KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Would you go back to karaoke... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:24 am
Posts: 185
Images: 3
Location: Salina,KS
Been Liked: 6 times
Alan B wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
OK everybody..I know the Corna is Bad...it has been consuming everything....it seems like its all everyone is talking about...TV..News...Papers..ECT...I DO GET IT..Its Bad...but does it have to end up being a main topic on here..as well....we should be talking about new releases..songs we would like to see releases...the right or wrong way to do a show....Grated there is no karaoke going on right now..even here all bars are closed....but they will be open. It would just be nice to go and visit karaoke scene with that being here as well. Im not being rude or hateful....just the corna subject..is like beating a dead horse...we will get thru this...and life will get back to normal..hopefully soon.

Everyone is talking about it because it has totally changed our lives and probably continue to do so in the future. It's a life or death situation. And it's not to be taken lightly.

Not much else to talk about since karaoke is virtually non existent right now. And the topics you mention worth talking about such as the "right or wrong way to do a show", has been discussed a million times over.

I think that reaching out to other karaoke hosts about their thoughts about getting back to work safely during this pandemic, is more important than any new song releases.

But if talking about it bothers you, why don't you just skip this thread altogether. Nobody is making you read it... or participate in the discussion.


Really...with 70 schedule new albums to be release and another 53 with no release dates ...there nothing else to talk about?????? other then CORNA.?..this is a karaoke forum not a health and wellness site....lol


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:35 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3976
Been Liked: 911 times
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
OK everybody..I know the Corna is Bad...it has been consuming everything....it seems like its all everyone is talking about...TV..News...Papers..ECT...I DO GET IT..Its Bad...but does it have to end up being a main topic on here..as well....we should be talking about new releases..songs we would like to see releases...the right or wrong way to do a show....Grated there is no karaoke going on right now..even here all bars are closed....but they will be open. It would just be nice to go and visit karaoke scene with that being here as well. Im not being rude or hateful....just the corna subject..is like beating a dead horse...we will get thru this...and life will get back to normal..hopefully soon.

Everyone is talking about it because it has totally changed our lives and probably continue to do so in the future. It's a life or death situation. And it's not to be taken lightly.

Not much else to talk about since karaoke is virtually non existent right now. And the topics you mention worth talking about such as the "right or wrong way to do a show", has been discussed a million times over.

I think that reaching out to other karaoke hosts about their thoughts about getting back to work safely during this pandemic, is more important than any new song releases.

But if talking about it bothers you, why don't you just skip this thread altogether. Nobody is making you read it... or participate in the discussion.


Really...with 70 schedule new albums to be release and another 53 with no release dates ...there nothing else to talk about?????? other then CORNA.?..this is a karaoke forum not a health and wellness site....lol

With all their is to worry about right now, I could care less about new album releases. That is the least of my worries.

I'll give you something else to talk about... how about the many bars and restaurants across the country who have gone out of business or don't plan to reopen as a result of the Corona Virus. New releases won't mean sh*t if you don't have a job because your venue went out. I think you need to get your priorities in order.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4890
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 298 times
Alan B wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:
GK Productions wrote:
OK everybody..I know the Corna is Bad...it has been consuming everything....it seems like its all everyone is talking about...TV..News...Papers..ECT...I DO GET IT..Its Bad...but does it have to end up being a main topic on here..as well....we should be talking about new releases..songs we would like to see releases...the right or wrong way to do a show....Grated there is no karaoke going on right now..even here all bars are closed....but they will be open. It would just be nice to go and visit karaoke scene with that being here as well. Im not being rude or hateful....just the corna subject..is like beating a dead horse...we will get thru this...and life will get back to normal..hopefully soon.

Everyone is talking about it because it has totally changed our lives and probably continue to do so in the future. It's a life or death situation. And it's not to be taken lightly.

Not much else to talk about since karaoke is virtually non existent right now. And the topics you mention worth talking about such as the "right or wrong way to do a show", has been discussed a million times over.

I think that reaching out to other karaoke hosts about their thoughts about getting back to work safely during this pandemic, is more important than any new song releases.

But if talking about it bothers you, why don't you just skip this thread altogether. Nobody is making you read it... or participate in the discussion.


Really...with 70 schedule new albums to be release and another 53 with no release dates ...there nothing else to talk about?????? other then CORNA.?..this is a karaoke forum not a health and wellness site....lol

With all their is to worry about right now, I could care less about new album releases. That is the least of my worries.

