KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Initial Forums page extremely slow to load - help?!? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I dont get popups (other than the ones I allowed in the setups), but every time I go to the forum site, either direct url or linked from the KS main website, there is a very long timeout that has to occur before I can login.  Actually, the IE window is frozen and wont respond until after a lengthy  timeout period.  I have been digging thru but havent found any errors.  This seems to be the only site I hit this with.  I have just been hitting the addy and then go off and do something else for a bit, as it usually takes a couple of minutes (i didnt time it).  When the page finishes loading, it then pops up on top of whatever else I started.  Strange!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas or things I can look for?  After I get past that long delay getting the first page to open, everything else works fine.  I can open additional windows and (must be the cookies) the come right up logged in.  I do not have the 'auto login' checked.

I know, I know, I need to upgrade my old Win98 PC, but I am on dsl and everything else loads fast, and according to broadbandreports.com my connection speed averages around 1meg.  

Any ideas?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile