KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The "Perfect" Hosting Program? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrscott wrote:
Setting aside the possibility that Karma "might" actually be a decent software (I do not personally know), the fact remains that the seller offers very poor customer service to anyone who might have issues with installation or operation.

I see no problem here. If you have issues about karma installation and don't want to use Bob's tech support, ask around here at the forum. I’m sure karma users would be more than happy to help you out.

I never had any rude interaction with Bob. My requests for tech assist were sensible, within reason and answered promptly. btw, I tried and purchased full versions of ch, mtu, siglos, etc.; I'd still prefer karma. It serves me well for over 16 years.

Nothing against the other programs, it's all a matter of preference to me. I do like Siglos Karaoke player installed in my pc to play my singer's cdgs. Great features with beautiful image background.

Years ago, I suggested it would be nice to do something about the tempo control, i.e., make the slider adjustment in smaller range values; set it to 1,2,3 rather than jumping to higher numbers. Three days later I got an email from Bob telling me to run the newer karma version because it’s fixed.

Give it a try, Mr.Scott. It's not going to cost you a dime. I’d recommend http://www.karaosoft.com/ (from that page) click Archive, download Karma 2018.8.22 or Karma 2017.6.20 (latest version has a little learning curve). It’s a trial version but function as a semi-full version. You can load all your tracks from your hard drive. The only limitation in the trial version - you can play three tracks at a time. Full version is unlimited.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Brian A wrote:
I see no problem here. If you have issues about karma installation and don't want to use Bob's tech support, ask around here at the forum.

Well, I see a "big" problem here. Brian, you are so off base with this it isn't even funny.

When I buy something, whether it be a new car or a new refrigerator, I expect the dealer to stand behind those products and offer great service. You're buying the whole package. Would you buy a new car from a dealer knowing their service dept was terrible and then try to contact other buyers of the same vehicle if you had a problem and needed help? NO, you would want it serviced by the dealer that you bought it from. And you have every right to expect to be treated fairly and the service to be outstanding.

Most people would not buy a product from a merchant with a bad reputation for customer service. Luckily, most dealers are very reputable and offer great ongoing service and support after the sale. Think Sweetwater.

So, Brian... if you don't care, that's fine. But most of us do and want to rest assured that help is available to us if we should ever need it.

In all the years that I've been using Compuhost, I've called/emailed them for help many times. And each time, my questions were answered and issues were resolved. And I was always treated great and was appreciated as a customer. Compuhost service has always been outstanding.

Anyway, to each his own but I totally disagree with you on this one.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:
I see no problem here. If you have issues about karma installation and don't want to use Bob's tech support, ask around here at the forum.

Well, I see a "big" problem here. Brian, you are so off base with this it isn't even funny.

When I buy something, whether it be a new car or a new refrigerator, I expect the dealer to stand behind those products and offer great service. You're buying the whole package. Would you buy a new car from a dealer knowing their service dept was terrible and then try to contact other buyers of the same vehicle if you had a problem and needed help? NO, you would want it serviced by the dealer that you bought it from. And you have every right to expect to be treated fairly and the service to be outstanding.

Most people would not buy a product from a merchant with a bad reputation for customer service. Luckily, most dealers are very reputable and offer great ongoing service and support after the sale. Think Sweetwater.

So, Brian... if you don't care, that's fine. But most of us do and want to rest assured that help is available to us if we should ever need it.

In all the years that I've been using Compuhost, I've called/emailed them for help many times. And each time, my questions were answered and issues were resolved. And I was always treated great and was appreciated as a customer. Compuhost service has always been outstanding.

Anyway, to each his own but I totally disagree with you on this one.

Now, why am I not surprised about Alan posting negative remarks (as usual)? A generalization that's obviously not true. I could've switched to a different hosting program; but why would I do that when I am perfectly happy with Karma. I 've been using it for well over 16 years, reliable, stable and no crashes, 5-hour show night after night, year after year.

@ Alan: reading comprehension 101, my post above: "I never had any rude interaction with Bob. My requests for tech assist were sensible, within reason and answered promptly". Jeeezz! :roll:

Enjoy your CH as I would my karma. One has a right to one's personal preferences, and you're right 'to each his own.' Over and out!

PS: my apologies to Earl. I was on the topic until Alan lectured again with his "my hosting software is superior to yours."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
PS: my apologies to Earl. I was on the topic until Alan lectured again with his "my hosting software is superior to yours."

Earl, this is totally not true. At no time did I ever say any such thing. My post is about service and support. Once again, here's Brian twisting the truth. He does it rather well don't you think? He's very good at putting words in your mouth. Words that I never said in the above post.

Earl, do you see why things get off topic. Brian's post was a perfect example. He didn't like what I had to say so he lied and said that I said something that I didn't. And then it escalates from there. In this case, Brian is to blame.