I'll give you something else to talk about... how about the many bars and restaurants across the country who have gone out of business or don't plan to reopen as a result of the Corona Virus. New releases won't mean sh*t if you don't have a job because your venue went out. I think you need to get your priorities in order.

Totally agree with this. What good is having all the new releases if you have no where to play? Personally, it doesn't matter what comes out if it is not a request from my singers period. If they don't request it, I don't get it. I don't want anymore dead weight n my library. Thank goodness for downloads, without them, I would be stuck with 14 dead songs just to get the 1 song that my singers ask for. What a waste of money and time.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:54 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm
Posts: 228
Been Liked: 110 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Totally agree with this. What good is having all the new releases if you have no where to play? Personally, it doesn't matter what comes out if it is not a request from my singers period. If they don't request it, I don't get it. I don't want anymore dead weight n my library. Thank goodness for downloads, without them, I would be stuck with 14 dead songs just to get the 1 song that my singers ask for. What a waste of money and time.

Danny this is one of the things I agree with you completely! I buy and download what my singers want to sing. Buying a disc with a dozen songs just for that one requested song is "definitely" a waste of time and money!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:29 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
GK Productions wrote:
OK everybody..I know the Corna is Bad...it has been consuming everything....it seems like its all everyone is talking about...TV..News...Papers..ECT...I DO GET IT..Its Bad...but does it have to end up being a main topic on here..as well....we should be talking about new releases..songs we would like to see releases...the right or wrong way to do a show....Grated there is no karaoke going on right now..even here all bars are closed....but they will be open. It would just be nice to go and visit karaoke scene with that being here as well. Im not being rude or hateful....just the corna subject..is like beating a dead horse...we will get thru this...and life will get back to normal..hopefully soon.
This is a direct karaoke related topic, it will be talked about and discussed. You do not have to participate if you do not wish to, you can use the little scroll wheel on your mouse to completely bypass it - problem solved! :roll:

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:31 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
GK Productions wrote:
Alan B wrote:
But if talking about it bothers you, why don't you just skip this thread altogether. Nobody is making you read it... or participate in the discussion.


Really...with 70 schedule new albums to be release and another 53 with no release dates ...there nothing else to talk about?????? other then CORNA.?..this is a karaoke forum not a health and wellness site....lol
Then bring those topics up where they belong, in the new release and upcoming section. They do not belong in the general topics anyway. Again, don't like it, move on, no one is forcing you to read it.
I agree with the others, new releases mean absolutely **** right now. I already know several clubs in my area that do not plan to reopen and others that will be dropping karaoke altogether. Some governors have already stated in their states karaoke may not even be allowed anymore as it was known.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 819
Location: So. Cal
Been Liked: 74 times
Now that is scary as that would also probably kill a lot of open mic nights as well and there are a lot of venues that have those as well as Karaoke.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
KarenB wrote:
Now that is scary as that would also probably kill a lot of open mic nights as well and there are a lot of venues that have those as well as Karaoke.
I think anything with a shared mic - even multiple bands one one night that the sound guy uses the same mics for all of them. Jam nights. Amateur comedy nights, etc. could be in jeopardy. But if people are diligent in cleaning the mics and take preventative measures between users, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:37 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3976
Been Liked: 911 times
Lonman wrote:
KarenB wrote:
Now that is scary as that would also probably kill a lot of open mic nights as well and there are a lot of venues that have those as well as Karaoke.
I think anything with a shared mic - even multiple bands one one night that the sound guy uses the same mics for all of them. Jam nights. Amateur comedy nights, etc. could be in jeopardy. But if people are diligent in cleaning the mics and take preventative measures between users, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

So, the solution is... all singers must provide their own mic. No more using shared mics. With many activities, you provide your own equipment. For example, if you are a serious bowler, you're going to have your own bowling ball. And if you're a serious pool player, you're going to have your own cue stick. And if you're into darts, you most likely have a good set of them, too.

So, why should karaoke be any different. If you are a singer that comes out to karaoke on a regular basis, then you should have your own mic. And it doesn't have to be expensive, either. You can get a nice Behringer XM8500 for less than $25. And it sounds very, very good. It's not a Shure SM58 but it's very close.

The days of sharing stuff are over. Having your own mic is the answer. I already got 6 of my singers to get their own.

