KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Bad Singers - Where do you draw the line? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Alan B wrote:
Danny, to answer your question, I would rather have good singers who only drink water.

Now here is a karaoke host that will make the bar lots and lots of money.

Singers who are water drinkers only. Wow...Holy profits Batman!!!

I can see now why bars are breaking down your door to hire you...hell if you can attract that many water drinkers to your shows they should pay you triple the going rate, after all they are going to be rolling in money after your shows. :shock: :roll:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
RLC wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Danny, to answer your question, I would rather have good singers who only drink water.

Now here is a karaoke host that will make the bar lots and lots of money.

Singers who are water drinkers only. Wow...Holy profits Batman!!!

I can see now why bars are breaking down your door to hire you...hell if you can attract that many water drinkers to your shows they should pay you triple the going rate, after all they are going to be rolling in money after your shows. :shock: :roll:

I believe I said a lot more about the situation and elaborated on why I chose that answer. But apparently, as is usually the case with you, you single out one line in which you try to discredit me and then you try to twist the truth to create drama.

If you read my whole complete response, there would be no need for your stupid post. But we all know what you're trying to do.

But let's be clear, my good singers are NOT water drinkers. They spend money each week. But since Danny asked a specific question, I was giving him an answer and explaining my reasoning. Something you don't know how to do.

Good night jellyfish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
you single out one line in which you try to discredit me

Geez Alan, and you mean to tell me you have never done that?
Give me an "F" ing break!
You are the master at it!!! Where do you think I got the idea on how to do it?

Now for your "straight forward answer" cut and paste of one of your selections.

"A. Nothing. Allow him to continue singing regardless if customers are leaving because of him."

****Except at my shows no one would leave because of a horrible singer, way to much other fun stuff going on! Karaoke is about having fun after all isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I have had bad and good singers and hsve never had a single nonsinger leave, in in nobody has ever left my shows for any reason other than they may have something to get up for the nect morning or it's closing time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
You are the master at it!!! Where do you think I got the idea on how to do it?

I'm glad I was able to teach you something. You are a good student who has learned well.

RLC wrote:
Karaoke is about having fun after all isn't it?

Yes it is. But... it's no fun having to listen to an atrocious singer.

RLC wrote:

"A. Nothing. Allow him to continue singing regardless if customers are leaving because of him."

Thank you for answering the question with a straight forward answer. See, I knew you could do it! Maybe there's hope for you yet. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:08 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
RLC wrote:

Thank you for answering the question with a straight forward answer. See, I knew you could do it! Maybe there's hope for you yet. LOL

:roll: :lol: I somehow knew you would misquote me as you have agreed that you are the master at misquoting people! :shock:
Anyway Alan, nobody on this forum can help you with the problem that is unique only to your karaoke shows. At least to date nobody on this forum has experienced this problem you are so invested in trying to solve. If this problem actually existed at someone else's show I am sure they would come forward to offer you advice.
Oh well, good luck with your (and only your) problems.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
agreed, never had it happen in 12 years. but if Alan had come in and said "these singers are not up to my satisfaction level" and walked away (which to date is the only one to do so) i would not hesitate to say "good riddance" to such a self centered and pretentious douche bag.
or at least i am guessing since these bad singers only go to Alan's shows or the shows that Alan frequents.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
agreed, never had it happen in 12 years. but if Alan had come in and said "these singers are not up to my satisfaction level" and walked away (which to date is the only one to do so) i would not hesitate to say "good riddance" to such a self centered and pretentious douche bag.
or at least i am guessing since these bad singers only go to Alan's shows or the shows that Alan frequents.
First of all, I am proud to be the only one honest enough to call it like it is. I am not a pu$$y like Paradigm Karaoke. So, let me say it again...

Do I enjoy listening to bad singers? Absolutely not. Do I tolerate it at my shows? Yes I do. Would I walk out of a place that had really bad singers. Hell yeah. I've already done that. And why would I do that? Because when I go out for a night of fun, I want to have a good time. And it is no fun or a good time listening to a bunch of bad singers. Especially drunken bad singers.

Most people, at least the people that I know, do not enjoy listening to bad singers. They tolerate it. They may not leave, but they certainly don't like it. And were talking about singers, non-singers, and bar owners. Bad singers do not make for a pleasant experience.

In all the years I've been hosting karaoke, I have always encouraged everyone to sing, good and bad. Yes, I do know and have promoted that karaoke is about having fun. But that doesn't mean that I have to like hearing the bad ones sing.

So, if you and anyone else actually like listening to bad singers, than God bless you. But I don't. And I have the balls to say it.

This has nothing to do with your skills as a karaoke host. You may be the best host around but that still doesn't mean you have to enjoy hearing the bad ones sing. I've asked several friends who are also hosts in my area how they felt about bad singers and they all share the same sentiment as I do. They don't particularly enjoy listening to bad singers either.

So Paradigm, is the problem with my honesty? Or are you just being an idiot?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

And one more thing...

Just because I host karaoke, does that mean I have to like every singer that gets up there? Or that I have to like whatever song they've chosen to sing?

I'm sure that every one of you, at one time or another, had singers that you didn't particularly care for.