And for the record, since Brian cannot comprehend what he's reading... the only thing that I said about Compuhost in the above post was that their customer service was outstanding.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
But make no mistake about it, CompuHost blows away the competition!

Alan B wrote:
Let me make this perfectly clear... there is only one software program that should be used by any serious KJ... and that program is CompuHost V3. Everything else is junk.

Alan B wrote:
The "best" usually costs more. Other's may argue and say that they can run their show using hosting software that costs much less, and you can, but not with the same level of professionalism and finesse as CompuHost.

Alan B wrote:
Your actions above only prove that you are trying to make Karma look good. Maybe you can't deal with it being inferior, or maybe you can't deal with CompuHost being the superior hosting program so you have to resort to such measures. Jealousy maybe?

Alan, why do you always go to such pains to disparage one’s personal choice? All I did was post an alternative program for Mr.Scott to try, and you took the usual route of denigrating karma. It's been apparent if we’re not using your preferred gear, be it speakers or software programs, then what we have is an inferior junk, or toys. btw, SO WHAT, and why do you care?

Frankly, I’m tired of Alan shoving his compuhost program down our throats as evidenced from his past posts (and there’s a lot more of that, btw), I had it up here already, and it just spilled from those threads to this thread.

I don’t need karma for tech support. ‘been using it for so long, there are no issues I couldn’t fix myself! So, keep your CH to yourself, and I will do the same with karma.

Out of respect for Earl, as far as I’m concerned I have nothing more to say. End of story & carry on!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian, try to stay focused. We are not talking about previous posts from other threads. So, what you posted above is irrelevant. We are specifically talking about this particular thread called "The "Perfect" Hosting Program?" Anything that I've said in other threads do NOT apply or pertain to this one... get it?! I don't know why you always try to stir up trouble.

Now, getting back on track... in this particular thread, I did not say anything about Compuhost being superior to other hosting programs.

Earl, if you go back and read this entire thread from the beginning, you'll see that Brian is the one responsible for taking it off track. Nice going Brian. I hope you're proud of yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
RLC wrote:
You can get any question on Karma answered by users on this forum...as many already do. You really don't need (or want) Bob's Customer Service.
I don't think I'd categorize Bob's history of verbal abuse to his own customers and actions such as revoking a license because he decides he just doesn't like you as "service."

It's really sad that customers who really need technical help are dissuaded from or afraid to get help from the very company that sold them the product and took their money.

Last edited by c. staley on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

c. staley wrote:
mrscott wrote:
You can get any question on Karma answered by users on this forum...as many already do. You really don't need (or want) Bob's Customer Service.
I don't think I'd categorize Bob's history of verbal abuse to his own customers and actions such as revoking a license because he decides he just doesn't like you as "service."

It's really sad that customers who really need technical help are dissuaded from or afraid to get help from the very company that sold them the product and took their money.

A little ooops, Chip. The quote should read: "RLC wrote:". (no biggie 8) )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:22 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
c. staley wrote:
mrscott wrote:

That was my statement you quoted, not mrscott's.
You obviously missed the sarcasm in that statement c staley.
I am not here to start a pissing match with you or anybody but will make this statement:
Karma is an EXCELLENT Karaoke hosting program with NO customer service available.
If a person can't figure something out they can ask here on this forum and get the answer quickly...now having said that...if a person can't figure out Karma on their own they probably shouldn't be trying to do computer based karaoke. Yes, it is that easy to figure out.

Last edited by RLC on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
...if a person can't figure out Karma on their own they probably shouldn't be trying to do computer based karaoke. Yes, it is the easy to figure out.

I share those same sentiments about using CompuHost. Just take out "Karma" from the quote above and substitute CompuHost.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Can I start by simply stating that whoever creates the "Perfect" karaoke program will be rich.... We all have our personal favorites but I have yet to find a program that doesn't have both pros and cons.. Therefore, there is no perfect karaoke hosting program..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Karaokedude69 wrote:
Can I start by simply stating that whoever creates the "Perfect" karaoke program will be rich.... We all have our personal favorites but I have yet to find a program that doesn't have both pros and cons.. Therefore, there is no perfect karaoke hosting program..

... and there will never be one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
c. staley wrote:
RLC wrote:

That was my statement you quoted, not mrscott's.
You obviously missed the sarcasm in that statement c staley.
I am not here to start a pissing match with you or anybody but will make this statement:
Karma is an EXCELLENT Karaoke hosting program with NO customer service available.
If a person can't figure something out they can ask here on this forum and get the answer quickly...now having said that...if a person can't figure out Karma on their own they probably shouldn't be trying to do computer based karaoke. Yes, it is that easy to figure out.
I fixed the quote - sorry about that, my mistake in the editing.

