KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Shopping for a Karaoke Machine Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi Everyone, I am looking to buy a karaoke system for my family and I and am looking at purchasing this machine, https://shop.luckyvoice.com/products/lu ... e-gold-mic if there is anyone that has use this one before please let me know about your experience, I would really appreciate it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:52 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Pretty much a toy and it doesn't show it can play anything other than its own files, the streaming service per month is in UK prices (6.99 per month which is about $10 per month US) but only offer 9000 song choices.
You'd be better off investing in a small pa system you can dedicate to the karaoke. And a service like Karafun that just uses your computer (or laptop or tablet) as a player is $10 per month for over 30,000 songs.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
michkhola wrote:
Hi Everyone, I am looking to buy a karaoke system for my family and I and am looking at purchasing this machine, https://shop.luckyvoice.com/products/lu ... e-gold-mic if there is anyone that has use this one before please let me know about your experience, I would really appreciate it.

This is considered junk. It's a toy for 5 year olds. A decent home system consisting of a mixer, powered speakers, microphones, cables, etc. is going to cost you not less than $500. You will need a laptop and karaoke hosting software to play the karaoke files, unless you subscribe to Karafun as Lonnie suggests. You can connect your laptop to your TV's HDMI port to display the graphics.

No one here is going to recommend "toys" or systems that are labeled "karaoke". They are junk. And one thing you never want to do is use your Home Theater speakers for karaoke. You'll blow them up. There's a difference between home stereo speakers and pro speakers.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Alan B wrote:
A decent home system consisting of a mixer, powered speakers, microphones, cables, etc. is going to cost you not less than $500.

During the height of the pandemic, I broke down and bought one of the Singing Machine branded ones from Sam's Club for $200 (a... $10 a month subscription fee, I think?). Obviously, it's not as good as a professional set up, but as a home system? I've been pretty happy with it.

Used it twice with other people. Now it just sits in my home office so if I want to step away from the computer and sing a song, I can. Probably not getting the full use out of it that I could, but it definitely helped with everything being closed, and at a decent price point.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:12 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello, my little sister has such a thing, this microphone is cheap and bad, spend a lot of money and buy something worthwhile!