KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Bargain Custom CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bargain Custom CDG
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
Been Liked: 0 time
knightshow @ Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:05 am wrote:
Jeffieoke @ Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:17 am wrote:
...I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs. I was so frustrated with not finding what I wanted that I used paypal to get him his money and he actually had my "custom" (pirated) discs to me in about 4 days total. I got lucky to find someone who was at least an honest pirate. I may use him again if I find enough stuff out there that is no longer in print.  I got a copy of the famous Eagles CDG by Sound Choice for $10 or $20. That one I found one person selling a new disc of, and he wanted $300 for it, so getting it pirated was not a problem for me. Be careful who you give your credit card info to.... :asleep:
wait a minute...

For your shows, you acknowledge using pirated materials... that is, copies of discs that you don't physically own?

oh boy!

If I get my own KJ business going, which is a goal to get done within the next 16 months, I would not post those discs in the book but I would have them at hand for my own use or for the use of regulars who would have use of them. I only have 3 right now. (All from the same peep)

That was the only way I could get Sound Choice versions of:
Soundgarden  Black Hole Sun
Soundgarden  Fell on Black Days
The Eagles Sound Choice Disc (They put it out before having the rights, which were never granted) $300 new disc

All of these I was COMPLETELY ECSTATIC to get in any form I could find and I got them fairly cheap.  :drunk:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:51 am 
Actually $300 is a good price for that cd.... :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
Johnny Echo @ Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:51 am wrote:
Actually $300 is a good price for that cd.... :)

He had it on the wall in his shop and it had faded from the sunlight he said, but the disc was untouched, still sealed (which is a shame).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
doowop.com had some... actually, one guy got about ten of them on an auction, and has slowly sold them.

I got a terrific deal a bit back when they had this sale on used discs. Half price!

SO I called them up, and yes, they gave me that disc for half price too! I got it for $200, and I was grateful for that!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:41 pm 
I bought that disc years ago.   I never cracked the wrapper.   I figured it would be worth money someday.    I just don't know where it is.     Haven't seen it in years. LMAO  :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

dadman @ Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:06 pm wrote:
Guys:  Thanks to all who responded.  Yes, it is the Ceocities site and, no, I won't touch it now with a 10 foot pole.

Would you touch it with a 6'3" Swede?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:58 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

dadman here. Very curious how this thread came to exist. I did not post it or respond to it or even know about until 2 or 3 minutes ago. Don't understand how this could have happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:01 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Whoa! I just realized that this post was from 2006!!! I guess I did post it......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
This tops any zombie thread KNF has ever opened :lol:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:34 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Sorry, but stuff like this doesn't interest me, Why pay $300 for one disk when I just got 700+ cdg disks in perfect in good condition for $200 CAD.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Thanks for the laugh guys! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:43 pm 

[quote="planet_bill"][quote="Jeffieoke @ Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:17 am"]I would seriously worry about giving out credit card information on the net to someone who may not have a business license. When I found this site I was running around the internet looking for discontinued Sound Choice discs. I gave out my credit card info on sites that didn't even appear to be in business anymore. The sites were just still up and running. No email from them after ordering, no product and thankfully no credit card charges. But it worries me that my info is still floating around out there. I got careless because I was getting pee-o'd about not being able to find these discs anywhere so i took some chances. I wound up asking several ebay dealers where i might find them and one person said he had the entire Sound Choice library and I could buy songs or I could buy discs. I was so frustrated with not finding what I wanted that I used paypal to get him his money and he actually had my "custom" (pirated) discs to me in about 4 days total. I got lucky to find someone who was at least an honest pirate. I may use him again if I find enough stuff out there that is no longer in print.  I got a copy of the famous Eagles CDG by Sound Choice for $10 or $20. That one I found one person selling a new disc of, and he wanted $300 for it, so getting it pirated was not a problem for me. Be careful who you give your credit card info to.... :asleep:[/quote]

Clark Howard was talking about using prepaid cards sponsored by Mastercard or Visa for internet purchases. You can buy them and put what cash you want to use on them and you are insulated from your purchases and they can't steal any more from you.[/quote]
If you have a Citibank Mastercard you may be able to use their Virtual Account Numbers feature. You can create a credit card number with a predetermined maximum value and expiration date. The card number is associated with your credit card and just shows up on you bill as a regular charge. The number can only be used by a single vendor so you don't have to worry about the number falling into the wrong hands (unless they grab it and use it before even the intended vendor uses it) and since you can set the credit limit even the intended vendor can't overcharge you. Also you can easily cancel the number before it's used. It's pretty cool when dealing with dodgy vendors and really can be valuable with legitimate vendors as well since you don't have to worry if they get hacked that someone will have your credit card information. The number the hackers will have can only be used by the vendor they stole it from. It's a pretty nice feature although I rarely use it.