KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Single or Triple tray Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Single or Triple tray
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:18 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
For playing medium to large bar and party gigs, would you recommend a single tray RSQ 222 or the triple tray RSQ 333?   One other question, what's the best way to play music between singers?  Will the triple tray provide that option?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:28 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I prefer 2 single tray players.  Only because you can have one cued & ready while the other is playing.  Also you have a backup already hooked up if one should go down.
For fill music, get an I-Pod.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
before I went digital, I had a trip tray and a single tray (RSQ505 dvd)... now I just use the single tray with the computer.

I enjoyed the triple tray as I could have one singer on mic performing, and the ability to queue up two others... while I had background music playing in the single tray... OR I could have my dvd playing in the single tray (be it karaoke or a regular music video).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:18 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I use a triple tray and a 5 traycarousell. As soon as I can I am going to replace thecarousell with a single tray. I think both are awsome but seldom use more that one tray in the triple at any time. same goes with the carousel I only cue one at a time for the most.

Go with single trays

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I had a carosel and loved it. Put in five discs and just hit play... never did have to bother much with the mix music after that!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I think I am going to just leave the 5 disk at the house for practice. Mix I'm think'n i-pod.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:31 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Those are all great tips.  Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I use a triple tray changer and love it.  I queue the next 2 singers in trays and run through the trays 1-2-3-1-2-3.  By the time the singer gets to stage the mechanics of the player have moved and are ready on the next song.  I can run the entire show off a single player this way (other than a couple dvd's I have - which I use a single tray DVD player for).

I'm VERY happy with my RSQ 333 and will likely buy a second one for a backup in the near future.  I don't expect mine to fail anytime soon, but since I'm trying to book weddings and other parties now it's crucial for me to have a backup to insure the gig goes on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:42 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I'm with Lonman on this.  I prefer the single tray player and having two of them.  On the triple tray JVC you cannot queue up the two discs not playing.  You can load them in the drawers and have them ready to be queued up.

If you have two single disc machines the other disc can be truly queued, loaded, track selected and paused.  Then you're not dealing with it while transition.  For background music I use my laptop (and for running rotation and other stuff) so I wouldn't advise running out and spending $800 minimum for a laptop just to play music.  An iPod or Zen will do the job just as well.  If you're budget is tight you can get a mediocre, but acceptable CD/DVD player that is compact just about anywhere now for under $30 - if it plays CDR discs (most do now) you can burn your transition material.

Where I host on Fridays and they have their own gear, they have the JVC triple tray and the Pioneer laser disc player.  For my set up I have two single tray JVC's.  I plan to eventually, one day, go digital via a laptop.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The transition you're talking about is between 1 and 10 seconds, depending on the manufacturer... and you can start that while the singer's approaching the stage!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:19 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

for filler music, i use a $20 discman from wal-mart, i have an AC adapter and i have it hooked to a channel on my mixer, and i put a techno cd in it and hit play and repeat all and then set it inside my rack case and forget about it.  I fade the level up as i call my next singer and down when the music starts.

I currently only have 1 single tray player,  i do have a backup player, but i try not to let it see the light of day.

I do have a small portable DVD player if somebody were to come in and want a dvd karaoke selection, and it will play CDG in a pinch too (it does not know it plays CDG)