KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Vote On New Options ATTN: PHILL Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Should we add any of these features to the SS?
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 140
 Post subject: Re: Vote On New Options
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Odie @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm wrote:
We're not so much concerned about the Rank as we are the slanderous content of the comment itself.  And we all know what those look like I think!  What if the Rank score could not be altered by the singer? Only the language.

That would be an excellent idea, except that if you got a slanderous remark, most likely the rank would also be slanderous!  LOL

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:58 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
and make it soooooo much easier for the ones inflaming.
I have seen the pms/emails some have got from someone and they were disgusting and inflamatory.
Tell me how can one address that with admin without appearing like some silly whining telltale?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Luly @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:45 pm wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Ahhh Luly....  Ya know I love ya, but I must politely disagree......The fire will still be lit, just under different circumstances...and also, it will totally disable the 'C" feature to the point that it might as well not be there at all, just imagine an SS in which everyone can make there own perfect 10 "C" submission whenever they see fit, it would get ugly, and now that i'm thinking about it, probably worse than it is right now...  

Don't worry Nathan, disagreeing with me definitely doesn't bother me.  You may even make me change my mind if I see your point.   :) Regarding the perfect 10 submission....there are already subs sometimes that not everyone agrees should be perfect 10's, yet the comments are gleaming.  Yes, like I've said several times before I am sure it can be manipulated to give you all perfect 10's.  It WILL bother some people...others won't give a flying saucer.  This will not be a perfect solution, I doubt anything can.  But...maybe we can try it on a trial basis?

LOL........Well of course it's worth a try, but I have serious doubts it would have any impact on "business as usual" in the SS, as I stated before, it's not the system that is failing us here......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Vicki  :hug:  :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Luly @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:59 pm wrote:

hello sweet beautiful girl sorry to hear you are still unwell  :hug:
I too am still coughing my insides out

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:04 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chamjam @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:52 pm wrote:
Odie @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:41 pm wrote:
chamjam @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:36 pm wrote:
Luly @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:30 pm wrote:
Chuck2 @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm wrote:
chamjam @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:16 pm wrote:
I also don't think that those who chose not to critique on a 'C" should be reprimanded by others for "fluffing"...I mean were all here for different reasons, for me it's just a place to chill and sing anything I feel like singing, wether it sounds good or not, that's why I sub under "J" in the SS, I don't have anything to prove, and i'm not here to compete....And I might add that there are very few people in the SS that are qualified to give a critique anyways...I can only think of two people right off hand, and neither of them are even around much anymore.......But of course, "C" should have a meaning, and people should understand what goes along with it....

I couldn't agree more.

Same here.  That's a good point, Nathan.  Maybe we can ask people what they feel should be good ways to critique.  I vaguely remember Jazzy starting a thread once about the right/wrong ways to critique.  I don't remember if that's what lead to that option but you're right, there should be rules to follow.  BUT, that doesn't mean that the singer will like/accept what is told to them EVEN if they asked for it.  The wrong word is said, or the meaning not understood and the fire is lit.  And that is why this poll is being conducted, so that each person can make that PERSONAL choice of what to accept.

I also think that once you make your comment, it should not be alterable.  Not the person commenting and not your reply.   Period.

Ahhh Luly....:)  Ya know I love ya, but I must politely disagree......The fire will still be lit, just under different circumstances...and also, it will totally disable the 'C" feature to the point that it might as well not be there at all, just imagine an SS in which everyone can make there own perfect 10 "C" submission whenever they see fit, it would get ugly, and now that i'm thinking about it, probably worse than it is right now.....

We're not so much concerned about the Rank as we are the slanderous content of the comment itself.  And we all know what those look like I think!  What if the Rank score could not be altered by the singer? Only the language.

Once again, you make a valid point, but don't you think it would look a bit strange to have a 7 ranking on a submission full of fluffy comments?.....

Well, let's say you can only edit out the slander or obscenity, but if it's indeed a negative song comment, at least a simple 'Negative' has to remain posted by default.
You can't remove all wordage.  I'm obviously getting into some fine tuning and maybe silly details here.  LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

michaeljayklein @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:31 pm wrote:
What I am implying Nathan is that even when I've gone to threads and have shared my opinion or given what I felt was earnest advice or suggestions, my post is very often followed by an off the cuff insult or some pejorative of a sort by a couple of folks currently making this their stomping grounds.  Being a creature of habit, I always feel I need to address something I see here in a civil way. The only way to bar me from doing that is to bar me!  I know it sounds illogical but you'd have to be in my shoes to getting a gleaming of my perspective on it.

I'm still having a hard time with this one Michael, it's your decision, and yours alone, to either participate or not participate in the offerings of this website.....If someone dished out a personal attack in my direction, i'd either make the decision to ignore them, notify Admin, or leave the place all together, this is just common sense stuff, I don't even understand the issue.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nathan wrote:
LOL........Well of course it's worth a try, but I have serious doubts it would have any impact on "business as usual" in the SS, as I stated before, it's not the system that is failing us here......