It's simple, they come up with their mic, you connect a mic cable, or let them do it, and they're set to go.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:48 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
I do not have a way to feasibly connect a mic cable without causing tripping hazards. So no, personal mics aren't going to happen.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3976
Been Liked: 911 times
Lonman wrote:
I do not have a way to feasibly connect a mic cable without causing tripping hazards. So no, personal mics aren't going to happen.

Well, you can get one of these and turn any wired mic to wireless...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ess-system

You can also use it to cut the cable on powered speakers. I love mine.

There ya go, Lonnie. I just solved your wired mic problem.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:57 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
Not going to require singers to provide their own mic lmao. If it works for you, great.
Have actually heard on other forums, some states are not going to allow any bar entertainment for up to a year after reopening, so we'll see how that all pans out

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3976
Been Liked: 911 times
Lonman wrote:
Not going to require singers to provide their own mic lmao. If it works for you, great.
Have actually heard on other forums, some states are not going to allow any bar entertainment for up to a year after reopening, so we'll see how that all pans out

Wow, that's going to really suck. Do you know which states they are?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:49 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
Again it's a what they heard. Will try to find out

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:14 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4865
Been Liked: 532 times
8) It would make sense to keep a lid on entertainment, at any venue. The whole purpose of entertainment is to draw a crowd, the one thing you don't want to do during this pandemic is to draw a crowd. Until a vaccine is available you have to maintain social distancing.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:08 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
Montana governor has apparently made that reopening phase criteria for the state for bars according to a bar owner that lives there. 1130 will be closing time, limited occupancy, mandatory temp taken at door and no entertainment for a year.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:05 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4865
Been Liked: 532 times
Lonman wrote:
Montana governor has apparantly made that reopening phase criterial for bars for the state according to a bar owner that lives there. 1130 will be closing time, limited occupancy, mandatory temp taken at door and no entertainment for a year.



:shock: Montana size wise is about equal to California, but has only 1,069,000 people in the state. It might even take longer for denser population states, minus a vaccine to come back any time soon. You can bet entertainment of any kind will be at the tail end of the parade.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:58 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 224
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 59 times
One thing is for sure. Even when karaoke comes back in your town, people are going to be a lot more germ conscious. You used to be able to do a show with just one mic if needed, but now 2 mics is going to be the new minimum, because it's important that you clean the mic last used while the current singer is using the other one. It's either that or play a filler song while you clean the one single mic. I'd also put something on the crowd screen to remind people to not let the mic touch their mouth. That's just as important.

Another thought is to buy a small UV chamber to store the mics in between singers...

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilizer-Tempe ... 050&sr=8-1

The KJ is also the most vulnerable person in the germ spreading equation. He or she needs to constantly be keeping their hands clean and sanitized. If you're smart, you'll also clean your hands within view of your audience. Don't hide it. Be proud to be clean. You do have the option to make your singers place the mic in a holder without handing it to you. This could be a cleaner option but also less personal. We don't want to lose too much of that personal touch. It's a fine line. Of course I'm going to recommend virtual slips instead of real ones, but lets be honest, you can never catch coronavirus over the internet. Handing a microphone to one singer at a time can be managed, and is a lot better than also adding multiple people coming up to the KJ to hand in slips on top of that. Just be smart. Some of your singers are going to be more germ conscious than others. Play to the least common denominator and help protect your job and our whole industry. It's a new world and we're all learning as we go. I wish the best of luck to all of you.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:26 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22851
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2089 times
UV isn't going to do anything effectively, in the amount of time needed to fully sanitize a mic of everything. Most of the 'medical' grade ones i've researched state approx 15-30 minutes MIN plus the light only kills what it hits, the other side of the mic (unless you are using a really good dual bulb system) doesn't get touched and a reflective surface isn't as effective as the actual light. Plus it will not get into nooks/crannies/cracks of the mic either. The kj's using and touting them as 100% effective are just blowing smoke up their customers arses!

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:12 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 4865
Been Liked: 532 times
:? One thing I think we are all missing is this economic slowdown or recession could very well become a long term depression, despite the fact we are throwing trillions of dollars at the problem. If there are tough times ahead for many years, the first thing that is always cut from any budget is entertainment. Anyone earning a living off tourism, hotels, movies and other forms of entertainment are going to find few takers until a vaccine is available. This might be a long term problem, and those in the entertainment business might consider finding other avenues of employment?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 184 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech