KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How to separate background music from voice recording.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:35 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm not sure whether the problem is related to the way I've hooked up my mixer to the computer or if I need a special sound card or if I'm not operating the software correctly.  

I have a condenser mic plugged into my Peavey mixer (PV6 - shown here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=631366).  I have this cable that has two plugs on one end and one plug on the other end.  Since the two plug end is colored coded gray and red, I put those into the back of the mixer in the "Tape Out" spot and then plugged the single end into the pink/red mic spot on my computer.  Alright so it's obvious from my explanation I'm not that technical/computer savvy.  I tested it, everything worked and I heard my voice loud and clear through my external computer speakers (which are plugged into the green speaker spot on the back of my computer) .  

I then went to my Adobe Audition software and inserted an audio file (mp3) in Track 1.  In Track 2, I clicked on the red record button and wearing my headphones (which are plugged into the front of my cpu headphone jack), I tried to record myself singing.  I thought track 2 was supposed to record just my voice but when I played it back (clicking the solo button so that only track 2 played) both the background music and my voice can be heard.  Is there a way to record only my voice and then mix it with the background music afterwards ?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

What you did with Adobe Audtion should have worked. That is unless you did some other setting changes that weren't mentioned here.  The 'vocal only' should have been on Track 2 and pushing Solo on Track 2 should have isolated the vocal part.
Off hand, I can't think of what could be causing the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Your record control may have been set at 'what you hear'. Set it to what  'line in'.