The point I think you're missing RLC is that if your customers are AFRAID to get support because they will be either berated for it and/or get a license revoked because they need help, that's got nothing to do with an intuitive interface. Plenty of software packages have intuitive interfaces AND decent customer service to go with it.

The fact that so many of his customers have to (not that they want to, they HAVE to) get help and support from other customers just to keep the software running speaks volumes. The problems that most people report have more to do with software shortcomings than their lack of computer technical knowledge.

It's easy to write intuitive software that doesn't work all the time... Just ask Bob... if you DARE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
c. staley wrote:
The point I think you're missing RLC is that if your customers are AFRAID to get support because they will be either berated for it and/or get a license revoked because they need help, that's got nothing to do with an intuitive interface. Plenty of software packages have intuitive interfaces AND decent customer service to go with it.

The fact that so many of his customers have to (not that they want to, they HAVE to) get help and support from other customers just to keep the software running speaks volumes. The problems that most people report have more to do with software shortcomings than their lack of computer technical knowledge.

It's easy to write intuitive software that doesn't work all the time... Just ask Bob... if you DARE.

Chip, the software works 100% for people who aren't idiots (and that's well over 99% of our over 10,000 customers). Tech support is flawless for people who aren't a-holes. You are both Chip. No wonder you don't like me. and you're darn right I'll berate people who deserve it. My time is valuable and after over a decade of being honest with people, I sure get spoken to with a lot more respect these days. Karaosoft's customer base has the least amount of idiots and A-holes in the industry and I'm proud as hell of that fact. A$$ kissers are a dime a dozen, but honesty, that's hard to come by these days. You sensitive folks don't like it, but respectable and honest people do, and that's who I want for customers. Not losers like Chip.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Everyone has their own opinion on the perfect hosting program, when it comes to easiest I must say the latest version of Show Presenter by Sax-N-Dotty's is very easy to use, it doesn't include some of the more advanced features of the other programs, but ease of use, quick search and history are all there...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Chip, the software works 100% for people who aren't idiots (and that's well over 99% of our over 10,000 customers).
How could you possibly know since many of them get their help elsewhere?
You don't.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Tech support is flawless for people who aren't a-holes.

Well, by the looks of how many of your victims.... I mean "customers" are getting the help they need ONLY from other customers and not your "flawless tech support" it looks like you've just done a wonderful job of telling current customers (and potential customers) that if they have a problem they're an a-hole. (keep digging that hole Bob)
Bob Latshaw wrote:
You are both Chip. No wonder you don't like me.
Are you sure I don't like you? I only dislike arrogant, narcissistic and disrespectful people Bob.... oh, and people that don't comply with court orders, liars and crooks. Otherwise, I like just about everyone else. I'm sorry if you feel that your self-worth can only be measured on the basis of whether or not you think I like you. I sleep just fine knowing you don't like me, I don't waste a minute of my time thinking about it. But apparently, I'm living in your head... rent free.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
and you're darn right I'll berate people who deserve it. My time is valuable and after over a decade of being honest with people, I sure get spoken to with a lot more respect these days.
You're confusing berating people "who deserve it" with people who simply ask for help. I can only imagine that getting asked the same questions by many customers having problems over and over again can become quite frustrating for you and rather than lashing out at them for it, how about fixing your software so the question never comes up? Try it sometime, it's downright fun!. You think people are talking to you with respect? "Respect?" is that what you're calling it? Guess again.
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Karaosoft's customer base has the least amount of idiots and A-holes in the industry and I'm proud as hell of that fact. A$$ kissers are a dime a dozen, but honesty, that's hard to come by these days. You sensitive folks don't like it, but respectable and honest people do, and that's who I want for customers. Not losers like Chip.
Customers like me don't want vendors (and that's all you are) like you. Look up the old saying Bob: "Business goes where it's invited and STAYS where it's well treated." You seem to have missed the "well treated" part entirely.

You'll find out soon enough that your software is about to be replaced with one that is just as capable, and absolutely free....

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I give up! No more initiating posts for me.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Earl wrote:
I give up! No more initiating posts for me.

You realize if you do that, you'll lose your curmudgeon certification...

Getting back to the subject, I'll state again that I think the "perfect hosting program" is Hoster by MTU. You can use as little or as many of the functions as you want without being overwhelmed with stuff you don't need or want.

And their customer support is really good.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
c. staley wrote:
I'll state again that I think the "perfect hosting program" is Hoster by MTU. You can use as little or as many of the functions as you want without being overwhelmed with stuff you don't need or want.

And their customer support is really good.

i say the same thing about Siglos. what i see different is though Siglos has more options, you can literally turn them off, or even make the window that shows the feature disappear so you only actually SEE what you want.
and same with customer support.

this is why it's always said that there is no "perfect" software, just the perfect software for each person.