Yeah, that's it.  IDEALLY, the system should work! But it doesn't because people don't always follow the rules the way they were meant to be followed.  And on second thought, you could probably spell out exactly how a critique should be executed and yet again it won't be done that way.  I feel if we put some of these tools in place it will make the majority of us happy.  It won't ever be 100%, but I think we can inch closer than we are now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:10 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Odie @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:04 pm wrote:
I also don't think that those who chose not to critique on a 'C" should be reprimanded by others for "fluffing"...I mean were all here for different reasons, for me it's just a place to chill and sing anything I feel like singing, wether it sounds good or not, that's why I sub under "J" in the SS, I don't have anything to prove, and i'm not here to compete....And I might add that there are very few people in the SS that are qualified to give a critique anyways...I can only think of two people right off hand, and neither of them are even around much anymore.......But of course, "C" should have a meaning, and people should understand what goes along with it....

I couldn't agree more.

Same here.  That's a good point, Nathan.  Maybe we can ask people what they feel should be good ways to critique.  I vaguely remember Jazzy starting a thread once about the right/wrong ways to critique.  I don't remember if that's what lead to that option but you're right, there should be rules to follow.  BUT, that doesn't mean that the singer will like/accept what is told to them EVEN if they asked for it.  The wrong word is said, or the meaning not understood and the fire is lit.  And that is why this poll is being conducted, so that each person can make that PERSONAL choice of what to accept.

I also think that once you make your comment, it should not be alterable.  Not the person commenting and not your reply.   Period.

Ahhh Luly....:)  Ya know I love ya, but I must politely disagree......The fire will still be lit, just under different circumstances...and also, it will totally disable the 'C" feature to the point that it might as well not be there at all, just imagine an SS in which everyone can make there own perfect 10 "C" submission whenever they see fit, it would get ugly, and now that i'm thinking about it, probably worse than it is right now.....

Once again, you make a valid point, but don't you think it would look a bit strange to have a 7 ranking on a submission full of fluffy comments?.....

Well, let's say you can only edit out the slander or obscenity, but if it's indeed a negative song comment, at least a simple 'Negative' has to remain posted by default.
You can't remove all wordage.  I'm obviously getting into some fine tuning and maybe silly details here.  LOL

Ok, so what your suggesting is that a member would only have the ability to edit out bad language or personal attacks?......Is that even possible?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

MorganLeFey @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:02 pm wrote:
Luly @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:59 pm wrote:

hello sweet beautiful girl sorry to hear you are still unwell  :hug:
I too am still coughing my insides out

Awww, I didn't know you were sick hon.  :hug: I hope you are taking good care of yourself.  Yeah, that coughing stuff is the pits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

MorganLeFey @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:58 pm wrote:
I have seen the pms/emails some have got from someone and they were disgusting and inflamatory.
Tell me how can one address that with admin without appearing like some silly whining telltale?

Well, the idea is to keep the ugly detailed remarks out of the public eye for all to see.  If you're getting ugly detailed remarks in e-mails you're probably on your own to toss them into the old cyber trashcan.  Obviously we aren't able to just toss the ugly POSTED comments into the cyber-trash barrel.  LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

then Odie the fact remains that some folk are going to be stalked and victimised and there is no redress.
Sorry but I prefer to be out in the open when I have something to say and I have never edited anything. If I take a strong stance I stand to be counted even if I do so alone.
Take it underground and folk can be accussed of all manner of things with no proof

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

chamjam @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:10 pm wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Ok, so what your suggesting is that a member would only have the ability to edit out bad language or personal attacks?......Is that even possible?

Personally, that should not be our job.  Bad language is automatically edited out here at the forum, it should be done over at the SS.  But then again, if you have the delete or preview options that would not even be an issue.  I don't agree that you should be able to edit comments, only delete or not accept them.  "Unalterable" is my stance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Quote:

Nathan, I think that could be managed by the software programmer.  Heck, let's make it so the only reason you can edit a song comment is if it's personally derogatory/slanderous/inflamed. A simple 'negative comment' statement would still have to remain. No totally blank comment space allowed.  The 'negative comment' statement would match up with the corresponding rank no doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Luly @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm wrote:
chamjam @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:10 pm wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Personally, that should not be our job.  Bad language is automatically edited out here at the forum, it should be done over at the SS.  But then again, if you have the delete or preview options that would not even be an issue.  I don't agree that you should be able to edit comments, only delete or not accept them.  "Unalterable" is my stance.

Yes Luly, if the same bad language filter that the KS forum has could be installed on the SS comments/song description area, that would take care of the obvious obscenities.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I tried to "mass PM" everyone on this site, but it won't allow me.  It'd be cool to get as much input as possible.  So far, "all 3 features" is ahead at 40%.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I put a little notice in the 'Comments, Questions, Suggestions' area under Admin.  What the heck!  But a mass PM would be better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
MorganLeFey @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm wrote:

Hi Vicki :wave: , I seem like one no matter what I do. Hell, just saying that makes me one. LMAO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Hi Luly  :wave:  I voted  :)

I like the idea myself.  :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Chuck2 @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:17 pm wrote:
MorganLeFey @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm wrote:

Hi Vicki :wave: , I seem like one no matter what I do. Hell, just saying that makes me one. LMAO

Chuck you have amused me to the point of wetting myself at times (yeah I know too much information), you have berated me when I have been insensitive,  but NEVER have you whined.
We can be on other sides of a fence honey and I would still hold you in the esteem I do now  :hug:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next