KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Did my friend host handle the situation correctly Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
I went to the show of a friend this past Wednesday night where a patron lied to the owner that he got skipped by the host.
What actually happened was he got up and bailed on the song three lines into the song. The host took another request from the guy. He also started the next singer's song before he put in the new song and set it up for the next song.
By the time he called him up the guy had left after lying to the owner that he was skipped and cussed out by the host. I know my friend and he's not the type to be so unprofessional to cuss out anyone while working no matter how much they agrivate him.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Unfortunately the customer is always right, unless you don't care anything about the gig, then they are wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:08 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
No the costumer is not always right....you have to be fair to everyone .....i never let my costumers control my show..they know im fair...and i dont stray from my morals or the printed rules in the book for noone...im known for a fair show..and it will stay that way...never give in

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
GK Productions wrote:
No the costumer is not always right....you have to be fair to everyone .....i never let my costumers control my show..they know im fair...and i dont stray from my morals or the printed rules in the book for noone...im known for a fair show..and it will stay that way...never give in

Personally I am with GK on this. I'm not going to alienate the rest of the singers to cater to just one person. Personally I would have made him wait for when his turn came around next rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The way I see it is that he was called up for his turn. If he decided to sing only 3 lines and book, that was his choice. And that is considered his turn. He doesn't deserve any special treatment.

The owner probably won't even make an issue of it but if he does bring it up, I would just simply say that the customer is lying. End of story.

And for what it's worth... the phrase "the customer is always right" no longer applies. Because it's bullshit. The customer is usually wrong.