And if anyone is going to say otherwise, then you're a lying fool.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:51 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Alan, I find it hilarious the way you are trying to change the premise of this thread from singers so horrible that they drive paying customers away to NOW you don’t like to hear bad singers. Of course you did this AFTER you realized that your original premise was total BS that NOBODY ELSE AGREED WITH OR EXPERIENCED!
Yes Alan, we have all experienced bad singers and song selections that make us cringe a little BUT that is a far cry from singers so bad they drive paying customers away, of which the last scenario was the premise of your thread here and also total BS.
I think maybe you are burnt out....time to consider leaving karaoke for the more tolerant hosts. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
I think maybe you are burnt out....time to consider leaving karaoke for the more tolerant hosts. 8)

Thanks RLC for caring about my well being. But you see, I can't stop doing karaoke because if I did, there would be no good karaoke places in my area to go to since they all use cheap equipment and have terrible sound and pirate hosts with no people skills and the personality of a flea. So, I will keep doing this for as long as I can, providing the public with the area's best karaoke.

Thanks again, RLC, for caring about me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
RLC wrote:
Alan, I find it hilarious the way you are trying to change the premise of this thread from singers so horrible that they drive paying customers away to NOW you don’t like to hear bad singers. Of course you did this AFTER you realized that your original premise was total BS that NOBODY ELSE AGREED WITH OR EXPERIENCED!
Yes Alan, we have all experienced bad singers and song selections that make us cringe a little BUT that is a far cry from singers so bad they drive paying customers away, of which the last scenario was the premise of your thread here and also total BS.

We should've known Alan at this point. It's an old trick from his playbook; transform a sound discussion into an unhealthy debate by twisting words around until they mean something else.

Then he argues that point, totally overlooking what he initially posted in the first place. A valid example: what RLC said above.

@ Alan. If you say you're a successful karaoke host, then, by all means, keep up the excellent work by providing them with the area's best karaoke. As per your poster on page 5, "bad singers not welcome." You don't want to disappoint your good singers. 8)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
RLC wrote:

We should've known Alan at this point. It's an old trick from his playbook; transform a sound discussion into an unhealthy debate by twisting words around until they mean something else.

Then he argues that point, totally overlooking what he initially posted in the first place. A valid example: what RLC said above.

@ Alan. If you say you're a successful karaoke host, then, by all means, keep up the excellent work by providing them with the area's best karaoke. As per your poster on page 5, "bad singers not welcome." You don't want to disappoint your good singers. 8)

Speaking of twisting the truth! Brian, you have never been one to give a straight forward answer. You are the master of distorting the truth and manipulation. And then you try to find a way to try to put it back in my lap so I don't look credible. I'm used to your ways by now. Do you do this because of your little followers that support you? You are a god in their eyes.

And one more thing. Do you really thing that flyer that I posted was real? Well, in case you did, you have no sense of humor. It was meant as a joke. Nothing more. But again, it shows the great skill you have to manipulate a post so it favors you and your little clique.

Nice job, Brian.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
And one more thing. Do you really thing that flyer that I posted was real? Well, in case you did, you have no sense of humor. It was meant as a joke. Nothing more.

then make it.
post it in your venues.
if you believe this strongly about it, put your money where your mouth is and do it or admit you do NOT believe that strongly in it and zip it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
OK, so my duly considered answer is this, and please bear in mind that I've never, at least to my knowledge, had anyone leave a show of mine because of a bad singer.. I've had them go outside for a cigarette, or fresh air, or just to B.S. with friends... and that happens quite often.... but drive people away? Not that I know of.

Having said that, if I knew for a fact the offending individual was indeed driving away paying customers and clients, I would consult with the owner/manager and advise them of my observation(s). I would NOT take on the responsibility of advising a patron, no matter how bad, that he or she wasn't welcome.. That would be the sole responsibility of management.

It is the manager's responsibility to control the facility's cash flow... It is my responsibility to provide the best karaoke service I can within certain constraints... and those constraints are that I am neither the manager nor a bouncer.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Earl wrote:
OK, so my duly considered answer is this, and please bear in mind that I've never, at least to my knowledge, had anyone leave a show of mine because of a bad singer.. I've had them go outside for a cigarette, or fresh air, or just to B.S. with friends... and that happens quite often.... but drive people away? Not that I know of.

Having said that, if I knew for a fact the offending individual was indeed driving away paying customers and clients, I would consult with the owner/manager and advise them of my observation(s). I would NOT take on the responsibility of advising a patron, no matter how bad, that he or she wasn't welcome.. That would be the sole responsibility of management.

It is the manager's responsibility to control the facility's cash flow... It is my responsibility to provide the best karaoke service I can within certain constraints... and those constraints are that I am neither the manager nor a bouncer.

Good answer Earl. I agree 100% and would do the same thing. Let the owner make the call. And speaking of which...

At one of my venues, we have a singer that nobody likes. She's pretty bad. Although customers haven't actually left because of her, they have complained. The owner doesn't like her either and said that he would love nothing more if she stopped coming. I'm sure that if she ever did drive customers away, she'd be history.

I think most bar owners would choose getting rid of the offending person to keep the rest of the clientele happy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:57 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Tough one....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6