KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Bargain Custom CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bargain Custom CDG
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:45 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Need a little advice.  I ran across a site where I can have a custom made for $1.50 per song, $2.00 S&H.  I have a Soundchoice custom, but it cost a great deal more than that.  The site is "Karaoke Lounge" and they have a link to this site.  Has anyone ordered anything from them?  Also, they offer to change the key at no additional cost.  I have no idea how to select the correct key.  Is this offer legal and good, or too good to be true?  Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Bargain Custom CDG
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:30 pm 
If you have a machine that changes keys, get it straight up, no key changes.    Are you using them to make money or just for home?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:32 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Yes, I do shows.  That is why I questioned whether these were legal or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:27 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm just a singer who brings his own cdgs, there's another site karaoke freedom that charges $1 per song with $4 s&h.  A lot of soundchoice there and some other brands too.   And Select A Track is 2 pounds per track but this is a UK site for UK brands (many songs are not found in US brands)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:22 am 
Bargin basement stuff usually sounds like it.

Song quality separates the men from the boys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

dadman @ Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:45 pm wrote:
Need a little advice.  I ran across a site where I can have a custom made for $1.50 per song, $2.00 S&H.  I have a Soundchoice custom, but it cost a great deal more than that.  The site is "Karaoke Lounge" and they have a link to this site.  Has anyone ordered anything from them?  Also, they offer to change the key at no additional cost.  I have no idea how to select the correct key.  Is this offer legal and good, or too good to be true?  Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Are you talking about the one on GEOCITIES??

http://www.geocities.com/rahakim/CustomCDGs.htm

No way is that legal!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:06 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Personally... I Don't Mind Paying 4 Or 5 Dollars A Song For QUALITY SOUND CHOICE Custom CDG.s , I Have Quite A Few , But What Bothers Me Is The Fact That You Have To Put A Minimum Of 10 Songs Per Disc Which Can Get Expensive. I Remember A Few Years Back They Had A Promotion Of 5 Songs Per Disc Which At Least Is More Palatable Especially If They Get Scratched By Some Unscrupulous KJ!Any Plans To Bring That Back SOUND CHOICE?  Are You LISTENING?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
I would seriously worry about giving out credit card information on the net to someone who may not have a business license. When I found this site I was running around the internet looking for discontinued Sound Choice discs. I gave out my credit card info on sites that didn't even appear to be in business anymore. The sites were just still up and running. No email from them after ordering, no product and thankfully no credit card charges. But it worries me that my info is still floating around out there. I got careless because I was getting pee-o'd about not being able to find these discs anywhere so i took some chances. I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs. I was so frustrated with not finding what I wanted that I used paypal to get him his money and he actually had my "custom" (pirated) discs to me in about 4 days total. I got lucky to find someone who was at least an honest pirate. I may use him again if I find enough stuff out there that is no longer in print.  I got a copy of the famous Eagles CDG by Sound Choice for $10 or $20. That one I found one person selling a new disc of, and he wanted $300 for it, so getting it pirated was not a problem for me. Be careful who you give your credit card info to.... :asleep:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
I've noticed with a good number of my singers that have SC customs that they wear out faster than a manufactured disc. It seems like they get about a year out of the discs before they start to wear out.

Oh, and BTW, the link you gave to the GEO CITIES guy. That is certainly not legal. It looks like a guy burning you CDG tracks out of his basement. Someone should write him a fake citation letter pretending to be ASCAP or something like that :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:32 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

What about that karaoke freedom site?  I checked it out but it didn't say what manufacturer did the song, so I don't know how someone above figured out that a lot of them were Sound Choice.

