KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I want to say a great big thank you to Bob Latshaw Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:38 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Thank you for making your software copy and paste friendly. Makes it easy for me to put in requests from either OpenKJ Songbook or Songbookdb which have copy and paste capability. Songbookdb has copy and paste for both the song request and the singer's name. OpenKJ Songbook only has it for the song request itself.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
isn't this a normal thing? Siglos has always done it so i just thought it was a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

No, can't copy and paste in DEX or Compuhost. Have to type everything in. One of the many reasons that I dislike Compuhost. I don't like it in DEX but their willingness to add stuff necessary for covid is the only reason I won't bash them. Stuff like remote requests.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
You're welcome. Nice to hear kind words from you Danny.

Made my day :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
No, can't copy and paste in DEX or Compuhost. Have to type everything in. One of the many reasons that I dislike Compuhost. I don't like it in DEX but their willingness to add stuff necessary for covid is the only reason I won't bash them. Stuff like remote requests.

well.... look like DEX is behind.
you have Siglos and it can do that....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

well.... look like DEX is behind.
you have Siglos and it can do that....

Unfortunately the copy and paste will never be available in DEX because it doesn't run in the true Windows environment that most karaoke programs run in, at least that's their excuse, but in a gaming environment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob, which naming convention would you recommend? If I wanted to use DEX for primarily DJ and not have to switch software because DEX doesn't play well with other audio visual software, they recommend A - T - D. Would that work with Karma.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I'm loving Karaoke File Manager. It blows away PCDJ's Karaoke File Renamer because of probably one important factor, PCDJ'S program only works on mp3+g and mp3+g zipped files, while Karaoke File Manager works on most other files. With the exception of Windows Media files but for me that doesn't matter because I have none of those.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bob, which naming convention would you recommend? If I wanted to use DEX for primarily DJ and not have to switch software because DEX doesn't play well with other audio visual software, they recommend A - T - D. Would that work with Karma.

It will work
Karma has 11 different naming formats to choose from including A - T - D

Menu-Media-Add Folder and then choose your desired naming convention. (The file names would have to be changed first to the A - T - D order)

One nice thing in the Karma media display window is that you can drag and drop the headers - Artist - Title - DiscID to whatever order left to right that you want to display them. Just left click and hold one of them and drag it where you want it. This just changes the display order and not the underlying naming of the files.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

dsm2000 wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

It will work
Karma has 11 different naming formats to choose from including A - T - D

Menu-Media-Add Folder and then choose your desired naming convention. (The file names would have to be changed first to the A - T - D order)

One nice thing in the Karma media display window is that you can drag and drop the headers - Artist - Title - DiscID to whatever order left to right that you want to display them. Just left click and hold one of them and drag it where you want it. This just changes the display order and not the underlying naming of the files.

He's right, it will work, but to answer your question, I'd recommend the standard format D - A - T , which is the most widely used and supported format, but, as long as you have a licensed copy of KJ File Manager, you can change your whole collection on the fly whenever you want. Extremely quickly if all of your files aren't zipped. Which reminds me, take a minute and read the tips section of the Karma help file under the main menu. Those tips do help a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I am really loving karaoke file Manager. It blows away any renaming software that I have found. Discovered it will actually flip the first Artist name in a duet without affecting the rest of the name. A Songbook software that will allow flipping names doesn't really work right. Have to cut the other name out of the selection and paste it back into it after flipping the first name to first name first. Question if I highlighted all and used the flip name function on everything will it just flip what I want flipped? Never mind it would probably screw up earth, wind and fire.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I am really loving karaoke file Manager. It blows away any renaming software that I have found. Discovered it will actually flip the first Artist name in a duet without affecting the rest of the name. A Songbook software that will allow flipping names doesn't really work right. Have to cut the other name out of the selection and paste it back into it after flipping the first name to first name first. Question if I highlighted all and used the flip name function on everything will it just flip what I want flipped? Never mind it would probably screw up earth, wind and fire.

It doesn't handle all situations the same. That's the kind of tool that can be dangerous using it on all files at once if you're unsure of the results. Do a smaller section first. For example, sort them by artist and do just the 'A's first. Then visually scan the results. If you like the percentage of good results, then do the rest.

Some people have some really crazy naming conventions that can screw with some of the tools like that one. Also, KJ File Manager doesn't have an undo function so treat it like a chainsaw. Yes you can simply tell it to flip them back if you don't like it, but there's always the possibility of some strange anomaly in most of the files that could prevent it from working properly getting them back to their original names. Another reason why, if you can afford it, to have a complete backup of your entire collection available at all times. If you do, then you can experiment all you want.