KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Do You Sing In Hopes Of Picking Up Someone? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Just wondering if you get up to sing in hope's of  picking  up  someone r not? is it even on ur mind as you sing? r is it just for the love of singing?  Married r not does it enter ur mind what the other sex is thinking about u as u sing?  

Honest answers please, i can tell if ur fibbin....its a gift

OH and steven when r u coming by to hear me sing?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Had to edit.....

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
LMAO  thelma!!  that 'lil angel will throw him off for sure.....  ;)  you notice how he tried to get out of answering his own question?   :no:

can't wait to hear don's stories.........

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:32 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Billy,  Sorry to break this to you, but I've stopped looking back on what we had, and have gone forward with my life !!!  Not sure how to say this,  but I was out this weekend, and met the girl of my dreams...Here's a charasmatic photo of when I was singing "See me, feel me" from Tommy.... and this cute groupie warmed right up to me....  My breath was pretty raunchy however.... good thing she had a nasty head cold... Don't laugh at my eye makeup please !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:35 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yeah,  I know she's no super model but I'm not exactly Rob Lowe in that photo either

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:07 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Personally don't care what the oppostie sex thinks, although I get requests often from them to do certain songs.  I am married & am not out looking for a date (or anything else), but as a host, have to do a certain amount of flirtation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Had to edit.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Had to edit.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:19 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

All kidding aside,  I stopped looking at performing on stage as a means of attracting women when I was in my twenties...I don't want someone who's attracted to me because I'm on stage.... I want the sensitive woman who's attracted to the real me, (a fat middle-aged boring slob who's hair's thinning, doesn't have much money, sit's in front of a computer all day and night cracking lame jokes, and snore's and drool's in between while asleep).. Now naturally I'm very picky, why would I take just anyone ?  She must be intelligent, stunning to look at, very wealthy, and take the time to pet me on the head while passing by my computer chair while going to work, and returning home..Oh yeah,  She can't be jealous or Rubberina either...SHe's my main squeeze..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 pm 
ok What Now @ Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:46 pm wrote:
Just wondering if you get up to sing in hope's of  picking  up  someone r not? is it even on ur mind as you sing?

Yes.........While singing, eating, sleeping......Driving, shopping, cooking.....In fact, you could say I'm always trying to pick someone up....I'm a flirt....I can't help myself and don't want to.

But that's just me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:58 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Had to edit.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Charmin ~
Should I tell the truth here or just make up something that sounds good!  LOL
And our town is up to two horses now.  Maybe you just haven't noticed yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:14 pm 
BlueStainedShoes @ Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:58 pm wrote:
Keith01 @ Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 pm wrote:
Yes.........While singing, eating, sleeping......Driving, shopping, cooking.....In fact, you could say I'm always trying to pick someone up....I'm a flirt....I can't help myself and don't want to.

But that's just me. :)

And I for one will vouch for Keith's honesty. He's telling you the truth, really.  :wink:

But Keith, you forgot some........ "surfing..... posting"

....Let's make it simple....If I'm breathing, I'm on the make. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:25 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven ~ Have you ever thought of becoming a stand-up comic?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:23 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
"Actually, I'm pretty decent when I'm out at karaoke, really. I don't flirt."

So Charmin says...................but that all goes OUT THE WINDOW when she's singing on a BIG OL' SILVER OLD SCHOOL MIC!!  :shock:  :oh yeah:  LOL  LMAO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS]With the exception of the 10 or so singers who are 35+ .. the average age of our singers is somewhere around 23.  Soooooo..... given that I am... errrrrrrr..... older than that  :yes:  ... I would have to say that when I am singing, I am not thinking about flirting with anyone.  I do, however, wink at that KJ.  He's a hottie!!!   :D [/font]

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:30 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
Steven ~ Have you ever thought of becoming a stand-up comic?

That's about as bad as stage-fright can get Don.  I was an actor, and even that's nothing compared to standing solo on a stage fearing you are going to bomb, or actually bombing... I Couldn't handle it, VERY tough area comedy...It's one thing to hide and crack jokes in here, it's another thing to face an audience and have everything else that goes with the act...Body language, presentation, oh yeah...and screwing up the punchline is something I have a tendency to do anyway, that and forgetting jokes :(

I suppose what I'm trying to say in a long-winded manner, is that I don't have the guts..That's a TOUGH TOUGH area, and I love performing, I think that's about as difficult as the performing arts get..Stand-up.  As a musician a couple of us would go back and forth with the jokes between songs... Usually at the drummers expense of course...Yet formal comedy...I'm too afraid of rejection... LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

"......Hahaha....... Don knows better. And that's the end of the stories. Actually, I'm pretty decent when I'm out at karaoke, really. I don't flirt......."

In all seriousness, I've seen and heard Charmin sing many times and with her it's
the singing and the song first.  She wants to do a great job and the vast majority of the time she succeeds and the audience knows it.  She loves singing, she's authentic, she has her style, there's no pretention -- she's the real deal!  Now I could tell some sordid tales about other singers at our karaoke bar......  LOL [/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:11 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

I just want to look like I'm having fun, so others want to get up and sing.
I naturally always move to the music. A lot of the time I don't realize I'm even doing it, but I never want to come off like I'm trying to be sexy. I don't want that kind of attention.

Now I don't mind if other girls do. The guys love it. They can entertain the boys all they want. It will keep them coming back.

Guys will ask me what song to sing to get the girls attention. Most of the time
an upbeat song works better than a sappy old love song, unless the guy sings very well. Single guys want the girls attention any way they can get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I'm not trying to pick someone up, even in my mind. I sing for the pure pleasure of it. Most of the time my songs are pretty popular, or very obscure, but it's always with the mindset of trying to do something nobody else has done, if not in a while.

Last Sat, I sang "Cry Little Sister" from the "Lost Boys" movie soundtrack Sound Choice song. NOBODY got it. Had a whole room of "ohhh-kay!" But it meant something to me, and believe me, NOBODY else around us does that song! LOL!

I'll do requests too, but dislike that, because like every other singer, I'm out for my own satisfaction. However, as a host, I realize I have a duty to the folks there too... if they want it.

And Kurt, I've sang on old school mics... dunno where exactly you think it's all that except for the performance part of it. And I don't perform... I just sing!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next