KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Anyone have computerized rotation Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:34 am 
here... check this out..
http://www.freewebs.com/sacksonuts/featuresfaqs.htm
I think it does about everything ya need except unload the equipment but I suppose eventually someone will create a program to do that for you too... - tig

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:20 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Thanks, but why is everyone so damn rude here.  All I asked was a question and keep getting smart a## remarks.  I can say this, this is no way to treat people.  And as for equipment set up, I am one of the lucky ones who has what you call a DJ Booth.  No need for tear down or set up.  As for these boards, I don't think I am ever coming back.  Thanks to all who have helped, screw all with the snide comments and smart a## remarks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:53 am 
well then, luckily, you won't need the program that tears down and sets up the equipment for you...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Oh, I want that one Tiggie!

But to be honest, I am a simple person. I want simple things out of life. I want an easy to use computerized system. but I don't want it to do everything for me. That's where talent comes into play!

Just the new generation of button pushers if ya ask me!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:21 pm 
there is no need for KJ's anymore... no disks... no keeping track of rotation- it does it atomatically... plays mix music inbetween... on the fly splash screen creation for promotions or singer names... we have moved to the jukebox karaoke show... the only thing for a KJ to do now is setup the equipment (unless you are blessed with a thing called a "booth") and push START...

you all are missing the point and are shooting the message because of the messenger- I care less whether you like me or what I say so get over it...

if we dumb it down to the lowest common denominator and make it all easy as can be then it also makes it EASIER for the multi riggers too... they have NO reason to hire ANYONE with any talent because we have made it so damn easy...  they have no need to pay anyone barely any money if they havea  program that does 99% of everything...  it makes the button pushers we have now look like entertainment geniuses... 50 dollar shows?? why not??? 40 bucks for the button pusher and 10 bucks a show for the multi rigger... 10 bucks a night profit for the multi rigger- 5 shows a night... 7 days a week... 1400 per month and he doesn't have to do ANYTHING except continue downloading karaoke tracks and updating each rig... 12 months a year- over 16K a year no problem... throw in a few kiosks instead of books and ya don't even haveto worry about printing costs anymore... who needs to pay for a talented KJ when the bar can get all the music they want and a program that does it all for 50 bucks a night... I think every bar should have one...

yup automation is the way to go ... just ask the hundreds of thousands of workers in the car plants back east how much easier it made their jobs disappear... - tig

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
I can answer this rather simply... I have put pool tables, dart boards video games and juke boxes etc in many bars... I have a hoster now I can put karaoke and background on auto play...If I put a karaoke jukebox in one of the reguler karaoke bars the second week they would be askin and lookin for lanny or me..

Years ago a flight took off from Chicago. After level off a recording came on and said  " Welcome aboard This is the first computer controlled flight with this airline  All flight systems are controlled by the main computer in bangBang Ill Feel free to unbuckle your safety belts at this time and enjoy your flight. This is a recording this is a recording this is a recording this is .........

A jukebox does not replace a band or a karaoke show....

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:28 pm 
you must never have seen how the japanese do karaoke now... and the karaoke jukebox is coming soon... who needs a talented KJ??? if that were the case (you can't be replaced) then why is everyone complaining about button pushers and pirates/multi riggers???? I mean, how could something so inferior in quality replace top quality shows??? I needed the laugh, thanks....

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:47 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Tigrrr, I dont dislike anyone, I value your opinion and think it is great and I agree about how easy it is getting for the so called button pushers, what do you consider a Button pusher??  I myself am a PCDJ man myself does that make me a button pusher?? Also I feel that you can never replace a DJ when it comes to Entertaining your customers, sure there are cheap bar owners who would do away with a dj in heartbeat if it meant spending less money and I do agree with you on that, but in the long run I think that the customers would leave and find a place with a good dj IMHO.  Thanks again for all the feedback, lets please end this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

TIG
I Think you better get back on your meds LMAO . Brian has nailed it from post 1 you've been rude and obnoxious. Not sure how a computerized rotation program is going to kill the karaoke industry. I mean you've already went to PC haven't you ?You've already taken the first step towards ..."buttonpusher"  LOL .  Then you talk about quality KJ's...    Being a quality KJ has nothing to do about using BURNT DISCS  or computerized rotation programs or even expensive pro audio.
It has a lot to do about people skills which from these posts you seem to be lacking.... It's no wonder you're worried about losing your business .  It amazes me that so many people on this site are so willing to answer any question without prejudice or sarcasm.  I've been on these boards awhile and seen many knowledgeable people who for some reason just wanted to be a blow hole instead of helping "newbies" and not so newbies out.  Hats off to the people here who still believe in manners and patience and are willing to part with their knowledge day in and day out :hi5:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:53 am 
Jammy,
 you must have missed the part where I said I really could care less what you, or anyone else, thinks of me... whether you like how i word things or not is your flaw not mine and i have shared more knowledge than most here... I can't use any smaller words to help you understand that so I won't try... every answer that is given on this site by it's members are purely experience and opinion and if you don't like my opinion then feel free to pass on by... if anyone gets anything of value from what I say then GREAT... if not then great too... thanks for playing...-tig

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Tiggy
Understood ..  As long as you admit for at least this subject , you're responses
have been of one of a rude, obnoxoius and pompous nature.

If your responses have new members saying they are leaving this site for good
You should do some soul searching...  I've always  remembered your posts being
informative and insightful for the most part.   Please read this entire  subject from the begining . So many others have offered information and opinions without  the harshness of your responses.  I'm not talking about the banter between us two but the actual reponses to a legitimate question that was asked.

I know you don't give a rats azz of what I have to say and personally I find this amusing.   :handshake:  In the famous word of what's his name
Can't we all get along  :handshake:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:49 pm 
nope we can't....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:21 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Dude what the hell is up your a##.  I am seriously getting angry.  I asked a simple question and a few people gave legitimate answers and were very helpful, you on the other hand from the 1st post were an a##.  I don't get it, really I don't unless you have like 1 gig a week and are worried about losing it.  Karaoke to me is an enjoyable thing to do, it however is not my total bread and butter so for a few of your responses I have even agreed with your feelings and thoughts and then you keep coming back with these snide comments to myself and others on this thread.  If you treat your customers like you treat people on this forum, then you deserve to lose your customers to us so called "BUTTONPUSHERS".  This was the last straw, I personally have had it.  This forum seems to be people who think they know everything about nothing. No offense to the people who have helped, but this is complete crap and wouldn't be tollerated in other sites.  I think A##holes like you shouldn't be allowed to continue bashing people.  I am a NEWBIE to this forum, not as a DJ and could probably teach you a few things, and I am sure you could learn from others on this board, but you choose to bash instead of learn if someone has something of value to say.  Going back to what you say, I don't give a ratz a## what people think, then why the hell do you even post?? If you don't care then I bet a few here don't even take anything you say seriously.  I don't take things offensively, but you obviously do.  Get over yourself and If you have nothing to add or help with then dont freakin post at all.  This is what I hate about sites with post counts, a lot of users will just post to see how high they can get their posts so they can feel BETTER than others.  GOODDAY

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Discobrian24,
Sometimes you have to ignore the posts that are uninformational.  Even Homes for the criminally insane have computers now. Just remember you never know who you are talking to. Chill, and enjoy. Live long and prosper
Spock!