KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke system for home, please help! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:00 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Morten,
Yes, I adj. for each singer and every song. Once I have the graphic EQ set I'm sure that I'll leave it alone and make make adjustments by ear, (as opposed to giving a rock song the "rock treatment", (more bass), and giving giving disco the "disco treatment").
I have the DK millinium library, and have found that most tracks don't require indivdual adjustments however...
Some tracks do need some adjusting. Some need to have the tone adjusted, and some need to have a level adj. I have found that it is more common to have an odd track that needs to have the level boosted rather than cut, but there are some tracks that need to be turned down a bit.
When it comesw to adjusting the singer, I generally leave the high paramectric EQ alone and cut the low EQ to remove "boomyness" for low voiced singers, and then boost the mid raqnge to add some life to his voice. I do the opposite for "screachey voiced females", (and for some males). I turn down the midrange to remove the screach, and then I turn up the low EQ to add depth and warmth. Armed with this knowledge you'll be able to adjust for voice so easily that everyone will be amazed at how good you are at adjusting for voice.

Due to my health situation, I'm not in a big hurry to return to doing shows but I would like to do one for the new owners of the resturant that I was doing shows at on New Years. I may do a freebe for the local Moose Lodge just to test my stuff before doing a show, but It's not really nessasary.

For anyone following this thread, my system now consists of:

2 Carvin 832 400 watt, 2-way loud speakers with 15" drivers
2 200 watt, floor monitors
2 Carvin speaker stands
1 JVC triple drawer player
2 Shure SM-58 corded mics
1 Audio2000s ADM 106 corded mic, (with switch)
1 Audio2000s TV monitor stand
1 Sylvainia 13" color TV
1 Carvin PA1200 12 channel 1000 watt, (333 watt x 3), mixer amp
The DK Millinium library and various old DK, Sound Choise,
Original Footage, and RCA disks

In addition to this I have from my first system:

1 Odyssey rack
1 rack adapter
1 Mackie VLZ Pro 12 channel mixer
1 Digitech S-100 sound processor
1 Steward PA1200, 1200 watt dual mono block amp
2 Osborne floor standing speakers with 2, 12" drivers and a compresser horn
2 Sony, powered home theater speaker towers, (I've used these quite well for monitors).

My home system consists of:

1 Sony 5.1 dolby surround sound system coupled to a Kenwood 4490 quadraphonic reciever with the adaptor cartrage for a quadraphonic turntable and Acoustic Reasearch speakers
For those of you who havn't heard of "Quad", this is the big brother of the Digital Signal Processing, (DSP), that has been placed upon stereo and called "Surround Sound". It consists of 4 seperate channels, each with it's own seperate amplifier.

The 4490 has:
1 adaptor cartrage with a 3-band paramectric EQ for use with a "Quad" turntable
4 VU meters
VU meter level control
High and low filters
Mono mode
2 channel mode
Discreate mode, (4 seperate channels).
Room mode, (4 channels crossed over).
Square wave
1 phono input
1 mic input
2 headphone outputs, (front and rear).
CD4
1 signal strenght meter
Loudness control
Tone and balance controls
Switched and unswitched outlets
Mute button, (to weed out weak stations).
A/B, (or both), speaker select

This dino was king in its day!

Still missing:

Common sence!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6