KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Not as stupid as some might think Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I recently had a gig that had me re evaluate my setup. I recently traded in my Nissan Cube because I got tired if lifting my equipment rack in and out of the back seat. When I get the new car home. I decide to measure the trunk to decide which if my two racks would fit in the trunk. I neglected to measure height so last Sunday, I got a private party and was waiting for a gig to load my car. I get down to the car with the rack and low and behold, I discover that the trunk wouldn't close with the rack inside it so I have to move it to the back seat where I didn't want to put it. That was the stupid part. So after the gig, I bring the rack back upstairs to my apartment. Decided to take the other rack and see if it would fit in the trunk and it did but using that rack meant changing mixers again so I decided to go back to the first regular analog mixer that I had years ago. I get the mixer this past Tuesday and sell the other rack in Wednesday. I set up the rack in my room/study and started playing around with it and my new choice of software and low and behold the built-in FX went on it. Not having the funds and not having immediate access to a second mixer having given my backup mixer to my former partner as a severance package, although I know that he's the type of guy who would lend it to me temporarily if I asked him to, I happened to have a very old home Karaoke mixer, get ready to cringe, made by Radio Shack that I was able to patch through the aux fx send and returns of the mixer. I intend to replace it once I have the money, probably with a Lexicon unit like the one that I sold with the other rack. Okay so I went from stupid to genius improvisor back to stupid again in a matter of s few sentences. Ih well, it stinks to be me.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Danny, is there any way you can attach a small trailer to your vehicle? That just might solve your problems.

Attachments:
4x6_Haulmark_Passport__Enclosed_Trailer_7wtheS.jpg
4x6_Haulmark_Passport__Enclosed_Trailer_7wtheS.jpg [ 74.97 KiB | Viewed 13895 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Danny, is there any way you can attach a small trailer to your vehicle? That just might solve your problems.

I have no place to store it when not in use and I am not willing to deal with parking and backing it would need if it went everywhere that I go. And besides, I have what I want now, why would I add one more item that I don't even need.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
And besides, I have what I want now, why would I add one more item that I don't even need.

Well, it was just a thought. I only mentioned it because you said, you were having trouble fitting all of your equipment in your vehicle. Glad you worked it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Here's the big ha ha. Should know better. I contacted the place that sold me the mixer and the mixer makes a liar out of me and decides to function correctly.