For that amount of money, if the versions they offered weren't completely terrible (and if they're legal, by no means a foregone conclusion), it might be worth it to get a custom disc.  I've never gone the Sound Choice custom route because of the expense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:58 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Karaoke freedom is not a legal site, but she does have Sound Choice discs.  I bought a disc from her quite a while ago and it was a burned copy with a homemade label from Karaoke Freedom.  I asked her about it, and she said she was not legally able to reproduce the tracks but did it as a service for karaoke singers unable to purchase affordable music.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

I have some custom discs by Sound Choice. My only complaint with them is if they
get a song wrong on the disc they don't do anything to correct the problem. I went through a lot of trouble with them on this and nothing was ever done. If they are going to charge top dollar for thier songs they should make good on a mistake they made.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:22 pm 
That has to be a real site.   Look at the quality of the clown graphic. LMAO  :whistle:

Oh yeah....What real site uses the word F###? LMAO  LMAO  LMAO  LMAO  LMAO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:48 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
TOMMIE TUNES @ Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:06 am wrote:
Personally... I Don't Mind Paying 4 Or 5 Dollars A Song For QUALITY SOUND CHOICE Custom CDG.s , I Have Quite A Few , But What Bothers Me Is The Fact That You Have To Put A Minimum Of 10 Songs Per Disc Which Can Get Expensive.

It's still better than paying 15-20 PER disc to get 1 song PER disc that you really want.  10 discs @15-20 each equal 150-200 for 10 songs.  For 75 you can get a 15 song disc of nothing but what you want on it.  Sounds like a very good bargain to me.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:06 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Guys:  Thanks to all who responded.  Yes, it is the Ceocities site and, no, I won't touch it now with a 10 foot pole.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

So I really like this part:

Here is the breakdown of cost:

Price per song                              : $1.50

Minimum  songs per disc              :   5

Maximum songs per disc              : 14

Key change per song                    : $0.00

* Shipping/Handling (1 & 2 disc)  : $2.00

Payment accepted                        :  Paypal / Cash / unbounced check

Minimum songs = 5

at the bottom it says:

*** While supplies last. Must be a disc of 10 songs or more.

rofl. Did I read that wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Jeffieoke @ Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:17 am wrote:
...I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs. I was so frustrated with not finding what I wanted that I used paypal to get him his money and he actually had my "custom" (pirated) discs to me in about 4 days total. I got lucky to find someone who was at least an honest pirate. I may use him again if I find enough stuff out there that is no longer in print.  I got a copy of the famous Eagles CDG by Sound Choice for $10 or $20. That one I found one person selling a new disc of, and he wanted $300 for it, so getting it pirated was not a problem for me. Be careful who you give your credit card info to.... :asleep:
wait a minute...

For your shows, you acknowledge using pirated materials... that is, copies of discs that you don't physically own?

oh boy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

knightshow @ Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:05 am wrote:
...I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs.
wait a minute...

For your shows, you acknowledge using pirated materials... that is, copies of discs that you don't physically own?

oh boy!
Check the groups,  :wave: like myself, Jeffieoke is just a singer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

sorry, with a name like "oke" at the end, I figger'd he was an operator/owner/kj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would seriously worry about giving out credit card information on the net to someone who may not have a business license. When I found this site I was running around the internet looking for discontinued Sound Choice discs. I gave out my credit card info on sites that didn't even appear to be in business anymore. The sites were just still up and running. No email from them after ordering, no product and thankfully no credit card charges. But it worries me that my info is still floating around out there. I got careless because I was getting pee-o'd about not being able to find these discs anywhere so i took some chances. I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs. I was so frustrated with not finding what I wanted that I used paypal to get him his money and he actually had my "custom" (pirated) discs to me in about 4 days total. I got lucky to find someone who was at least an honest pirate. I may use him again if I find enough stuff out there that is no longer in print.  I got a copy of the famous Eagles CDG by Sound Choice for $10 or $20. That one I found one person selling a new disc of, and he wanted $300 for it, so getting it pirated was not a problem for me. Be careful who you give your credit card info to.... :asleep:

Clark Howard was talking about using prepaid cards sponsored by Mastercard or Visa for internet purchases. You can buy them and put what cash you want to use on them and you are insulated from your purchases and they can't steal any more from you.