KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Mackie CFX 12 hook up Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mackie CFX 12 hook up
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:50 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a CFX12 mackie mixer and I'm confused on whether I have hook it up properly. I'm running JBL eon G2's with a laptop so the there isn't much there to connect. I ran my eon's to the main outs and my laptop to channel 11-12 push down the left button for sub 1 and the right button for sub 2, and push down 1-2 for channel 11-12 (per manual). When I start the music the meter is only indicated on the left side but when I pan left and right on channel 11-12 it goes back and fourth between speakers seeming to working. Could there be a problem with the indicator or do I have something connected wrong? Should the indicator only light on the left side? Thanks :thinkin:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:17 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Well channels 11/12 are actually one stereo fader so if you plug both into it, you should pan it straight up.  You'll send to either subgroup, 3/4 is generally where you'd send it to.  
Once on the subgroup, push down left on subgroup fader 3 & right on subgroup fader 4 - this is of course if you want to run stereo, otherwise just push left & right on both.

For your mics just use channel 1 - (number of mics).  Pan those all to the left & depress subgroup 1/2.  Now on the subgroup fader number 1, depress both left & right.  THis will bring your vocals through both speakers.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:40 am 
Lonman Kicks (@$%&#!) !!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:47 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Thanks Loman,

Should the meter light up on both sides? Right now I'm only showing the left side of the meter and nothing on the right. When I pan left and right on channel 11-12 it sounds as if it is playing on both channels, but the meter shows a signal for just one side.  :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:03 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

micbob @ Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:47 am wrote:
Thanks Loman,

Should the meter light up on both sides? Right now I'm only showing the left side of the meter and nothing on the right. When I pan left and right on channel 11-12 it sounds as if it is playing on both channels, but the meter shows a signal for just one side.  :shock:

Is there a large red blinking LED (Rude Solo Light) next to the meter anywhere?  If so, you have one of your channels "solo" button depressed.  Make sure these buttons are all up.  They are located at the bottom of each channel fader.  
When one is depressed, it would give the meter problem you are indicating but everything would sound fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:34 pm 

A little overkill with the cfx12 and how many channels your using lol, but even if you were only using 1 channel, great choice !  If used the cfx for about a year now and would use nothing else.  Ive never had that problem using my laptop or any channels where  only half the signal meter showed unless the rude was on.  

Dangerous
[url]seventhDS.com[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

SeventhDS @ Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:34 pm wrote:
A little overkill with the cfx12 and how many channels your using lolDangerous
[url]seventhDS.com[/url]

Not overkill at all if you use it.  It also has no more channels than those using the DFX12.  I've also used the CFX right around 4 years now & have actaully finally outgrown it.  3 player take 2 stereo channels & 2 regular channels.  3 wired mics, one headset mic.  I run the outboard effects back to a channel for added control and to be able to blend with the onboard effects.  Right now I run a computer for fill music going through a y connector, but will be making the digital move for my karaoke as soon as I get the new computer dedicated for karaoke so I will want another input for it to make a better connection (and sound).  I will probably just get rid of my V-10 & use it's inputs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:33 pm 

I was just going on the fact that the guy up there was just using two inputs lol, which is overkill boardwise. But im not saying thats a bad thing, id recommend that board to someone using 1 input lol.  

Im about ready to head up to the cfx16 myself. 3 cordless (1 of them is a headset), 2 wired (one condenser), computer, cdg player, 2 cavs, and an md which i keep sound effect snippits. Definatly the best board Ive ever used.

Dangerous
[url]seventhds.com[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:01 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

I use the DFX-12, similar to the CFX-12 just with a bit less.  It takes care of all my needs though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:51 pm 

:thinkin: I had been the same problem, thanks to your posts, I am never confused now
:o