KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Singing is a super-spreader activity Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
:!: Seems to me that enough people were dying especially in New York City, that the funeral parlors were overwhelmed, trucks were being rented to put bodies in, that is a lot of people. They were also digging mass graves at pauper's field, just like they did in the Civil War, after a battle. That was at the height of the pandemic, now those spikes are moving South and West. While the Midwest and the North East continues to try and bend the curve down, while at the same time reopen.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Seems to me that enough people were dying especially in New York City, that the funeral parlors were overwhelmed, trucks were being rented to put bodies in, that is a lot of people. They were also digging mass graves at popper's field, just like they did in the Civil War, after a battle. That was at the height of the pandemic, now those spikes are moving South and West. While the Midwest and the North East continues to try and bend the curve down, while at the same time reopen.

The governor of NY said that any bars not following the reopening guidelines will lose their liquor license.

He ain't taking no (@$%&#!) and is taking this thing seriously. Not like some other governors like in Arizona or Utah who could give a (@$%&#!). Then again, most of the people in those states don't give a (@$%&#!) either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: What we have here Alan is not only "Failure to Communicate", but also a complete disregard for the health and safety of the public, which these elected officials have sworn to defend and protect, as well as serve faithfully.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I will be going back to karaoke, tonight (6/18). And I feel pretty safe in doing so... Why is that? Glad you asked. Because Michigan is one of two states that are in the "green". The numbers are down and the virus is under control... thanks to the great leadership of our governor.

Unlike many other governors, Governor Whitmer's goal was saving people's lives. Despite the protests in Lansing to reopen, and threats of lawsuits, she didn't back down. She strictly enforced the "stay at home" order, social distancing, and mask wearing. She extended the stay at home order, twice. And she used the data from medical experts to reopen, and she wasn't swayed by politics.

If every other governor would have followed her lead, the virus would be gone.

So, since our state is among the safest, I'm ready to go back. Even Utah, is listed as "at risk" on the map (and still climbing, by the way).

So, wish me luck tonight! And believe me, if my state was in a high risk group, I would not be going back.

Attachments:
covid-map.jpg
covid-map.jpg [ 78.1 KiB | Viewed 29004 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: First of of all GOOD LUCK, Alan! I'm just wondering are you working inside or outside? Outside would seem to be the best way to reopen a show, sort of like a beer garden type approach. The virus is not as easily transmitted outside, as inside. The example being inside rallies v.s. outside protesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: That reminds me this is Friday, the day Mr.Scott is doing his show. I hope that things are still going well for him, and that his patrons are all safe, as well as himself. I see he is at least looking at the forum site this morning. If he is, good luck on tonight's show.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:?: I'm just wondering how Alan and Mr.Scott's shows went last night. I was hoping that they would report, since they are a few of the hosts that have gone back to doing shows again, along with Lonman, and a few others. I'm wondering what their crowds are like, and if they are following safety guidelines?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:?: Haven't heard from Mr.Scott or Alan about how the shows went. I wish they would let us know, and also give some insight to hosts that are thinking about going back to work?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:?: Haven't heard from Mr.Scott or Alan about how the shows went. I wish they would let us know, and also give some insight to hosts that are thinking about going back to work?

OK, my Thursday show went well. The venue had both indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor capacity is 200 people, however I don't think that there were more than 50 people inside. I had a total of 19 singers, which isn't bad since I really didn't think that it would be that much since a lot of people are still afraid to go out.

Nobody wore masks, however the tables were spaced apart and basically people stayed at them and did not move around the bar socializing. As for me, I am set up in the back of the room, away from tables. Mic covers were used and changed after each performance. I had the singers remove them and put the mic back down at which point, I would take it and disinfect it and put a new cover on. Nobody objected to using mic covers, unlike those idiots in Utah, but if they refused they would not sing.

All in all in went pretty well for the first night back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:15 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Alan did any of your singers bring their own mic? If they did, did changing the mics delay your show. Inquiring minds want to know lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

bazinga wrote:
Alan did any of your singers bring their own mic? If they did, did changing the mics delay your show. Inquiring minds want to know lol

No, they did not. Most of the people that bought their own mics come to my show at another bar in another town, which hasn't started back up yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
I finally broke down and went out when I saw a show about an hour away from me this weekend. Mics sanitized between singers, masks required when entering the building and while travelling through the building--they turned folks away at the door who refused to wear a mask. Good spacing between patrons.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Went to 2 different places this weekend and there was a vast difference between how they worked the mic. Unless the host of the first show changes her way, I won't be going back. Foam windscreens taped to the mics and spraying each mic with alcohol as she handed it to the singers. Only sang one song there. That was Friday night. Saturday night the host placed the mic after wiping with disinfectant wipes and allowing the singers to pick their favorite colored windscreens which they placed on the mic heads before singing and took them off after singing. Didn't interfere with the singer's singing time at all. He also had a cord for bring your own wired mic which a couple of people did bring their own mic. I have decided that I plan on doing the same thing, only difference is that I plan on doing the remote request for requests with OpenKJ until DEX gets their remote request system up and running.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
I finally broke down and went out when I saw a show about an hour away from me this weekend. Mics sanitized between singers, masks required when entering the building and while travelling through the building--they turned folks away at the door who refused to wear a mask. Good spacing between patrons.

Now, that is what taking responsibility to make things safe is all about. This bar is to be commended. It's too bad that so many of them are reopening with any precautions or guidelines to make things safe for their patrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hey Mr. Scott...

Can yous shed some light on this....

Utah's governor said he has "no plans" to shut down the economy, directly pushing back at a public health official who warned that as COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the state, "a complete shutdown" may be the only way to curb the spread. Dr. Angela Dunn, Utah's epidemiologist, made the dire warning in a memo obtained by ABC Salt Lake affiliate KTVX on Monday.

And, here's a follow up question for you:

In light of all this and since you're at more risk than ever...

Do you still plan to continue hosting karaoke?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Hey Mr. Scott...

Can yous shed some light on this....

Utah's governor said he has "no plans" to shut down the economy, directly pushing back at a public health official who warned that as COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the state, "a complete shutdown" may be the only way to curb the spread. Dr. Angela Dunn, Utah's epidemiologist, made the dire warning in a memo obtained by ABC Salt Lake affiliate KTVX on Monday.

And, here's a follow up question for you:

In light of all this and since you're at more risk than ever...

Do you still plan to continue hosting karaoke?

:!: I don't mind saying Alan I'm a little worried about Mr.Scott. We have been accused of running him off. Maybe it is something more serious. With Utah becoming more of a hot spot and Arizona just next door, I wonder if maybe Mr.Scott has become infected since he is on the front lines, like what happened to Paradigm? If that is the case that could answer many questions like why no weekly updates on his shows progress. I just hope he is ok. I remember him saying if he did become infected he would fight it out at home, isolated.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I don't mind saying Alan I'm a little worried about Mr.Scott. We have been accused of running him off. Maybe it is something more serious.

I agree with you and I'm a little worried, too.

Look, while I may not agree with everyone's views on this forum, or their political convictions, there is really nobody that I dislike and I certainly would not want to see harm come to anybody.