is ranked..... cause the last time I looked at that list.... it sorta made me laugh.  Come on people..... we all know who the 9 and 10 calibre singers are ....... do we REALLY need numbers?????  NO .... we don't.  

And yes, Kappy ..... there could be a problem with someone taking offense with a "refused" comment ..... and it might find its way to the Forums Board ... as issues so often do NOW ...... but at least in the forums... we have at least three moderators ... and a report button.  IF people used the  report button as soon as they saw the NASTY, name calling, "I said-you said" crap ....... I bet Jian, Lonnie... and  would delete the thread pronto.  

Ya know .. I have to say ...... three years ago ... I spent a LOT of time around here... and YES ..... we had "debates" and "issues" come up in the forums..... but NOTHING as mean and hateful as the stuff I see lately.  I mean.... imagine yourself BRAND NEW here........ and reading posts where members are calling each other stalkers, and fat cows, and impersonators, and making hateful sexual slurs!!!!  COME ON ....... there has to be a way to STOP it.  

So .... I think that even tho its not a PERFECT solution .. An "ACCEPT THIS COMMENT" is  a VERY GOOD solution to what has become a very horrible practice ........ ATTACKING ONE ANOTHER.  

I am not discounting the comments of Nathan and Kappy ... by any means.... but SOMETHING really needs to happen over at the SS ...... and even here on the boards.  

Gosh ..... why has the world become so friggin' hateful ....  :(

Well if you cannot delete then...once approved then it cannot be changed so that the person commenting cannot go back and change what was said. Once they submit there comment its up for approval and if approved then posted and cannot be changed.

Everthing you said here Shotgun CC....I agree with and is why I left for two years!!  I am now back...and I am a paying member now and we need this change to stop all this crap with people being so Mean & hateful!!!

Then maybe people like me can get back to having fun posting our songs without having to put up with hateful people starting trouble for whatever there reasons are!

As it is now Im paying to be a member here and Im not even posting any songs due to all this crap!!  :madgo:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Neo @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:48 am wrote:

Well if you cannot delete then...once approved then it cannot be changed so that the person commenting cannot go back and change what was said. Once they submit there comment its up for approval and if approved then posted and cannot be changed.

Everthing you said here Shotgun CC....I agree with and is why I left for two years!!  I am now back...and I am a paying member now and we need this change to stop all this crap with people being so Mean & hateful!!!

Then maybe people like me can get back to having fun posting our songs without having to put up with hateful people starting trouble for whatever there reasons are!

As it is now Im paying to be a member here and Im not even posting any songs due to all this crap!!  :madgo:

I agree that once a comment is submitted, the comment box should disappear.  No changes should be allowed.  That is what happens on the other sites I made reference to.  Once you make your comment, the comment box is GONE.  

Many of us are paying members ..... but paying or not... we come here  to share music ... not to be subjected to all this garbage.  I post Just For Fun ... and that is what I have ..... FUN.  I've made wonderful online friends..... and to be honest, I can't  think of anyone that I don't consider an "SS friend".... but I try not to get involved in the silly feuds that occur.  Oh, I have my opinions ... for sure.  But... I keep them to myself..... and try to stay focused on WHY I'm here.  To share music and discussion with people who have similar interests.  

I simply don't understand WHY things have to be so darn NASTY.  And whether you are right or wrong, or if your stand is valid or invalid .... I don't see a public forum the place for debates over very personal issues.  I am sure that is NOT what this site was created for.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mornin' all, hiya again sis...I was up til the wee hours gabbing with Steven and Neo in the other thread.  You are so right, we have got to stop attacking each other, but saying it doesn't help, having it spelled out as a rule doesn't help---so we've got to have another means to stop the insanity! Like I said in the other thread, we have got to have some CONTROL here!  Give us the means to stop the bickering and bad atmosphere.  Put it in OUR hands.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

And one more brilliant idea: the BLOCK button.  You want nothing else to do with another person?  BLOCK them.  You don't want to read their comments on your subs anymore?  BlOCK them.  You don't want to see another PM from them?  BLOCK them.  Get the picture?  LOL

P.S.  Steven, yes that should most certainly be interpreted as rejection.  :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Luly @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:43 am wrote:
And one more brilliant idea: the BLOCK button.  You want nothing else to do with another person?  BLOCK them.  You don't want to read their comments on your subs anymore?  BlOCK them.  You don't want to see another PM from them?  BLOCK them.  Get the picture?  LOL

P.S.  Steven, yes that should most certainly be interpreted as rejection.  :wink:

Luly you are so smart...This is a Great idea!!!!!!  :dancin:

I just wish it would happen!!!!  LMAO

Luly your awsome!!!!  :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mornin' sugar!!  :hug: Well, you mentioned an ignore button yesterday, this will be something like that if implemented.  Let's hope something positive happens here and SOON.  I am READY for some change!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes, Luly....... lets hope some changes happen soon.  I have been SHOCKED at some of the threads I've seen .... and the horrible things being said.  

As we both know.... at MySpace..... both the "ACCEPT COMMENT" and the "BLOCK BUTTON" work VERY well there.  I haven't seen this kinda garbage there at all.  Hopefully it won't be all that hard to implement here ..... and that it'll happen soon.  

And Neo is right.... behind that beautiful face ..... and that beautiful heart of yours.... there is a VERY SMART GAL!!!!  'course... I'd expect nothing less from any sister of mine .... ;-)  ....   :hug:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:oops: Cindy! You're making me blush!!  LOL

Awww, I'm not so smart, those ideas are most certainly from myspace like I said from the beginning.  I thought they were great concepts and would work really well here.

Your input has been so valuable here...and I wouldn't expect any less from you either!!!  :hug:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next